SportsWrath

official draft thread.

JayD

Look, if McClain is on the board we would have been stupid not to make the move, clearly he's better. But after he left this kid is a great athlete and you know, being a Giants fan, that the Giants are bent on getting the best athlete out there. This guy is the same size as the guys we have and probably faster and has a major upside. This could be a lot worse. Bet your bottom dollar Dub, that if earl thomas was still on the board at 15, he'd be a Giant right now, and we'd still need a linebacker.

Spoon would have been a solid pick for us. I don't know how much this kid was in demand but seems to me we could have traded out of 15 and still landed him. Then pick up Spikes. That would make much more sense to me.

He has played 7 Div 1 games, he has no love for the game and almost thought about quitting football, this not a blessing in disguise he is a workout warrior who freaking blows

I share your skepticism, I'm just trying to give Reese some credit for knowing what he's doing... bottom line is that he knows more than any of us, so right now I'm trying to trust him on this one.

I share your skepticism, I'm just trying to give Reese some credit for knowing what he's doing... bottom line is that he knows more than any of us, so right now I'm trying to trust him on this one.

I hope so, I really do.

Maybe we are planning on shipping or releasing some DEs and we need a possible replacement. I mean it seems like the kid could be a fucking beast but I just think there were alot better picks out there then taking him at 15.

1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

4.Washington - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

5. Kansas City - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

6. Seattle - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

7. Cleveland - Joe Haden, CB, Florida

8. Oakland - Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama

9. Buffalo - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

10. Jacksonville - Tyson Alualu, DT, Cal

11. San Francisco - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

12.San Diego - Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State

13. Philadelphia - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

14. Seattle - Earl Thomas, S, Texas

15. NY Giants - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida (You can never have enough pass rushers)

16. Tennessee - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia

17. San Fran - Mike Iuapti, G, Idaho

18. Pittsburgh - Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

19. Atlanta - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Mizzou (FUCK!)

20. Texans - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama

21. Cincinatti - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma (Great pick)

22. Denver - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

23. Green Bay - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

24. Dallas - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

25. Denver - Tim Tebow, QB, Florida (ARE YOU SERIOUS? Jacksonville just shit their pants)

Spoon would have been a solid pick for us. I don't know how much this kid was in demand but seems to me we could have traded out of 15 and still landed him. Then pick up Spikes. That would make much more sense to me.

They would both be solid, but supposedly the Giants had 4 guys on the chart picked up before 15, so if this kid was high on their list, you got to take him if he's available, not risk it. Giants rarely ever trade down.

Reading these comments I'm having flashbacks to the Kiwi draft. WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?! Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.

We need an inside linebacker. Whitherspoon is a fine pick, but most of the LBs on the team are outside linebackers.