SportsWrath

official draft thread.

JayD

If the Giants had passed on McClain for JPP, I'd be disappointed. However, leave it to Al Davis to act like Al Davis.

As far as the JPP pick, both Mel Kiper and Mike Mayock had him highly rated on their draft boards.

He wasn't a reach, at least as far as the pro analysts saw it.

Looking at the guy, there's now doubt he has the agility and the body frame; if he bulks up a bit more, he could really become a menace.

Our pass rush sucked balls last season. Tuck was broken, Osi was a shadow, and the guys we signed didn't deliver.

Signing JPP at the very least gives us more depth on a unit that failed miserably last year.

It allows us to deal Osi - which might happen tonight. Or it gives us the ability to move Tuck inside at DT and Kiwi back to LB.....in short, it gives us some options.

Having said all that, if we don't get Sean Lee in the 2nd, I'll be very disappointed. We absolutely need a LB in round 2 now that Davis fucked us.

Could have picked up a DT or LB in round 1 and "unfucked" ourselves. But, by picking JPP, the draft cock is balls deep in the Giant's ass

So while Paul is triyng to chase Romo, he can exploit the gaping fucking hole in our LB core with Bryant.

Dude.. last night was only the first round.. and there were no LBs available... none of first round worthiness.

Dude.. last night was only the first round.. and there were no LBs available... none of first round worthiness.

You mean like Weatherspoon? Did you see the Falcons jumping up and down when they picked him right away. This was a cluster fuck pick when there was so much better players left. It's great that the Giants drafted a pass rusher to stop the run. :angry:

You mean like Weatherspoon? Did you see the Falcons jumping up and down when they picked him right away. This was a cluster fuck pick when there was so much better players left. It's great that the Giants drafted a pass rusher to stop the run. :angry:

Falcons aren't playing him at Middle Linebacker...Jesus FUCKING Christ..don't you guys pay attention. Witherspoon is a projected OLB, he MAY have had the chance to play MLB..but some scouts doubted it. The Falcons have Curtis Lofton to lock down the MIKE spot.

Falcons aren't playing him at Middle Linebacker...Jesus FUCKING Christ..don't you guys pay attention. Witherspoon is a projected OLB, he MAY have had the chance to play MLB..but some scouts doubted it. The Falcons have Curtis Lofton to lock down the MIKE spot.

I agree....Witherspoon had 0 interest for me.

Sorry Joe but Osi wasn't "a shadow". The guy still lead the team in sacks (7) on a gimpy leg. The best thing for our pass rush would have been to draft a DT to give us some push up the middle.

Sorry, I take it back.

Osi was a disgruntled, gimpy, semi-productive player last season on the worst Giants defense I've ever seen.....and I'm an old man. I'd have to check with someone my Dad's age to discuss a shittier Giants defense.

And Osi was supposed to step up and be the leader of the defense when Strahan left....instead, he's become the Next Tiki Barber.

So, Reese grabs a guy that could (granted could) become a complete stud.

We have no needs at DE....based on the 2007 defense.

But the post-Strahan defensive line has completely underachieved. I understand that alot of it is due to injury, but the stats don't care about injuries.

I just find it puzzling that all the hate gets leveled at Osi when he was the best performer out there.

Agreed. He's a very good football player who had a so-so year under a subpar defensive coordinator... and he was gimpy. I think the Giants keep all 4 DEs in 2010 but anticipate Kiwi testing the FA market after.