SportsWrath

What team are you surprised that they are "that bad"?

boohyah

For me, it's the Seahawks. Playoff team last year, getting whupped by everyone this year. Seems to be the same nucleus of guys.

interesting. the dog would only argue that the seahawks have a lame-duck coach woul sometimes contributes to poor performance, and they were pretty significantly injured for an extended period of the season...

the dog might choose the 49ers...not that they were expected to be great, but two years ago they made a jump to 7-9 and seemed to be on the cusp of taking the next step...now they are kind of a joke with no real direction...

Gotta be the Lions, i mean, they weren't world beaters, but they were respectable last season, and 0-11 is shocking for almost any team.

Chargers - but that can't be all that shocking knowing Norv turner.

the dog thinks that is a good call as well...again, like the 49ers, not expected to be super bowl bound, but certainly better then they have shown. and how long can one team stay this bad?

as for the chargers, they have lost quite a few games in the last minute or by extremely close scores...doesn't justify the record, but they could easily be in much better position...

Well Hasselback has been injured even when he manages to get on the field and their entire receiving corp was shot. I am not that surprised about Seattle.

San Diego probably is the biggest surprise. LDT was limited by injury but that hasn't hurt their offense much. Merriman was injured and we knew that but their defense is playing like crap.

Oakland we knew would suck.

KC we knew would suck.

Detroit we knew would suck.

I think there are more teams that are doing surprisingly well (Miami, Buffalo, Arizona) than doing surprisingly bad.

For me, it's the Seahawks. Playoff team last year, getting whupped by everyone this year. Seems to be the same nucleus of guys.

Not suprised at all Boohyah... They were a bad team in a pathetic division and finally its catching up to them. The Seahawks are one of the biggest front runners in NFL history. Shaun Alexander should have never won the MVP in 2005. He put up big numbes agains some awful teams.

Eagles, Saints, Jaguars.

jaguars are a good call, althought they dealt with a series of injuries early on...the dog would caution anyone who would take the saints lightly - should they manage to slide in, which they still can, they can do damage to any team they would face...

Not suprised at all Boohyah... They were a bad team in a pathetic division and finally its catching up to them. The Seahawks are one of the biggest front runners in NFL history. Shaun Alexander should have never won the MVP in 2005. He put up big numbes agains some awful teams.

Isn't the fact that the West is worse than ever make it even more surprising the Seahawks are as bad as they are? Hasselback, Tatupu, Julian Peterson are not guys to shake a stick at.

I disagree on Alexander, he had a big year. You're supposed to put up big numbers against awful teams.

Too many to choose from this year.

eagles, jags, bengals, browns, lions, pack, hawks, one could even make a case for the Cowpatties.

On the flip side I'm surprised by how well teams like Falcons, Cards, Skins (I thought they would be bottom of the east), Dolphins, Jets, and Ravens are doing.

While they may not be 'that bad', I'm pretty surprised by the Colts lackluster performance. New England too. Not saying they absolutely suck, but considering their ability in the past to 'plug anyone in and win', it's surprising how stale they look sometimes. I would have thought Denver would make a serious move to the top this year, certainly didn't have the Titans in mind either.

Too many to choose from this year.

eagles, jags, bengals, browns, lions, pack, hawks, one could even make a case for the Cowpatties.

On the flip side I'm surprised by how well teams like Falcons, Cards, Skins (I thought they would be bottom of the east), Dolphins, Jets, and Ravens are doing.

The one shouldn't be on your list. GB were expected to be mediocre with the QB transistion, they surprised with a good start but they've settled in to being average.

The team I don't understand is KC. They let two of the best defensive players in the league go (Mitchell & Allen) and for what?

Article

jaguars are a good call, althought they dealt with a series of injuries early on...the dog would caution anyone who would take the saints lightly - should they manage to slide in, which they still can, they can do damage to any team they would face...

The Saints are the Cardinals... except with no defense to speak of at all.

I know they just beat up on the Pack, but the Saints play well at home. If we drew them in Giants stadiium, I would not be worried at all. Anybody can score on the Saints, and our defense is good enough to slow them enough.

While they may not be 'that bad', I'm pretty surprised by the Colts lackluster performance. New England too. Not saying they absolutely suck, but considering their ability in the past to 'plug anyone in and win', it's surprising how stale they look sometimes. I would have thought Denver would make a serious move to the top this year, certainly didn't have the Titans in mind either.

I don't know about NE, Rik. They lost their starting QB in the first game of the season. The mere fact they're in the running for a playoff spot despite that is a really good argument for Belichek (I don't feel like looking up his name) getting coach of the year.

Detroit kind of surprised me. The whole AFC West surprises me: sure, KC and Oakland were no surprise, but you would think that Denver and San Diego would be feasting in that division, and they're just not that good, either.

The one shouldn't be on your list. GB were expected to be mediocre with the QB transistion, they surprised with a good start but they've settled in to being average.

The team I don't understand is KC. They let two of the best defensive players in the league go (Mitchell & Allen) and for what?

GB was picked to win the north by a lot of people. Despite the qb they had a good defense and solid run game. To go from the NFC championship to missing the playoffs is a big drop.

Now KC shouldn't surprise anyone. They've been steadily worse every year since Herm's arrival.