SportsWrath

Trade rumor between the Giants and Chiefs?

Taylorized56

I wasn't comparing the Giants to the Cowboys, nummy. The question asked if having to many weapons is a problem. You know as well as I do that it is. Look at the Yankees. How many times have the Cowboys been compared to the Yankees? The Yankees dont have egos, yet somehow fail time in and time out. The Giants have young talent right now that in time will gain egos.

:(

Not sure why we wouldn't do it for a 3rd. We have 2 second round picks next year. A 3rd for one of the best TE's in football who still has 3-4 good years left in him seems fair to me.

I'm sure Jerry is just doing the low ball tactic. Might as well see how much they budge first.

Not sure why we wouldn't do it for a 3rd. We have 2 second round picks next year. A 3rd for one of the best TE's in football who still has 3-4 good years left in him seems fair to me.

a 3rd round draft pick seems too high for me... I say a 4th and it's a deal.

I seriously cant sleep. I've been thinking about this possible trade for the last hour or so. Can you imagine how stacked we'd be with Tony. I wasn't originally for this trade, but I'm starting think over this. TG has hands like no other TE. He would improve our red zone offense so much. Who does the defense key on, Plax, TG, Jacobs..? We could run the dream two TE sets we talked about in off season before Shockey was traded. I honestly think if we got TG, we are a shoe in for the division title. We all know how soft Dallas' and Philly's pass defense is. Make it happen Jerry, a 3rd rounder is peanuts when you have a boatload of picks this off season.

A 3rd rounder for the best TE in Football? Hell, even if its only an immediate fix, it'd be worth it. like Socal said, look how stacked we are with this guy. Boss is our TE for the future most likely, why not get him tutoring from the best for such a low cost?

After watching the pre-game stuff on TV, it sounds to me like the team most likely to get Gonzales is a team that has a legitimate shot at the superbowl and it's in TG's hands. He won't go to a team that is only going for the playoffs or a team that "wants to improve to make the playoffs".....he only wants to go to a legitimate contender, which leaves the Giants in a very good position to pull the trigger.

Just a hunch, but I suspect he'll end up in Giants blue and it will be something like a 3rd and 6th pick. Some articles say they are looking for a 2nd and 5th, but they won't get that from a team that TG is willing to go to.

Should be interesting. I'd welcome the trade even though I really like Boss.

After watching the pre-game stuff on TV, it sounds to me like the team most likely to get Gonzales is a team that has a legitimate shot at the superbowl and it's in TG's hands. He won't go to a team that is only going for the playoffs or a team that "wants to improve to make the playoffs".....he only wants to go to a legitimate contender, which leaves the Giants in a very good position to pull the trigger.

Just a hunch, but I suspect he'll end up in Giants blue and it will be something like a 3rd and 6th pick. Some articles say they are looking for a 2nd and 5th, but they won't get that from a team that TG is willing to go to.

I would too, and I don't see a team that is a better fit for him than us. A legit contender who's only need if there is any is TE.

With 2 second round picks and potentially 2 first round picks(if Vilma meets the % of plays and that trade is a 2nd)why not give up a 3rd rounder for him? I say do it. This guy is better than Shockey on his best day and would only open up passing lanes evn more for ELI. Why not do it?

Yea we all do.. but it's not like Boss is going to get cut.. he's our future TE no matter what. There's nothing wrong with having two very good TEs.

If Reese pulls off getting an upgrade like this by trading away Shockey for a 2 and 5, then trading for Gonzales for a 3 and whatever, I propose we never speak of Scott Pioli again. And someone hide Ccase's cutlery. :P

I'd take Gonzales over Shockey any day. Even with TG at 32--he's on the field, Shockey isn't. And I doubt that changes next year.

That being said, I'm a bit indifferent: Boss is doing a fine job blocking, and our receivers are picking up any production loss we have with the tight ends.

It would almost be cruel for us to get the luxury of a HOF tight end.

if the price is right i say do it but id still be a little worried. he's a little like tiki and jason taylor as far as being all about their career and i dont know how well that fits in with our team

Actually, I everything I've read about TG is that he's very humble, a great team player, and a philanthopist of the highest level. That is high character.

I've never seen nor read one negative thing about TG's personality and everyone who's worked with him heaps praises on the guy. He's a 180 from Shockey - personality-wise.

Tony wants to come to NY. We are the team he wants to play for

Chiefs TE Gonzalez hopes for trade to Giants

TOM ROCK

October 13, 2008

It's unclear how much interest the Giants have in Tony Gonzalez, but he apparently is very interested in joining them. The all-time leader in yardage by a tight end reportedly has asked the rebuilding Chiefs to trade him to a Super Bowl contender, with the Giants at the top of his wish list.

A report yesterday on Foxsports.com, in which Jay Glazer spoke with Gonzalez, said the Giants are the "most attractive" team to him. That report described the Giants' pursuit of Gonzalez as "lukewarm."

"At this point in my career, I want to play for a known contender," said Gonzalez, 32.

Since Jeremy Shockey was hurt last December (and eventually traded to the Saints), the Giants have not thrown as much to tight ends, relying on three- and four-receiver sets. In that span they are 9-1.

The Packers, Eagles and Bills reportedly also have expressed interest in Gonzalez. The NFL trading deadline is 4 p.m. tomorrow

OK at first when I heard about this trade I wasn't to sure about it . Then I read that he wanted to go to a "Superbowl hopeful team" I was thinking "GOLD DIGGER" no way no how do I want him. Then I looked back on his career and remember how Selfish less he is,Always giving to the Community and to the Kids. Then I got thinking ,You know he does deserve a chance at a ring, You know he will not get one in KC as long as Herm the worm is coach . "HELLO".......

I also read in this thread about the added weaponry we would have and I feel (like some one said) it may be one of the building blocks we need to bolster our incubated dynasty . Not only would Tony help us win games along the way he could help groom/mentor Boss way better than Shockey could of, not only on the field but off the field as well.

Imagine if you will, five down linemen ELi over center Jacobs or Ward behind ELi. Boss and Gonzalez book ending the line with Plax,Toomer and Hixon or Smith as wide outs. Who does the Defence Key on? I thought about it. I would pull the trigger.

All kidding aside, Tony Gonzalez would be a great fit here and Boss will still get playing time. I have never heard of Gonzalez rocking the boat in Kansas city, even when Edwards just decided all of a sudden to go with a youth movement. Giants can easily play 2 TE sets if Gonzalez is in the line up. If you can get him for a third, I'd do it.

I would go for this trade if it didn't cost us too much. Not only would TG replace Osi, Tuck could also go back to being a roving lineman where, to me, he was a lot more devastating.

Wtf are you talking about, you idiot? TG is a TE, not a DE! Get your shit straight or stay the fuck home!!

Late Sunday night a report out of Buffalo has the Bills offering a 2009 third-round pick for Gonzalez. The Chiefs are sticking to their initial demands of a second-round pick and a fourth-round pick.

Earlier in the evening the New York Giants moved off their offer of a single draft pick, reportedly a sixth-rounder for Gonzalez, and are now willing to talk about a first-day pick. But there’s also another team in the mix, the Philadelphia Eagles.

According to our Eagles source, Philadelphia does not want Gonzalez winding up in a Giants uniform. That has the Chiefs in the catbird seat and signals the likely end of the Gonzalez era in Kansas City.

But he might not be the only veteran on the move. Warpaint Illustrated has confirmed that two teams have inquired about Larry Johnson – the Seattle Seahawks and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Johnson played his collegiate career at Penn State and the local NFL team, the Steelers, who are in desperate need of a running back, have shown some interest in continuing conversations with the Chiefs.

What's interesting about the LJ rumors is that the Bills may be willing to part with second year Running Back Fred Jackson who was taken off the Bills official depth chart late Sunday evening when the Gonzalez trade rumor hit the internet. He could be part of the trade and if so that means LJ might be on the move to another team before Tuesday's deadline.