SportsWrath

Trade rumor between the Giants and Chiefs?

Taylorized56

Let me start by saying that this is only a RUMOR and should be taken with a grain of salt considering that big trades rarely happen during the year. It is at the very least worth mentioning though. A chiefs fan from another board I go to posted that he heard that the Giants were talking to KC about trading for Tony Gonzalez at a Chiefs board. I found the board and the topic starter said he heard it on a local radio station and neither the Giants or Chiefs would confirm or deny it. Again, I remain highly skeptical of this happening but I figure I'd post it.

link to the aforementioned thread

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/inde...?showtopic=4138

Well I know we are loaded with picks right now so Reese does have some stuff to play with. And maybe we can dump Moss on them...that two TD catch game gave a momentary bump to his value. But I don't like the idea of bringing in someone new during the season. And I don't see the need for him right now. Not that I wouldn't think it would be nice to have such a great TE on the team.

Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez to the Giants: Why would a team trade a man many consider the greatest tight end of all time? The Chiefs are rebuilding and by the time they turn around their fortunes, Gonzalez's time in this league could be over. Why let his career end on a rebuilding team? He and team President Carl Peterson are extremely close. If they can find a trade that would work for all parties, it would actually be quite honorable for a team executive to not hold a player hostage in his final years on a rebuilding team. Get something for him to assist with the rebuilding process. He'll forever be loved in KC regardless.

The Giants are the perfect fit as they'd provide Eli Manning with one of the most reliable targets in the league. Between Gonzalez and Plaxico Burress, their red-zone threat would be downright scary. The Giants should take the second- and fifth-round picks they got for Jeremy Shockey's trade and offer them to the Chiefs for Gonzalez. Shockey for Gonzo? Who doesn't do that?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8661522...t-be-a-bad-idea

I am thinking some KC radio station was just talking about that story and that is where this rumor all started.

Well I know we are loaded with picks right now so Reese does have some stuff to play with. And maybe we can dump Moss on them...that two TD catch game gave a momentary bump to his value. But I don't like the idea of bringing in someone new during the season. And I don't see the need for him right now. Not that I wouldn't think it would be nice to have such a great TE on the team.

I'd rather the Giants use the picks to beef up the offensive and defensive lines in next

years draft. Imagine an offensive line with a massive left tackle?! :drool:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8661522...t-be-a-bad-idea

I am thinking some KC radio station was just talking about that story and that is where this rumor all started.

I saw that too but the poster at the forum said neither team would confirm or deny it. Unless he mis heard it or is lying wouldn't both teams just come out and deny it? You could very well be right though. I think I found the online site of the radio station he was talking about. I'm listening live but they're broadcasting some local college or highschool game right now.

What is wrong with any of our Olinemen...other than McKenzie who has the concussion issue right now....the only position on the offense that is a "weakness" is TE. I would hardly be looking for a LT right now.

Hell our line is locked up easily for the next 5+ years.

I could see us drafting O-line in the draft to groom and build experience on during those years but nothing to replace.

What is wrong with any of our Olinemen...other than McKenzie who has the concussion issue right now....the only position on the offense that is a "weakness" is TE. I would hardly be looking for a LT right now.

Let be honest with ourselves. David is not a good LT... He gave up 11 sacks last year...That's not good.

Obviously this came out of the blue and it may take us sometime to think about it... however, since we do have picks to trade.. and since we can get help at the TE position.. not saying Boss isn't good but having 2 good TE's is even better.

I think the question I would ask this: Does TG has at least 3 good years left in the tank? If so, I say trade for him.

Pass...

Look, Tony Gonzales is the shit. I would love to have him, but I dont like the thought of fucking with chemistry. This team is gelling and a perennial all pro like Gonzales could rock the boat. Keep this current team in tact and flowing.

NAY on this rumor.

Obviously this came out of the blue and it may take us sometime to think about it... however, since we do have picks to trade.. and since we can get help at the TE position.. not saying Boss isn't good but having 2 good TE's is even better.

I think the question I would ask this: Does TG has at least 3 good years left in the tank? If so, I say trade for him.

Well TG would also be a good player coach for Boss. Keep in mind what McQuarters and Madison have done with Ross and Webster.

As far as time left in the tank, I would say he is more likely to play 3 years for a young team that should be competing for postseason success the next couple of years than on the Chiefs.

Let be honest with ourselves. David is not a good LT... He gave up 11 sacks last year...That's not good.

Our first real dominate line in years and yeah lets break it up....good plan. Also how do you judge is all those sacks we're his fault? How many of them did he have to face multiple defenders coming in on a blitz? Could it have been the RBs fault in the backfield also? I don't like the whole "he gave up this many sacks" because there's to many variables to look at.

By the way "how many sacks has he given up" this year?

Our first real dominate line in years and yeah lets break it up....good plan. Also how do you judge is all those sacks we're his fault? How many of them did he have to face multiple defenders coming in on a blitz? Could it have been the RBs fault in the backfield also? I don't like the whole "he gave up this many sacks" because there's to many variables to look at.

I believe he's given up 1 this year. Andre Carter.

At no point did I say we should break up the line. But lets be honest here. Diehl is average at the LT position.