SportsWrath

Trade rumor between the Giants and Chiefs?

Taylorized56

Tiki blew up the Redskins, putting us into the playoffs, giving us a drafting position later in the draft than Willis went. If Tiki wasn't a selfish dick who had to have one last me-moment we could have drafted Willis.

The thing is, we wouldn't have Coughlin and Spags, either.

I am positive Midas wasn't saying Tiki was trying to get us a worse draft position, he was saying Tiki played like he did in that last game so he could have one last major hoorah in the NFL, rather than trying to get his team in the playoffs.

I'm not so sure thats untrue, no doubt in my mind that it was at least a factor.

I'm not a Barber fan, but I really can't fault him for going all-out in his last hurrah--even if it was for his own reasons. Do you think any player wants to go into retirement thinking that he dialed-in his last game?

Besides, it was the Redskins, a team he always did well against.

And he doesn't have a ring--why not go for the playoffs and a chance, even with a decimated team? A slim chance is better than no chance at all.

Midas, we probably would have gone DB anyway--our LBs were weak, but our secondary flat-out sucked.

i'll do it. we're 5-0 and trying to defend a title, we kill the draft every year anyway, so let's go for a repeat

This is my thought. TG is towards the end of his career, still w/ alot of talent. Boss would benefit from this guy, and make us even scarier immediatley.

My recollections of the Giants go back to 1981 when I was 7 and fell hook line and sinker for the team in blue my family loved and a man named simply LT, so maybe my feelings on what a "pathetic" team is a tad different then others. I was old enough at 4 years old to remember th angst my dad brought home from a game that fateful day in 1978 with an incident that simply became known as "the fumble". When I think of pathetic Giant teams I think of 1983, 1992, 1995, 1996 and 2003. With years such as 1988 and 1994 when they were 10-6 and 9-7 and did not qualify for the playoffs I am not apologizing for making it at 8-8. It has happened before and will happen again. That 2006 Giant team had so much bullshit to overcome it was a no win situation. From injuries, to Tiki and his "planned" leak of his retirement. It was a no win.

Hardly pathetic though, more disappointing and made 2007 all the more sweeter.

I dont think we need TG. It looks like Boss is really starting to become better at blocking, and we all know the kid can catch. Let our WAY above average wr crew take most of the catches, its working out great so far. Especialy considering Eli is hitting all of them. Save those extra picks to move up in the draft, cause I got the feeling we will be picking last (or close to it) again.

I am positive Midas wasn't saying Tiki was trying to get us a worse draft position, he was saying Tiki played like he did in that last game so he could have one last major hoorah in the NFL, rather than trying to get his team in the playoffs.

I'm not so sure thats untrue, no doubt in my mind that it was at least a factor.

yep, i wasn't saying that we should've been TRYING to lose either, i jus said that we would've been better off if we did

I would go for this trade if it didn't cost us too much. Not only would TG replace Osi, Tuck could also go back to being a roving lineman where, to me, he was a lot more devastating.

Tuck has been roving. On a lot of third and longs he is inside and Tollefson takes his place. His pick 6 was from an inside position lined up next to Kiwi.

I understand...But don't you think we should be looking at upgrading the LT position through the draft?

Under the theory that every position must be looked at, Yes. In terms or priority, No. Diehl is very young and we do have someone we're grooming behind him already (his name escapes me at the moment)

Does it really matter? Our entire defense is top 5.

Tiki played his ass off in that final game to get us into the playoffs, not to screw us over in the draft. Thinking otherwise isn't thinking with any type of clarity.

The playoff game against the Eagles would've been a win had our D been able to hold them.

The Titans game was more than Pacman Jones beating us. Why the hell were we passing the ball when we were up 21-0 in the 4th qtr?

Bottom line, this team is perfect the way it is. We're the defending champions and we're 4-0 already. Let's enjoy what we have now rather than bitch about a guy who played his last professional game nearly 2 years ago.

You're absolutely right.

I hereby declare AA, Nem, and BlueinCanada to be babies... :P

And here I thought this thread was about Tony Gonzalez :)

GONZALEZ TO GIANTS?

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2008, 11:52 p.m. EDT

A reader tells us that KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has requested a trade, and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants. (It’s an inside joke that you’ll understand only if you check the site every day, multiple times per day.)

Though we haven’t confirmed that KSHB is reporting this information, we’ve learned separately that, indeed, an effort is afoot to move Gonzalez out of Kansas City.

The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.

Stay tuned.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/10/...alez-to-giants/

"and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants." :unsure:

Yeah I read through the comments to try and figure that one out and the best I can get is there was a typo one day and now it is an inside ha ha joke that isn't so ha ha.