SportsWrath

Trade rumor between the Giants and Chiefs?

Taylorized56

We don't need Tony.... I prefer if we get a LB.

Sure.. if you can find a team that's willing a linebacker who's worth trading for. KC is in a unique situation where they may benefit from unloading TG.. and the Giants can pay the price and will benefit greatly.

Well TG would also be a good player coach for Boss. Keep in mind what McQuarters and Madison have done with Ross and Webster.

As far as time left in the tank, I would say he is more likely to play 3 years for a young team that should be competing for postseason success the next couple of years than on the Chiefs.

Most defeinitely.

So-Cal I don't think this team's chemistry will be affected at all.. at least not in a negative way. You're brining in a star who's a team player.. this can only make your team that much better.

My hat off to those KC fans on that message board, they love the guy.

At no point did I say we should break up the line. But lets be honest here. Diehl is average at the LT position.

I don't think he's average at all. He's playing the toughest position in one of if not the best OL in the league... In his first year the team won the SB and are undefeated so far... average? More like grass is greener on the other side, Carlos.

i was keeping up with the joke from the 'we're 5-0' thread that was counting the bye week

I missed that. Reminds me of a few years ago when some of us angry fans were wishing the worst for the Eagles. One poster said I wish they go 0-17. Someone told him.. ok I know they can go 0-16 but how can a team go 0-17? The response was "They'll suck so bad they'll be credited with a loss during the bye week" lol

Well TG would also be a good player coach for Boss. Keep in mind what McQuarters and Madison have done with Ross and Webster.

As far as time left in the tank, I would say he is more likely to play 3 years for a young team that should be competing for postseason success the next couple of years than on the Chiefs.

gonzalez never struck me as a "player coach" good theory but you'd be surprised how little of that actually goes on.

as far as LB goes, if tiki weren't such a glory hog and didn't go nuts in that last game of the season two years ago we would've been able to draft patrick willis. another reason to hate that phony

I don't understand :mellow:

gonzalez never struck me as a "player coach" good theory but you'd be surprised how little of that actually goes on.

I know it is a very uncommon thing, but one can hope :TU:

Without knowing what kind of compensation we are talking about I am on the fence for this one. I wouldn't be against bringing him in if the price is right, player coach or not.

Tiki blew up the Redskins, putting us into the playoffs, giving us a drafting position later in the draft than Willis went. If Tiki wasn't a selfish dick who had to have one last me-moment we could have drafted Willis.

Most defeinitely.

So-Cal I don't think this team's chemistry will be affected at all.. at least not in a negative way. You're brining in a star who's a team player.. this can only make your team that much better.

My hat off to those KC fans on that message board, they love the guy.

I dont think so. The only upside I see to Gonzales being on this team, performance wise, is his blocking ability. Like I said, this team is gelling and you never want to risk losing it. He'll cost a ton of money for blocking. I dont think he's worth it.

if tiki didn't go nuts in the last gme of his career (against the skins--which was totally meaningless since we had lost our last 97 games) we woulda had a much higher pick and would've been able to draft patrick willis.

Tiki blew up the Redskins, putting us into the playoffs, giving us a drafting position later in the draft than Willis went. If Tiki wasn't a selfish dick who had to have one last me-moment we could have drafted Willis.

he put it much better than i did

I don't think he's average at all. He's playing the toughest position in one of if not the best OL in the league... In his first year the team won the SB and are undefeated so far... average? More like grass is greener on the other side, Carlos.

I understand...But don't you think we should be looking at upgrading the LT position through the draft?

I don't think Tiki was doing it for a 'me-moment.' The guy was trying to put us in the playoff....

I don't think Tiki was doing it for a 'me-moment.' The guy was trying to put us in the playoff....

i have to disagree, i honestly think tiki played that game for himself. tough for either of us to prove each other wrong on this one though

I have to agree. Tiki never seemed like a "me" player. He put it all out there when he played. I will say though, Tike wouldnt have had that performance if not for the holes the line opened up for him.

we all knew we weren't going anywhere in the playoffs that year, we were better off losing that game and getting willis. i know ross is good and all but willis is already a top 5 LB

That's the most absurd thing I've heard in awhile. So last season you knew we'd win the Superbowl? C'mon Admiral...

we all knew we weren't going anywhere in the playoffs that year, we were better off losing that game and getting willis. i know ross is good and all but willis is already a top 5 LB

Yeah..why even bother for the playoffs anyone? infact lets just loose the rest of our games so we have a better draft choice.

Damn that was a stupid comment.

We were searching for our first playoff win with Eli last year...like you knew we were going to the Superbowl...come on Admiral.

That's the most absurd thing I've heard in awhile. So last season you knew we'd win the Superbowl? C'mon Admiral...

i felt way better about us last year than i did two years ago. im shocked the philly game was even close--we were garbage that year

Okay, say if they did happen for arguments sake.

You know who the Giants 1st choice to replace Coughlin was? Charlie Weis.

You know who was 2nd on the list?

Bobby Petrino.

I win. Giants don't beat the Redskins that night, none of this happens. Coughlin is no longer here

and Eli would be called a bust by all the papers. Alot of things change if the Giants lose that game

and they wouldn't be the defending Superbowl Champs.

Yeah..why even bother for the playoffs anyone? infact lets just loose the rest of our games so we have a better draft choice.

Damn that was a stupid comment.

We were searching for our first playoff win with Eli last year...like you knew we were going to the Superbowl...come on Admiral.

it's easy to say stuff like this now that we won a superbowl and are 4-0, but the truth is we were pathetic two years ago. period. not up for debate