SportsWrath

Trade rumor between the Giants and Chiefs?

Taylorized56

Just saw on NFL Network... Giants are interested... and rumor has it are offering a 6th round pick... Chefs want a "sweeter deal."

Yep, and even the Giants would be stupid to believe the Chefs would accept a 6th rounder... so we'll wait for their counter offer ;)

I agree... I have no doubt in my mind that the Giants would have draft a DB regardless how high we were drafting. Revis would have a Giant. No doubt.

Right now it's not as big of an issue but that year a LB was much more necessary than a DB in my mind. This team needs to get stud LB, sadly the weakest part of the D, to complete what is already a great D.

Right now it's not as big of an issue but that year a LB was much more necessary than a DB in my mind. This team needs to get stud LB, sadly the weakest part of the D, to complete what is already a great D.

Hopefully we can trade for a high draft pick and draft Rey Maualuga... :drool:

Plus do we really need Gonzo? I have to be honest, Boss is run blocking like a mad man. I've been very impress by Boss' run blocking ability so far.

I won't be heartbroken at all. If can get him for a nice price I'm all for it but if not oh well we'll still have shit load of draft picks to possibly move up in the draft or make a different trade in the off-season. I still think the Boss-man is the future TE of this team and I'm sure he realizes that. But I will say having a guy like Gonzo at tightend on an already solid offense would give DC's nightmares.

I won't be heartbroken at all. If can get him for a nice price I'm all for it but if not oh well we'll still have shit load of draft picks to possibly move up in the draft or make a different trade in the off-season. I still think the Boss-man is the future TE of this team and I'm sure he realizes that. But I will say having a guy like Gonzo at tightend on an already solid offense would give DC's nightmares.

True... But is there such a thing as having too many weapons?

Plus do we really need Gonzo? I have to be honest, Boss is run blocking like a mad man. I've been very impress by Boss' run blocking ability so far.

No we don't NEED TG. However, him on the team will make us that much better and will establish us as a dynasty. I think adding TG will force opposing defenses to account for him thereby leaving others open...

It's an idea worth considering and if we give up what we got for shockey then I think both teams win... Then you ask yourself this: Given Shockey's situation (that eventually lead to his deprature), would you have traded him to the Chiefs for DG?

New just broke. Tony Gonzalez and the Chiefs 3rd for Ahmad Bradshaw and the Giants 1st. :o

:P sorry, I had to do it.

<_<

I could understand trading Ward since he is on a contract year but you pushed the reality limit with Bradshaw.

Under any circumstances, I wouldn't mess with our RB Treo... Two draft pix is all we're giving up.

No we don't NEED TG. However, him on the team will make us that much better and will establish us as a dynasty. I think adding TG will force opposing defenses to account for him thereby leaving others open...

It's an idea worth considering and if we give up what we got for shockey then I think both teams win... Then you ask yourself this: Given Shockey's situation (that eventually lead to his deprature), would you have traded him to the Chiefs for DG?

I like the sound of that. :)

Terrible comparison... those guys have huge egos.. our team plays under a team-concept. Comparing the Giants to the Cowboys is like comparing outstanding citizens to parolees.

I wasn't comparing the Giants to the Cowboys, nummy. The question asked if having to many weapons is a problem. You know as well as I do that it is. Look at the Yankees. How many times have the Cowboys been compared to the Yankees? The Yankees dont have egos, yet somehow fail time in and time out. The Giants have young talent right now that in time will gain egos.