SportsWrath

Trade rumor between the Giants and Chiefs?

Taylorized56

i felt way better about us last year than i did two years ago. im shocked the philly game was even close--we were garbage that year

We were actually decent that year, really...it's just we got hit hard by the injury bug like the year before and we had guys off the practice squad playing.

We actually had a legitimate shot at winning the game expect our D was so bloody decimated by injuries.

it's easy to say stuff like this now that we won a superbowl and are 4-0, but the truth is we were pathetic two years ago. period. not up for debate

The Giants were pathetic because of 3 things:

1. An incoherent offensive coordinator.

2. An incoherent defensive coordinator.

3. Injuries.

I think if all those injuries don't happen...Giants win atleast one playoff game that year.

We were actually decent that year, really...it's just we got hit hard by the injury bug like the year before and we had guys off the practice squad playing.

We actually had a legitimate shot at winning the game expect our D was so bloody decimated by injuries.

are you kidding me? do you have alzheimers or something? we made the playoffs with an 8-8 record. the end.

The Giants were pathetic because of 3 things:

1. An incoherent offensive coordinator.

2. An incoherent defensive coordinator.

3. Injuries.

I think if all those injuries don't happen...Giants win atleast one playoff game that year.

it doesn't matter why we were pathetic--the fact is we were pathetic. we had no business inthe playoffs that year

are you kidding me? do you have alzheimers or something? we made the playoffs with an 8-8 record. the end.

Umm yeah we mead the playoffs and your point is?

We made lasts years playoffs with a 10-6 record are you kidding me do you have Alzheimer or something? Wow two game more by your logic we should of just given up in Tampa Bay for a better draft spot.

Seriously Admiral.

Umm yeah we mead the playoffs and your point is?

We made lasts years playoffs with a 10-6 record are you kidding me do you have Alzheimer or something? Wow two game more by your logic we should of just given up in Tampa Bay for a better draft spot.

Seriously Admiral.

do you honestly think there's nto much of a difference between last year's team and the team we had two years ago? i mean you get the games up there in canada right? cuz it's night and day

it's easy to say stuff like this now that we won a superbowl and are 4-0, but the truth is we were pathetic two years ago. period. not up for debate

The Giants were 6-2 that year before crippling injuries to Toomer, Pettigout, Tuck, Strahan, and other nagging ones that caused starters to miss games ruined what should have been a good season. Its funny though the adversity and criticism that team went through helped them and probably was why they won in 07. IMO the grittiness they showed that night in Philly in the playoffs was something to build on, missing starters all over the place on both sides of the ball and yet 1 defensive stop at the end of the game and they had a chance to win it in the 4th quarter. That team was not pathetic more like pathetically undermanned.

do you honestly think there's nto much of a difference between last year's team and the team we had two years ago? i mean you get the games up there in canada right? cuz it's night and day

Do you even know what your talking about anymore??

Did I once say the teams were the same?

You started off bitching about how Tiki fucked us over in the draft by getting us into the playoffs and I was simple saying your wrong.

Re-read the thread...you might realize what we're talking about.

The Giants were 6-2 that year before crippling injuries to Toomer, Pettigout, Tuck, Strahan, and other nagging ones that caused starters to miss games ruined what should have been a good season. Its funny though the adversity and criticism that team went through helped them and probably was why they won in 07. IMO the grittiness they showed that night in Philly in the playoffs was something to build on, missing starters all over the place on both sides of the ball and yet 1 defensive stop at the end of the game and they had a chance to win it in the 4th quarter. That team was not pathetic more like pathetically undermanned.

every team has to deal with injuries. the bottom line is that we were 1-5 in our last six before the skins game including pathetic performances against the bears (3rd and 26 or was it 4th and 26?) and titans (pacman single handedly beat us). like i said, it's easy to look back at that year and not realize how sad we were cuz we won the superbowl the next year, but our team was nothing to be proud of that year. and i'd rather have patrick willis than aaron ross--as much as i like him

Do you even know what your talking about anymore??

Did I once say the teams were the same?

You started off bitching about how Tiki fucked us over in the draft by getting us into the playoffs and I was simple saying your wrong.

Re-read the thread...you might realize what we're talking about.

and im simply saying you're wrong. try not to be such a baby about it and realize im just a dude disagreeing with you

and im simply saying you're wrong. try not to be such a baby about it and realize im just a dude disagreeing with you

Yeah I'm acting like the baby lol

Anyways you never "simply" said anything, you just said I has Alzheimer's and if i had games up here in Canada when all I said was your statement about Tiki saying "Oh hey..I know what I can do...bring the team into the playoffs so they dont get a draft spot"

Seriously Admiral..stop the act, its getting funny now.

Yeah I'm acting like the baby lol

Anyways you never "simply" said anything, you just said I has Alzheimer's and if i had games up here in Canada when all I said was your statement about Tiki saying "Oh hey..I know what I can do...bring the team into the playoffs so they dont get a draft spot"

Seriously Admiral..stop the act, its getting funny now.

we both know that's not what i was saying--my point was that tiki couldn't care less whether we made the playoffs but whether or not he went out with a bang. the dude is not a team player, he never was, and if you dont realize that after that final season he played then there's nothing else i can say

Does it really matter? Our entire defense is top 5.

Tiki played his ass off in that final game to get us into the playoffs, not to screw us over in the draft. Thinking otherwise isn't thinking with any type of clarity.

The playoff game against the Eagles would've been a win had our D been able to hold them.

The Titans game was more than Pacman Jones beating us. Why the hell were we passing the ball when we were up 21-0 in the 4th qtr?

Bottom line, this team is perfect the way it is. We're the defending champions and we're 4-0 already. Let's enjoy what we have now rather than bitch about a guy who played his last professional game nearly 2 years ago.

you guys honestly think i was saying that tik iwas trying to fuck us in the draft? god, why do i even bother...

Talking about Tiki in a sarcastic way here doesn't work. People will (like I did) think you're being serious since, to some Giants fans, Tiki is the Anti-Christ.

Talking about Tiki in a sarcastic way here doesn't work. People will (like I did) think you're being serious since, to some Giants fans, Tiki is the Anti-Christ.

i dont like tiki at all. but im not saying that he intentionally sabatoged us for the draft, im saying that he was thinking about himself, not the team, when going all out in that last game. obviously that's debatable and i understand that, but i never implied he was thinking of our draft spot. and i do think that patrick willis is a better player than aaron ross and i never thought we had a prayer that year in the playoffs, and i dont think having willis instead of ross would've made the slightest bit of difference last season and if anyting we'd be a better team

Midas is spot on about the fact that the 8-8 team wasn't good. Eli did his usual swoon at the end of the season, and we got into the playoffs because the NFC was fucking awful. Seriously, name a team that went 8-8, got into the playoffs that was really worth a damn.

But the Tiki comment about him playing for himself is silly. I keep hearing this, that Tiki was selfish like that. It's assinine. Next thing it'll be Barry Sanders.

i dont like tiki at all. but im not saying that he intentionally sabatoged us for the draft, im saying that he was thinking about himself, not the team, when going all out in that last game. obviously that's debatable and i understand that, but i never implied he was thinking of our draft spot. and i do think that patrick willis is a better player than aaron ross and i never thought we had a prayer that year in the playoffs, and i dont think having willis instead of ross would've made the slightest bit of difference last season and if anyting we'd be a better team

The Giants probably wouldn't have drafted Willis anyway. Everybody here knows that the Giants need a good LB or two but they are never drafted. Posluszny was also passed when he could have been drafted but the Giants seem averse to drafting LB in the first round.

The Giants probably wouldn't have drafted Willis anyway. Everybody here knows that the Giants need a good LB or two but they are never drafted. Posluszny was also passed when he could have been drafted but the Giants seem averse to drafting LB in the first round.

I agree... I have no doubt in my mind that the Giants would have draft a DB regarless how high we were drafting. Revis would have a Giant. No doubt.

Yeah they love the guy. Gonzo to them is like Strahan or LT to us. He's one of the best TE's ever. I feel for those guys.

That's who I wanted the Giants to draft instead Ike (I'm always hurt, but people still think I'm a warrior) Hillary, I mean Hilliard.

My 2 cents:

Concerning Tiki. You play every game to win. Playing to lose in order to get a better draft position is insane. If that's going to happen, then the coach pulls it off by playing subs and by purposely coming in with a game plan to get defeated. You can't hang that on one player. Tiki did some great things for the Giants, but lost a lot of respect from the fans because he had a problem with Eli. Tiki is paying a huge price for letting his ego get in the way of just playing football as a piece of the puzzle, in the team concept. Regardless, Tiki did the right thing by playing his best. That's what every player should do regardless of where a team ends up in the draft order.

Left Tackle. Deihl has performed admirably for a player whose natural position is NOT left tackle. He has the heart and soul of a winner and his personality, style, hunger, etc., is part of a great OLine chemistry that I haven't seen in my lifetime on a Giants team. However, it sure would be nice to have a stud LT being groomed behind him who also fits the current chemistry.

Gonzales. The way I look at it, our team is loaded right now. Not only are we loaded, but we have depth....especially at WR, RB, and even QB. We also have coming, a first round pick, two second round picks, a third, a fourth, two fifth rounders, etc....not to mention we'll probably get a couple of comp picks. So we'll have an extra large draft class next year. If we keep 6 or more of our drafted players, which 6 or more current players do we want to cut? It's almost a dilemna because we are so loaded and we have quality youngsters just waiting for their turn. Hell, we will be getting Osi back to throw in the mix making our defense even better. And what are we going to do now that Tyree is ready to play again? Cut Hixon? Don't think so! Cut Manningham? Don't think so. Cut Smith or Moss? Ain't gonna happen. Yet someone has to go.

So, with that thought in mind, it's hard to believe that it's best to hoarde so many draft picks if there's an opportunity to upgrade like a Gonzales for a draft pick. Boss is a good player and will get better in the future. But we don't have to have all our eggs in one basket and Boss could become a better player when splitting playing time with a pro-bowler. By the time Gonzales hangs up his cleats, it will be Boss' turn to shine.

But it is all speculation because we've been really lucky escaping injuries for the past couple of years. We won't really know what the team needs are for next year until we see who leaves the team for the pot of gold at Oakland or who has injuries that are career threatening.

Meanwhilel...IMO....if we can get Gonzales for a couple of picks or a pick and a bench player, we should pull the trigger and get it done. The team is set and there is youthful depth all around waiting for their chance. We have top shelf players at nearly every position except TE and maybe LT where we are more than adequate. We don't need lots and lots of draft picks because we're not a team that is building from the ground up anymore. We should jump at any chance to get a serious upgrade at a single position...especially if that position is lacking depth like we are at TE.

My 2 cents:

Concerning Tiki. You play every game to win. Playing to lose in order to get a better draft position is insane. If that's going to happen, then the coach pulls it off by playing subs and by purposely coming in with a game plan to get defeated. You can't hang that on one player. Tiki did some great things for the Giants, but lost a lot of respect from the fans because he had a problem with Eli. Tiki is paying a huge price for letting his ego get in the way of just playing football as a piece of the puzzle, in the team concept. Regardless, Tiki did the right thing by playing his best. That's what every player should do regardless of where a team ends up in the draft order.

I am positive Midas wasn't saying Tiki was trying to get us a worse draft position, he was saying Tiki played like he did in that last game so he could have one last major hoorah in the NFL, rather than trying to get his team in the playoffs.

I'm not so sure thats untrue, no doubt in my mind that it was at least a factor.