SportsWrath

Giants meeting with Russell Wilson

Herc

Dude should be close to vet minimum.   I’d take him for that.  

I like that we are meeting with him, hopefully it means we are serious about replacing Jones. 

I would take him on a vet minimum and get a wide receiver or trade out with that pick. The GM and head coaching jobs are on the line after this season, so I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, jranieli said:

I would take him on a vet minimum and get a wide receiver or trade out with that pick. The GM and head coaching jobs are on the line after this season, so I doubt it. 

oh I still would absolutely want to draft a qb in the first.    

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Dude should be close to vet minimum.   I’d take him for that.  

I like that we are meeting with him, hopefully it means we are serious about replacing Jones. 

That is the bonus of landing him, will be under $2 million a season since the Broncos are on the hook for his contract.   The question will be which team does he want to go play for.  

Would he want to come in to "compete" with Jones for a starting spot?

Would DeVito stay with the team and see if he can develop into a potential starter in 2 seasons when Wilson is gone or would the team draft a QB to be the eventual guy.

I'd take one or two year vet minimum.

You could cut or trade Jones at that point.

Get a rookie QB then, even a guy who may take some time to developed.

Let Russell be a punching bag.

Giants country, let's ride.

I'll buy that T-shirt. 

Stuck with Jones for another year due to his contract.  Wilson isn't much better than Jones at this point.  Not sure Wilson improves anything.  If looking at Wilson as a bridge QB...Jones can do that much.

Should've never paid Jones...but hindsight is 20/20.  Jones hit the jackpot given the year he came out had shit options at QB.  Led to his being overdrafted.  Then his contract was up and there were shit options to replace him given where we were and he got paid as a result...all while showing just enough to make you think he is about to turn the corner and really take a step up.  Then the line fails him, he gets injured, and defenses adjust...exposing him as the overrated QB he is.

Glad the team is looking at options, but if Wilson is a serious interest....than you might as well burn it down and fire everyone again.

56 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Stuck with Jones for another year due to his contract.  Wilson isn't much better than Jones at this point.  Not sure Wilson improves anything.  If looking at Wilson as a bridge QB...Jones can do that much.

Should've never paid Jones...but hindsight is 20/20.  Jones hit the jackpot given the year he came out had shit options at QB.  Led to his being overdrafted.  Then his contract was up and there were shit options to replace him given where we were and he got paid as a result...all while showing just enough to make you think he is about to turn the corner and really take a step up.  Then the line fails him, he gets injured, and defenses adjust...exposing him as the overrated QB he is.

Glad the team is looking at options, but if Wilson is a serious interest....than you might as well burn it down and fire everyone again.

But next year is a wash year.

Wilson atleast plays 17 games. 

I'd take him as a backup in a heartbeat. Stupid Denver is basically paying his wages this year. That said if he's heading to Pittsburgh he has a better chance there to start.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Having a hard time believing he’ll take vet min to go play in a trash can.  He kinda rebounded a bit last season 

All the places that want him are trash cans, atleast NY is a big market.

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

I'd take him as a backup in a heartbeat. Stupid Denver is basically paying his wages this year. That said if he's heading to Pittsburgh he has a better chance there to start.

If Russ did end up here he would start day 1 and it wouldn't even be a competition.

Actually that's the only reason he'd come here, is because we'd make him the starter.