SportsWrath

OBJ was in the building BTW.

BlueInCanada

There was this show on HBO in the 90's called "The Late Shift" about the Letterman/Leno late night talk show wars. One of the best lines to come out of that show was when there was actual talk of NBC giving "The Tonight Show" to Letterman after Leno already had it. Letterman said, "I want that show" and some exec said "what show? The Johnny Carson Tonight Show? That's long gone. They're offering you the Jay Leno Tonight show. David, It's damaged goods". 

Just sayin'.

BTW, if you've got an 1 1/2 to kill, it's a great movie, and it's free. 

13 hours ago, BronxRik said:

There was this show on HBO in the 90's called "The Late Shift" about the Letterman/Leno late night talk show wars. One of the best lines to come out of that show was when there was actual talk of NBC giving "The Tonight Show" to Letterman after Leno already had it. Letterman said, "I want that show" and some exec said "what show? The Johnny Carson Tonight Show? That's long gone. They're offering you the Jay Leno Tonight show. David, It's damaged goods". 

Just sayin'.

BTW, if you've got an 1 1/2 to kill, it's a great movie, and it's free. 

what the fuck, how does this have to do with OBJ, rik?

12 minutes ago, jranieli said:

I hate him to for this shit with Conan. That's my reasoning. I liked Jay when he was the Doritos spokesperson in the 80's. 

I definitely disliked him before the Conan thing.  But the Conan thing cemented it.   

We should still be watching the Conan tonight show.   

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Have to figure for giants it became about driving up the price for the cowboys. Pretty clear we’re more than obj away from a real run and signing him long term likely becomes a problem for us during a rebuild. 

This is probably the smartest way to go, in my view.

although the redemption arc storyline is tempting.

One thing working in our favor, he’d immediately be the top target in our offense. At Dallas he’s the fourth option. Many more opportunities to shine with the Giants.