SportsWrath

OBJ was in the building BTW.

BlueInCanada

22 minutes ago, jranieli said:

After this, what do you guys think? We know we are dealing with a diva, right? If he has gas left, I say yes. 

I’m conflicted.  Still want him on the team though.  The stuff I’ve reading seem to suggest the flight attendant was being a jerk.   If the guy wants to sleep, leave him the fuck alone.

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

After this, what do you guys think? We know we are dealing with a diva, right? If he has gas left, I say yes. 

If we get him, we'll pay millions and he won't have a QB to throw to him leading to locker room bitching and whining. If Dallass gets him he'll have Jerry Rice-like career numbers. Lose lose for us.

Pass. Go get our own guy in the draft, and a couple of corners to shut him down twice a year. 

13 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

If we get him, we'll pay millions and he won't have a QB to throw to him leading to locker room bitching and whining. If Dallass gets him he'll have Jerry Rice-like career numbers. Lose lose for us.

Pass. Go get our own guy in the draft, and a couple of corners to shut him down twice a year. 

I’m not sure he’s the best WR in Dallas.   Our QB needs a WR badly… Give the man some help… shit fucking Geno Smith is playing well and Dj has what it takes.

Heck if OBJ is on the team and works out, that’s one (two if you count the QB) less piece to worry about and we know this team needs more than a few.

10 hours ago, Nas said:

I’m conflicted.  Still want him on the team though.  The stuff I’ve reading seem to suggest the flight attendant was being a jerk.   If the guy wants to sleep, leave him the fuck alone.

Wasn't he refusing to put on his seat belt?   I mean if the plane is going down what good does the seatbelt do?

The news this morning said him not leaving when he was told to, caused everyone else to leave the plane and be delayed.

3 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Wasn't he refusing to put on his seat belt?   I mean if the plane is going down what good does the seatbelt do?

The news this morning said him not leaving when he was told to, caused everyone else to leave the plane and be delayed.

Correct.  I wouldn't' want to leave an airplane just because some asshole flight attendant felt to go on a power trip.    I can tell you from traveling there are plenty of asshole TSA workers and flight attendants.    And when you're a superstar, they'll try to fuck with you.... FUCK THEM!!! 

3 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Imagine being delayed because a diva celebrity refused to listen to staff.    

Everyone knows once you’re asked to leave the plane, you’re not flying anywhere.  

10 minutes ago, Nas said:

Correct.  I wouldn't' want to leave an airplane just because some asshole flight attendant felt to go on a power trip. 

2 minutes ago, The P said:

Imagine being delayed because a diva celebrity refused to listen to staff.    

Everyone knows once you’re asked to leave the plane, you’re not flying anywhere.  

and public figures like OBJ should know, fame makes you a target. 

It does sound a lot like that's what happened here. Poorly played all around. Shouldn't have been in that spot, and once in it, should have handled it with grace and let the flight attendant be the only asshole. 

18 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

and public figures like OBJ should know, fame makes you a target. 

It does sound a lot like that's what happened here. Poorly played all around. Shouldn't have been in that spot, and once in it, should have handled it with grace and let the flight attendant be the only asshole. 

Totally.   But it does get frustrating, and he has every right to refuse to leave the plane.    I can't tell you how many times we've been subject to mistreatment in airports because of who we are... it gets old and it's better to make a stand and make a scene because I'll be damned to let some loser take his frustration on me... Now that's a lot more magnified for someone as famous as OBJ.   Good for him for standing his ground.  

8 minutes ago, Nas said:

Totally.   But it does get frustrating, and he has every right to refuse to leave the plane.    I can't tell you how many times we've been subject to mistreatment in airports because of who we are... it gets old and it's better to make a stand and make a scene because I'll be damned to let some loser take his frustration on me... Now that's a lot more magnified for someone as famous as OBJ.   Good for him for standing his ground.  

well, not quite.... you have no right to refuse to leave the plane if the flight staff tells you to. Flight staff has expansive authority on board. They may have to answer for their conduct after they deplane, but on the plane, their word is scripture. 

Not good for him. This wasn't a blow for civil rights. He was a dumbass who doesn't know the rules of the road. 

41 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

well, not quite.... you have no right to refuse to leave the plane if the flight staff tells you to. Flight staff has expansive authority on board. They may have to answer for their conduct after they deplane, but on the plane, their word is scripture. 

Not good for him. This wasn't a blow for civil rights. He was a dumbass who doesn't know the rules of the road. 

And there's the problem right there... (bolded above).  If the person deserved to be removed, fine.    There have been no reports of OBJ being obnoxious or rude or disruptive to anyone on that plane... just a case of a flight attendant flexing her/his muscles (probably mad the young dude is too rich for their liking).   

Sure the issue can be addressed later... AFTER the person has missed his flight.   Did you know my then 7 year old nephew had his flight missed because his name appeared on the terrorist watchlist?   I'm guessing every "Mohamed" was listed back then.    The funny thing is he had made it from Nashville to NYC with no problem but somehow on the trip back, the system flagged him.   The problem wasn't in any of that... we had actually accepted that was our reality.   The problem is the airport worker was moving extra slow (literally dragging her feet as she walked to another office as to show us she's going to delay us enough to miss the flight.. which she did).   Did I make a scene?  You bet your ass I did.    And let her know exactly what I thought of her obese ass.    It was glorious when the TSA officer showed up and aggressively asking "What's the problem"...  Almost everyone understood why I was mad and even her own colleagues (judging by the fact I wasn't even arrested after I called her fat ass every name in the book).  I can tell you a few more stories that happened to us (not to me personally as I look white and doesn't have an obvious Muslim name) at airports and every single time it's the racist piece of shit trying to take her misery on us.    

31 minutes ago, Nas said:

And there's the problem right there... (bolded above).  If the person deserved to be removed, fine.    There have been no reports of OBJ being obnoxious or rude or disruptive to anyone on that plane... just a case of a flight attendant flexing her/his muscles (probably mad the young dude is too rich for their liking).   

Sure the issue can be addressed later... AFTER the person has missed his flight.   Did you know my then 7 year old nephew had his flight missed because his name appeared on the terrorist watchlist?   I'm guessing every "Mohamed" was listed back then.    The funny thing is he had made it from Nashville to NYC with no problem but somehow on the trip back, the system flagged him.   The problem wasn't in any of that... we had actually accepted that was our reality.   The problem is the airport worker was moving extra slow (literally dragging her feet as she walked to another office as to show us she's going to delay us enough to miss the flight.. which she did).   Did I make a scene?  You bet your ass I did.    And let her know exactly what I thought of her obese ass.    It was glorious when the TSA officer showed up and aggressively asking "What's the problem"...  Almost everyone understood why I was mad and even her own colleagues (judging by the fact I wasn't even arrested after I called her fat ass every name in the book).  I can tell you a few more stories that happened to us (not to me personally as I look white and doesn't have an obvious Muslim name) at airports and every single time it's the racist piece of shit trying to take her misery on us.    

well TSA is a whole different issue. 

I get what you're saying, but there are good reasons flight staff have pretty much carte blanche to do what they feel they need to do. Fuck around on a plane and find out. 

15 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

well TSA is a whole different issue. 

I get what you're saying, but there are good reasons flight staff have pretty much carte blanche to do what they feel they need to do. Fuck around on a plane and find out. 

The latest incident happened to be with an airline staff (not a flight attendant) but the mentality of fucking with passengers is there.    Unlike OBJ, I handled the situation, kept my composure, and then filed a formal complaint with American Airlines after my attempts to resolve the problem at the airport fell on deaf ears.   I was surprised to get a call back from AA and them opening an investigation into the matter.    

btw, both the incident in the first case and this one above, the individual asshole was a minority.  

19 hours ago, Herc said:

Josina acting like she knows something 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

oh shit, if it keeps Josina Anderson away from the Giants, then keep OBJ away from the Giants too. She's fucking annoying as hell. 

I have no idea who she is.