SportsWrath

Training Camp...news, updates, sightings

gmenroc

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Giants also one of many teams now using those new helmet padding covers. 

My son's highschool team wears them for workouts...   they complained about it last summer on hot days, it makes the helmet like an oven, but cuts down on practice bumps on the head.   So they just get extra water breaks on hot days

8 hours ago, Tempest said:

Been reading great news from training camp for years that doesn't show up on gameday.  I'm skipping camp to see what they put on the field on 9/11 in Tennessee against the Titans.

i know exactly what you mean Tempest .......just hoping for no major injuries during camp ( and might watch the first Q of a preseason game )

Anyway ......much better watching the Mets at the moment !

Didn't post as much as yesterday but on vacation at the moment.

Did listen to the day two practice things I heard:

Defense dominated day 2, multiple picks by Jones and pass break ups, apparently Adrian Robinson (3rd round pick last year) is just breaking up anything thrown his way and is expected to play a much bigger role this year.

Tyrod apparently showing off his arm all camp with the deep ball, he's got one of those cannon type of throws where he makes chucking the ball downfield 60 yards look easy.

One interesting thing, there were times where both Toney and Robinson were lining up at RB and taking hand offs or motioning out of the backfield, looks like the College game is creeping more and more in the NFL. Robinson played that WR/RB role in college.

Barkley looking like his old self but lighter, less "Mr.Universe" type bulk and more lean, good idea since he's blown his knee out twice now in his career.

Daboll blasting Toney's music during practice, funny to think we went from a hard ass coach to a guy who seems to be a players coach like Tomlin, etc.

Giants also had a "restricted" media period where no footage was allowed to be recorded, apparently this is when they rolled out the exotic blitz looks and backfield looks.

No one hurt which is a good thing.

I am liking what I hear so far on the different looks the offense is putting out there.  I am hoping that there is enough discipline there to keep presnap penalties to a minimum.  Glad to see players present and buying in too.  New offense was going to need all players on the same page...especially if there is motion involved.

Defensively, haven't heard much outside of the secondary quietly surprising folks.  Still don't have a ton of depth there, but we shall see. 

KT beat both Neal and Thomas cleanly today. Given we've seen Thomas lock down some quality NFL pass rushers, this is nice to see.

Toney is no longer KT. The initials belong to Kayvon now. Nobody has time for that last name.

And I like the coaching touch to give the players experience calling plays, and running wind sprints between play reps. Good stuff.

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

KT beat both Neal and Thomas cleanly today. Given we've seen Thomas lock down some quality NFL pass rushers, this is nice to see.

Toney is no longer KT. The initials belong to Kayvon now. Nobody has time for that last name.

And I like the coaching touch to give the players experience calling plays, and running wind sprints between play reps. Good stuff.

Thibs is what all the pundit guys are going with. 

On 7/29/2022 at 5:04 AM, UK-Giantsfan said:

i know exactly what you mean Tempest .......just hoping for no major injuries during camp ( and might watch the first Q of a preseason game )

Anyway ......much better watching the Mets at the moment !

The Mets are the team man :cheers:

Backfield with no Jones. 

Toney at QB (played QB in college) 

Robinson and Barkley flanking him on either side in shotgun.

Golladay/Slayton out at WR, Bellinger at TE. 

Handoffs to Barkley/Robinson, QB keepers with Toney, RPO passes by Toney have looked on point. 

We went from kneeling it on second and third downs to a fucking high flying want to score 180 points a game offense. 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:49 PM, Sephiroth said:

Evan Neal getting toasted by legendary pass rusher Oshane Ximines. I know it's one rep but he's gotta get the balance and leaning under control. 

https://twitter.com/GiantInsider/status/1554113279760506880?s=20&t=bn174wZbNjF2DvPE6yLlNg

Yeah, getting those hands and feet to work in unison is the work in progress part of Neal's game. He's got fast feet, but sometimes he grows roots.