Jump to content
SportsWrath

Cuts


Herc
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Herc said:

Hopefully we can find someone slower to throw screens to 

I was more excited about him joining the team than any other signing...  Didn't know he was a shell of himself.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Herc changed the title to Cuts

We can get a starter for less than that in the draft.  As solid as he is, that kind of money for the backup rb is a piss poor allocation of resources 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely a number of mid/late round options at RB.  Only thing I don't care for here is that it limits options for Barkley.  I don't see us trading Barkley and cutting Boiker...but who knows.  A house cleaning and year of suckage seems to be on the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree a replacement Can be found in the draft. But he was the defecto starter and he often out performed Barkley.  And I feel like the last Barkley cheerleader left sometimes. lol
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Herc said:

We can get a starter for less than that in the draft.  As solid as he is, that kind of money for the backup rb is a piss poor allocation of resources 

To be fair Barkely was out so much or underperformed, it felt like Booker was the starter at times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Herc said:

We can get a starter for less than that in the draft.  As solid as he is, that kind of money for the backup rb is a piss poor allocation of resources 

Yeah he was "okay to good" but you can get that in the sixth round. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Agree a replacement Can be found in the draft. But he was the defecto starter and he often out performed Barkley.  And I feel like the last Barkley cheerleader left sometimes. lol
 

 

And I’m not trying to keep him btw. lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Yeah there is an extremely small number of people I would consider not cuttable. McKinney, Thomas, Toney, …drawing a black. Tired and high on codeine. 

For sure man.  Rest up and get better. :TU:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Herc said:

We can get a starter for less than that in the draft.  As solid as he is, that kind of money for the backup rb is a piss poor allocation of resources 

14 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah he was "okay to good" but you can get that in the sixth round. 

I don't know if I like the idea of counting on a third day running back. They'll get you yards, but those are the guys that put the ball on ground once every forty or so touches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I don't know if I like the idea of counting on a third day running back. They'll get you yards, but those are the guys that put the ball on ground once every forty or so touches. 

RBs rarely fumble now a days though, simple because of their lack of workload in the modern game.

If anything for evey time our "third day" RB will fumble our first round pick #6 QB puts it on the ground x5 as much.  

I mean looking at the fumble leaders from last year the only RB on the list in the top 20 is Gibson with 6. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

RBs rarely fumble now a days though, simple because of their lack of workload in the modern game.

If anything for evey time our "third day" RB will fumble our first round pick #6 QB puts it on the ground x5 as much.  

I mean looking at the fumble leaders from last year the only RB on the list in the top 20 is Gibson with 6. 

oh, Gibson is a team killer though. Six fumbles on under 200 touches, right? That's unbelievably bad for a running back used like he is.

He's like the poster child for what I'm referring to.... he gets yards, he looks great when he isn't putting the ball on the ground, but there's no way his athleticism makes up for the turnovers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly for the cost of a 3rd round pick and a 4 year 5 mil contract I’d roll the dice with 6 fumbles for his type of production from my starter.  That’s better value than using 2% of my cap on a solid backup rb imo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...