SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

10 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

have we reached that point that we're so confident in Jones that we want to save him for 'meaningful' games? Because I see a developing player who needs the reps.

if we want to play the hindsight game, why were the Giants starters sat out basically the entire preseason? Jones needed more reps then, and certainly not fewer reps now. 

Is it playing the hindsight game if I thought the same thing when I saw the score and saw he was still in at the end?

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

no, it just means you're way overrating Jones.

Or I'm way underrating him. 

One of those two. 

I don’t think I’m rating him at all.  He’s an injury prone starting qb in the last few minutes of a blowout. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

haha, well hold on now.... wasn't Rex Ryan the coach that got Sanchez obliterated late in a meaningless, lost game?  Or presided over the Geno Smith locker room fights? If anybody would know what 'stupid' is when it comes to managing QBs, it probably isn't Rex. 

The premise of that whole rant is that Jones was concussed the prior week. All evidence indicates that he was never truly concussed. I'm basing that on both teammates comments after the game and the rapidity with which Jones moved through the protocol. 

There was a whole lot of stupid.... hell, the QB sneak was stupid, but not because their medically cleared, fucking huge-strong-fast QB was sent on a sneak.... it was because they went into a goal line formation to let the D bunch up, then ran the sneak right at their defensive strength. If they spread them out in that spot.... the sneak works and probably even gets four yards.  

This is exactly the type of thing I mean when I say, "these coaches and GMs outsmart themselves." 

3 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

He should be a starting QB? I'm not positive. That's why I was good with him staying in the game.

Should or shouldn’t, he is. 

If we want to evaluate him, I’d rather keep him healthy for meaningful snaps where you can actually evaluate him.  Not really getting much in garbage time. 

21 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Should or shouldn’t, he is. 

If we want to evaluate him, I’d rather keep him healthy for meaningful snaps where you can actually evaluate him.  Not really getting much in garbage time. 

I see your point, but I think you're wrong on the value of those 'garbage time' reps. 

53 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I see your point, but I think you're wrong on the value of those 'garbage time' reps. 

I would agree if the Rams didn't pull their starters in the 4th quarter.

At that point the Giants are basically playing a pre season scrimmage. 

And they still had a hard time moving the ball.

I mean I could see just trying to build back some confidence and score a couple times but it must of been somewhat demoralizing (something you seen in all their faces) having a hard time even against the bench warmers.

Just my 2 cents though. 

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

have we reached that point that we're so confident in Jones that we want to save him for 'meaningful' games? Because I see a developing player who needs the reps.

if we want to play the hindsight game, why were the Giants starters sat out basically the entire preseason? Jones needed more reps then, and certainly not fewer reps now. 

Somebody better by this guy a beer.     :cheers:

I think the Ravens are a great example of iron sharpening iron. 

Good roster year after year after year. It's not just that they draft well, it's that they develop players well too.

Didn't Judge talk a big game on teaching? Hmmm.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I would agree if the Rams didn't pull their starters in the 4th quarter.

At that point the Giants are basically playing a pre season scrimmage. 

And they still had a hard time moving the ball.

I mean I could see just trying to build back some confidence and score a couple times but it must of been somewhat demoralizing (something you seen in all their faces) having a hard time even against the bench warmers.

Just my 2 cents though. 

So pull Jones to protect his confidence? If there's any chance it would impact his confidence then show him the door at the first opportunity.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think the Ravens are a great example of iron sharpening iron. 

Good roster year after year after year. It's not just that they draft well, it's that they develop players well too.

Didn't Judge talk a big game on teaching? Hmmm.

So pull Jones to protect his confidence? If there's any chance it would impact his confidence then show him the door at the first opportunity.

No pull Jones because as I said the reps were meaningless, did nothing but show the team they can't even move the ball against backups and to protect him in a blowout loss.

There is absolutely zero positives to keeping him in the game once the Rams pulled their starters because it's just a pre season game at that point. 

If Jones still needs "practice reps" at this point in his career show him the fucking door as you said lol

13 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

No pull Jones because as I said the reps were meaningless, did nothing but show the team they can't even move the ball against backups and to protect him in a blowout loss.

There is absolutely zero positives to keeping him in the game once the Rams pulled their starters because it's just a pre season game at that point. 

If Jones still needs "practice reps" at this point in his career show him the fucking door as you said lol

well.... you show me a team with starters that can't move the ball against another team's back ups, I'll show you a team that needs reps.

unfortunately wherever we come down on whether it made sense to keep Jones in the game, it seems we're all boiling this down to the same conclusion - Jones isn't going to be here for the long term.

54 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

fire this asshole before anyone else gets hurt. 

on the bright side, lets give some props to Will Hernandez for being the team's best, most consistent offensive lineman in 2021! Way to go big Will!

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

well.... you show me a team with starters that can't move the ball against another team's back ups, I'll show you a team that needs reps.

unfortunately wherever we come down on whether it made sense to keep Jones in the game, it seems we're all boiling this down to the same conclusion - Jones isn't going to be here for the long term.

on the bright side, lets give some props to Will Hernandez for being the team's best, most consistent offensive lineman in 2021! Way to go big Will!

He has played the most...  but in no way is he the best lineman.

27 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I think the decision to start Jones in the first place against the Rams is a suspect decision given our line, injuries, concussion, etc

Once he was cleared through the concussion protocol he should be playing.   Especially since it is an independent doctor who has to clear him...    I wish that Dr did not clear him

4 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Once he was cleared through the concussion protocol he should be playing.   Especially since it is an independent doctor who has to clear him...    I wish that Dr did not clear him

I understand the process, but if I was Judge,I would've sat him based on lack of practice time, even though personally, it was to give his brain an extra week to recover.

At most, I'd have had him dress, but in backup role to Glennon only to go in game in case of injury to Glennon.