SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

As I've said before, we all know where this season is going. We will finish with something stupid like 7-10, but that means 4-4 over the next 8 games...just enough for Mara/ownership to say we can bring back Judge, since the season wasn't a total disaster/meltdown (plus they'll use the injury excuse).

Even though that would be five straight 10+ loss seasons, four for Gettleman.

If and that's a big fucking if.

They can land a capable GM who has control of the roster and they don't allow Judge some Billicheeks level of control, then maybe I'd be fine with Judge being back.

Garrett should be gone, and maybe find a DC who doesn't take 8 games to get their shit together lol 

But honestly with the way the cap situation is I pitty any HC or GM who walks into this dumpster fire of a team.

39 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

If and that's a big fucking if.

They can land a capable GM who has control of the roster and they don't allow Judge some Billicheeks level of control, then maybe I'd be fine with Judge being back.

Garrett should be gone, and maybe find a DC who doesn't take 8 games to get their shit together lol 

But honestly with the way the cap situation is I pitty any HC or GM who walks into this dumpster fire of a team.

My feeling is, if the team loses 10 or more, the GM has to go.

If the team loses 10-11, for Joe Judge's fate, I think it depends on more factors, but he's on thin ice. If many of the losses come down to coaching/mistakes as the main factor, then I think he has to go. If the team loses 12 or more (i.e. they go 2-6 from here), he's gone.

In other words, Judge has slightly more rope than DG.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, Pdouble said:

Judge has shown enough for me to decide hes not a good head coach.  

and that’s especially true if you think his coordinators both need to go.   He hired and kept those guys. 

This exactly.

Not only doesn't he run the team well (literally his only job) but he's a terrible evaluator of talent and coaches. 

I've seen enough. If you're going to clean house, clean house.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

So any thoughts on the addition of a basketball hoop to the Giants practice facility? This isn't break room ping pong, the players are supposed to get out there in the cold and shoot around between meetings. Get em used to the cold.

I think it's a dumb gimmick, like many things we've seen so far in the Judge era.

I think it is a step beyond man.  These guys over practice as it is during the season.  They need to rest and recover between games.  Not risk their knees and ankles in pick up games.  Draft early... draft a lot... get rid of the "one more guy and we win" types who are coaching and/or playing.  Settle in for two to three years of hard scrabble mostly losing college level ball until they mesh.  We have to bite the bullet and stop half assing.  I am watching the last two Super Bowls and playoff seasons on a continuous loop as they were good football teams.   Strahan is going into space on the next Blue Horizon so those teams were loaded and good.  It beats being Jets, Browns, Bengals or Chargers fans by a mile.  I can live with two to three more years of mediocrity and losing for a purpose.  ;)

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

So any thoughts on the addition of a basketball hoop to the Giants practice facility? This isn't break room ping pong, the players are supposed to get out there in the cold and shoot around between meetings. Get em used to the cold.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I think it's a dumb gimmick, like many things we've seen so far in the Judge era.

I know I can't relate to NFL players but playing highschool and college ball up here in the north when most of your games are played in cold weather, the coaches had us defensive players high five each other between drills. 

As you were running past one position group you'd high five each other and make it count. 

Whole idea was that your hands got used to the shock of being hit in cold weather and after a couple weeks they were basically numb to it lol 

Could be why none of my fingers want to bend the same way but that's probably from jamming my knuckles into facemasks all the time lol 

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-joe-judge-wanted-former-oc-jason-garrett-out-last-year-more-moves-coming-in-new-york/

Giants' Joe Judge wanted former OC Jason Garrett out last year; more moves coming in New York

Oh fuck it, never mind, let's keep him! Identifying a problem and addressing it twelve months later is the hallmark of a champion!