SportsWrath

First Victory in the Judge Era!

Sephiroth

This team beat the worst team in the league by one point. All we did was fuck up our draft position... it's not like we played well, were dominant, or looked particularly good. 

Even when we win we fucking lose. Fuck this team. 

I'll take it, it was pretty much the only win on the scdhulw anyways against the Redskins.

The Giants were probably never going to get the #1 pick anyways with how bad the Jets look.

Not mention there's rumors flying that Lawrence may return for another year of school as he doesn't want to play for shit organizations like the Jets, Giants or even Falcons at this point.

Wouldn't be the first time a can't miss QB stayed in school to avoid the Jets.

2 hours ago, boohyah said:

Not sure why we fans want our team to lose games?

Because the season looks so fucking fucked that its gonna take a herculean effort to unfuck ourselves. And because - this team showed nothing in this victory - absolutely nothing. The offense scored 1 TD - and we squeaked through so there is absolutely zero satisfaction or happiness even in this win - and well, we need as much draft capital as possible and by winning these shit games, we lose even that. So yeah, even when we win we lose. 

9 hours ago, boohyah said:

I don't want the team to lose, but in a hopeless season I'd like them to look GOOD when they win, not fall into victories ass-first. 

If we had won against Pittsburgh this way I'd be ecstatic. Likewise if we had beaten Washington by 3 TDs. However, I didn't come out of this game thinking we'd turned some kind of corner, we just sucked slightly less than another bottom-5 team. 

Draft position matters, ask Andrew Thomas and Chase Young. 

10 hours ago, boohyah said:

Yeah it is like we are Jets fans or something...   MAYBE I understand that you might want to lose that last game at the end of the season for a better draft pic...  but at week 6 I can't understand rooting against your team.

I would argue that Washington lost more than we won.

The early missed FG Would've done it.  

Going for 2 instead of forcing OT likely would've done it.

I'm excited for a win,  but I too don't foresee playoffs this year and can take a lot of solace knowing that losses help draft position and draft position provides opportunity to bring in better talent, that we sorely need 

19 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

This team beat the worst team in the league by one point. All we did was fuck up our draft position... it's not like we played well, were dominant, or looked particularly good. 

Even when we win we fucking lose. Fuck this team. 

I'm disappointed in this win... I'm tired of picking just one or two spots behind... But again... the FO has proven they can fuck up a draft time and again...  So... Go Giants?? 

23 minutes ago, Nas said:

I'm disappointed in this win... I'm tired of picking just one or two spots behind... But again... the FO has proven they can fuck up a draft time and again...  So... Go Giants?? 

If anything a team wanting to win games should pick outside the top 5.

Most of the time those guys don't work out and the majority of pro bowlers are in picks 8 to 15.

team wins 25% of it's games in 3 years and guys here want them to lose all of them.

So let's lose all of them shall we?

The last 3 number one picks are Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow.

That's a huge improvement folks. That there fixes our offensive line and lack of depth at corner.

30 minutes ago, boohyah said:

team wins 25% of it's games in 3 years and guys here want them to lose all of them.

So let's lose all of them shall we?

The last 3 number one picks are Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow.

That's a huge improvement folks. That there fixes our offensive line and lack of depth at corner.

I thought the DB position is loaded with very young talent even with the loss of Baker.

Honestly - Im glad we got a W under the belt - no matter against how fucked up an opponent. Still a W is a W and sometimes a W really helps in fixing a lot of unspoken nagging issues. Gels the team more. Brings them together etc etc. Ill reserve my judgement on which direction this team is heading after the Eagles game. A division game is always hard fought irrespective of talent or standing on the team.

This division will remain up for grabs all through the season - lets see

I was fairly drunk pretty early on in the game, but I was pleased with a lot of aspects.  The running game looks competent, the defense looks competent.  2nd year qb behind a shit oline, but I dunno, maybe its being too optimistic, but I can see things coming together.  Plus, some creativity on offense and willingness to not play "not to lose" ...I can see this team rattling off a few wins as they grow.  The line still needs a lot of work, and that getting pretty fucking tiring to say every year, but I think there are pieces there now that will be contributors. 

3 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I was fairly drunk pretty early on in the game, but I was pleased with a lot of aspects.  The running game looks competent, the defense looks competent.  2nd year qb behind a shit oline, but I dunno, maybe its being too optimistic, but I can see things coming together.  Plus, some creativity on offense and willingness to not play "not to lose" ...I can see this team rattling off a few wins as they grow.  The line still needs a lot of work, and that getting pretty fucking tiring to say every year, but I think there are pieces there now that will be contributors. 

Kicking a FG from the WFT 1yrd line doesnt exactly tally with that approach - but yeah it was probably the smart thing to do in that scenario and in hindsight - one that saved us from getting another L

There's a big difference in the coaching from last year. Guys are making mistakes but look for the most part like they know what they are doing out there. Last year you had guys not just blowing assignments but blowing them the fuck up. They preached technique in the offseason and you can see improvements out there. This team just needs more talent, but with the shit show this division is this year, we do look like a team that are on the way up. 

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

There's a big difference in the coaching from last year. Guys are making mistakes but look for the most part like they know what they are doing out there. Last year you had guys not just blowing assignments but blowing them the fuck up. They preached technique in the offseason and you can see improvements out there. This team just needs more talent, but with the shit show this division is this year, we do look like a team that are on the way up. 

This is very true. This year at least - they make a mistake and they immediately KNOW they made a mistake and know what to correct the next time. Last time, guys were fucking shit up and not even being aware that they shat the bed and theyd look at each other as if it was the other guy's fault. Here they seem to look more inward. The coaching certainly seems on track and the guys are buying in. A couple more wins will definitely help in gelling. Lets go get Win 2 tommorrow!

15 hours ago, boohyah said:

That is how I feel watching the team as well. It feels like a very well coached team. With no talent.