SportsWrath

Daniel Jones - The Problem

Virginia Giant

5 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I think DJ will be fine, and I'm not an expert, but to me it looks like he has zer feel for pressure / lacks pocket awareness.

I think he is used to the pocket collapsing and believes he can get around it but at this level the odds are against him.

DJ might have had a couple of bone-headed mistakes but overall, he DID show some very good pocket awareness - esp in the second half. Some of those throws were beautiful. If you tell me Giants were competitive and with a chance to win it at the end without the No.1 RB AND the No.1 WR - against a VERY good Bears defense - ill take that.

But the Giants D has been quietly better than what we call thought. Except for not being able to stop those grinding clock eating runs in the 4th Qtr.

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Hate to say it but I think I'm turning on both Jones and Gettleman. 

If the Giants keep losing like they are there's a good chance they are in a position to get that Lawrence kid who people are going nuts about.

Going to be some major discussion if we have a new GM and HC if that happens.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:09 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

DJ might have had a couple of bone-headed mistakes but overall, he DID show some very good pocket awareness - esp in the second half. Some of those throws were beautiful. If you tell me Giants were competitive and with a chance to win it at the end without the No.1 RB AND the No.1 WR - against a VERY good Bears defense - ill take that.

But the Giants D has been quietly better than what we call thought. Except for not being able to stop those grinding clock eating runs in the 4th Qtr.

They gave up 36 points to a 49ers team missing like 5 starters on offense.

14 minutes ago, Storm said:

They gave up 36 points to a 49ers team missing like 5 starters on offense.

And the O scored 9 points against a defense missing 5 starters.

It's almost like all around the team inst good.

But the defense is still better than last year.

Only gave up 16 points after being the field for over 20 minutes.

The were the only reason why this game was close at any point.

Yeah, Booyah is correct. Half the fan base wanted to throw Eli out after the Vikings game in 2007. 

kyler Murray legit cost his team the game today because he threw 3 terrible interceptions and the lions should have caught like 3 more. 

Every QB is gonna have stinkers. It happens 

36 minutes ago, Giants1027 said:

Gettleman sure.

Jones? You are smarter than this, dude 

His big thing he had to improve on this offseason was turnovers. He's currently leading the league in turnovers. He still is working with 1/5 of an NFL-caliber line which is on the GM, but for fuck's sake he's failing at the ONE thing he was told to improve on. 

I haven't turned completely on either yet... COVID is still making things hard to evaluate... but the fact that this team's starters put up nine points and allowed 36 to another team's backups is appalling. 

Also, for the record I'm not smart. 

Although in Jones defense it's not like he has much to work with.

You know what we've seen out of other teams WRs the last three weeks?

Separation and finding space.

You know what you haven't seen any of the Giants WR doing?

Getting separation and creating space.

Jones is constantly throwing into tight coverage because we don't have a WR who can get away from his guy.

Look at those picks to Engram the last two weeks, Engram was blanketed by the DB. Where has Slayton disappeared too? Tate is 102 and can't outrun anyone, Shepard is never on the field. Who helps out Jones?

Eli had guys he knew would bail him out, most famously Plax, Toomer and OBJ had to make crazy catches just to bail out Eli's ducks he would throw from time to time.

The fumbles need to stop and he played a horrible game, but he's basically out there by himself right now.

Daniel Jones professional career has been 16 games. 

Saquon, shepard,engram combined missed more games combined since he became starter.

Plus his centers were career journeymen and a project.

Yeah, I think he deserves better and more time before he gets labeled a bust.

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Although in Jones defense it's not like he has much to work with.

You know what we've seen out of other teams WRs the last three weeks?

Separation and finding space.

You know what you haven't seen any of the Giants WR doing?

Getting separation and creating space.

Jones is constantly throwing into tight coverage because we don't have a WR who can get away from his guy.

Look at those picks to Engram the last two weeks, Engram was blanketed by the DB. Where has Slayton disappeared too? Tate is 102 and can't outrun anyone, Shepard is never on the field. Who helps out Jones?

Eli had guys he knew would bail him out, most famously Plax, Toomer and OBJ had to make crazy catches just to bail out Eli's ducks he would throw from time to time.

The fumbles need to stop and he played a horrible game, but he's basically out there by himself right now.

Slayton can separate and has.  They are not calling the deep throw because they can't get Jones the time to throw it.

17 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Slayton can separate and has.  They are not calling the deep throw because they can't get Jones the time to throw it.

Jones had plenty of time against the Bears and 49ers. 

This Oline is practically the same from last year with an improvement at LT and Center, they had no problem throwing the ball then.

He has no help at WR and now the only really running threat is on IR.

Slayton and Tate aren't making teams worry about this passing game anytime this year sorry to say.

19 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Oh fun fact from twitter.

Jones has turned the ball over in 15 of his first 16 games, and 11 of those he had multiple turnovers.

The highest ratio for any player in NFL history.

This is the kind of stat I hated about Eli... this stat is taking years off my life.