SportsWrath

Opting out

Storm

Maybe Solder retires now ? 
Does this help us with CAP space or not ?

As you say , good for him , but I doubt we see him in blue as our LT ever again.

Perhaps we even start Andrew Thomas at LT in a “ dead season “ now !

9 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I know I could look this up, but I'm just too lazy. Do players who opt out get paid, or is the opt out for genuine concerns of getting covid? 

I believe they retain most bonuses (minus certain roster bonuses) but not base salary.

They get $350,000 if there is a genuine health concern, $150,000 if they simply choose to opt out while still accruing the year credit playing in the NFL.  Some players are choosing to opt out and I think there will be more making that decision in the following weeks. 

11 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lions QB Stafford placed on the Covid list.

First QB.

Theres is zero chance the season is happening.

The thing is too... some of these guys aren't going to recover from this. They'll get "better" but only have 70% of their heart efficiency when it's done. Their careers will be over. 

Also, what happens when you get the O-lineman that has COVID for 3 weeks but loses 30 lbs? Now that guy is already out of shape/weak and trying to block a 270lb defensive end or 330lb DT. 

There will not be a season this year. Maybe we get two games. 

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

The thing is too... some of these guys aren't going to recover from this. They'll get "better" but only have 70% of their heart efficiency when it's done. Their careers will be over. 

Also, what happens when you get the O-lineman that has COVID for 3 weeks but loses 30 lbs? Now that guy is already out of shape/weak and trying to block a 270lb defensive end or 330lb DT. 

There will not be a season this year. Maybe we get two games. 

Honestly, the NFLPA should just have a vote, I'd be willing to bet the majority of players would rather sit the year out and get 150K in the bank then risk something like this.

31 minutes ago, mastershake said:

So Logan Ryan is a free agent? Why not sign him?

Also how the hell is Logan Ryan unsigned?

Same reason Clowney isn't signed $$$$$

Reports are Ryan wants a contract similar to the one he signed three years ago, 10+ million a year.

38 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Same reason Clowney isn't signed $$$$$

Reports are Ryan wants a contract similar to the one he signed three years ago, 10+ million a year.

if we pay him $10+ million per year does he magically become the same player he was three years ago too?