Jump to content
SportsWrath
Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Opting out

Recommended Posts

As of 15 minutes ago, 6 Patriots have opted out of the season. Has any Giant announced they’re opting out? And is this a trend that is just getting started?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Solder retires now ? 
Does this help us with CAP space or not ?

As you say , good for him , but I doubt we see him in blue as our LT ever again.

Perhaps we even start Andrew Thomas at LT in a “ dead season “ now !

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah next offseason is when his dead money is like 10 mil less than his cap hit so we can cut him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason for Solder to play. He should be with his little boy anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think solder will be the first of likely many. And it’s going to be a league wide issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were slated to have a bad o line going into the season. Now it's going to be even worse. Let's hope the season never happens so Daniel Jones doesn't get killed this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I could look this up, but I'm just too lazy. Do players who opt out get paid, or is the opt out for genuine concerns of getting covid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I know I could look this up, but I'm just too lazy. Do players who opt out get paid, or is the opt out for genuine concerns of getting covid? 

I believe they retain most bonuses (minus certain roster bonuses) but not base salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They get $350,000 if there is a genuine health concern, $150,000 if they simply choose to opt out while still accruing the year credit playing in the NFL.  Some players are choosing to opt out and I think there will be more making that decision in the following weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Patriot players in total have opted out.

There's like zero chance this season is happening, at least not in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the NFL’s way of indirectly blaming the no season on the players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lions QB Stafford placed on the Covid list.

First QB.

Theres is zero chance the season is happening.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lions QB Stafford placed on the Covid list.

First QB.

Theres is zero chance the season is happening.

 

 

The thing is too... some of these guys aren't going to recover from this. They'll get "better" but only have 70% of their heart efficiency when it's done. Their careers will be over. 

Also, what happens when you get the O-lineman that has COVID for 3 weeks but loses 30 lbs? Now that guy is already out of shape/weak and trying to block a 270lb defensive end or 330lb DT. 

There will not be a season this year. Maybe we get two games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

The thing is too... some of these guys aren't going to recover from this. They'll get "better" but only have 70% of their heart efficiency when it's done. Their careers will be over. 

Also, what happens when you get the O-lineman that has COVID for 3 weeks but loses 30 lbs? Now that guy is already out of shape/weak and trying to block a 270lb defensive end or 330lb DT. 

There will not be a season this year. Maybe we get two games. 

Honestly, the NFLPA should just have a vote, I'd be willing to bet the majority of players would rather sit the year out and get 150K in the bank then risk something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bellichick didnt like what he saw out of Newton, realised he fucked up and is now having players opt out in an attempt hijack the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mastershake said:

So Logan Ryan is a free agent? Why not sign him?

Also how the hell is Logan Ryan unsigned?

Same reason Clowney isn't signed $$$$$

Reports are Ryan wants a contract similar to the one he signed three years ago, 10+ million a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Same reason Clowney isn't signed $$$$$

Reports are Ryan wants a contract similar to the one he signed three years ago, 10+ million a year.

if we pay him $10+ million per year does he magically become the same player he was three years ago too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...