SportsWrath

Reese is God

boohyah

Reese has been an absolute disaster. He has under performed every other team in the league at the draft which, as I recall, was supposed to be his strength.

From ESPN

The players the Giants drafted since Jerry Reese became GM in 2007 combined to play a league-low 10,767 offensive and defensive snaps in the NFL this season. Other teams' picks over the same span averaged 16,448 snaps per team, or about 53 percent more snaps than the Giants' selections."

just horrible

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/45849/a-stunning-stat-on-how-bad-the-giants-are-at-the-draft

Reese has been an absolute disaster. He has under performed every other team in the league at the draft which, as I recall, was supposed to be his strength.

From ESPN

The players the Giants drafted since Jerry Reese became GM in 2007 combined to play a league-low 10,767 offensive and defensive snaps in the NFL this season. Other teams' picks over the same span averaged 16,448 snaps per team, or about 53 percent more snaps than the Giants' selections."

just horrible

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/45849/a-stunning-stat-on-how-bad-the-giants-are-at-the-draft

Wouldn't you have to look at the average number of snaps a player has? I mean, a team with more picks over that timeframe is certainly going to have more players to contribute to the snap number...right? And you could further look at it by round...if you compare a first rounder on one team to a 4th rounder on another team...of course the likelihood is that the 1st rounder to have more snaps than the 4th rounder...so you'd have to take into account which teams had picks in which rounds.

I'm not arguing that Reese has done a bang up job...but I'm not sure that only looking at snap count is the way to go.

Wouldn't you have to look at the average number of snaps a player has? I mean, a team with more picks over that timeframe is certainly going to have more players to contribute to the snap number...right? And you could further look at it by round...if you compare a first rounder on one team to a 4th rounder on another team...of course the likelihood is that the 1st rounder to have more snaps than the 4th rounder...so you'd have to take into account which teams had picks in which rounds.

I'm not arguing that Reese has done a bang up job...but I'm not sure that only looking at snap count is the way to go.

There's also the fact that some teams are in much worse cap situations due to poor management decisions, which forces them to play less talented draftees rather than find a better FA replacement. There's also the potential for GMs who are far too loyal to their own draft picks and keep guys who shouldn't be on the field.

I don't think Reese has been great but I think the 'draft success', as it's being measured, is somewhat overblown. Again, I'd point to the lack of player development as a major issue. We've historically held onto project players for far too long without seeing them develop into starting players.

Randle is actually very productive for a #2 WR and he's not that dissimilar to Boldin, when wants to be. It's the plays Randle doesn't make that drive you crazy. I think they are drafting Treadwell

We are not drafting Treadwell. It's a throw your remote pick.

The only measure of a good GM is the simple one. Win A Super Bowl this year? Playoffs this year? Better chance next year? Did you say that last year too and keep missing the goal?

Why waste time counting snap counts and individual player value if you say no to three of those four questions.

The only measure of a good GM is the simple one. Win A Super Bowl this year? Playoffs this year? Better chance next year? Did you say that last year too and keep missing the goal?

Why waste time counting snap counts and individual player value if you say no to three of those four questions.

True, but can we give Reese full credit for those 2 SB?

2007- No!!! That was the Team Ernie built.

20011 - Partial Credit- That team won more with smoke and mirrors and great coaching then superior talent.

Couldn't have won the 2007 super bowl without the 2007 draft class and partial credit is simply nuts.

Couldn't have won the 2007 super bowl without the 2007 draft class and partial credit is simply nuts.

Well, I don't want to take anything from Reese. But I truly feel Ernie had more to do with the first SB than Reese.

2007- No!!! That was the Team Ernie built.

20011 - Partial Credit- That team won more with smoke and mirrors and great coaching then superior talent.

Agreed.

In my opinion, he deserves more credit for the current state of the team than the team he inherited in 2007.

Well, I don't want to take anything from Reese. But I truly feel Ernie had more to do with the first SB than Reese.

Does John Mara and Steve Tisch deserve less credit for the team they inherited from the fathers?

Clearly Accorsi had more of an impact than Reese but that doesn't take away from Reese.

Does John Mara and Steve Tisch deserve less credit for the team they inherited from the fathers?

Clearly Accorsi had more of an impact than Reese but that doesn't take away from Reese.

Obviously not... I see you're point. And it's a valid one of course. But the core team was drafted by Ernie. I think we should give him most of the credit.