SportsWrath

Reese is God

boohyah

Is the money spent that much of an upgrade over Prince and Ayers? I don't think so. Maybe.

Adding a DT was the biggest upgrade because Kuhn was thoroughly average at best.

Still no linebacker help, and I expect none.

JPP 2016 will be more close to the 2015 version than the 2014 version.

I will contain my glee until I see some 4th quarter plays that lead directly to wins.

Even if we are overpaying, like Reese gives a shit. If the team is successful and these players play well, he's a success and keeps his job. If they don't, he gets fired and who's left dealing with these contracts? Not Reese.

I don't know that we overpaid for anyone until we see how they perform on Sundays.

Even if we are overpaying, like Reese gives a shit. If the team is successful and these players play well, he's a success and keeps his job. If they don't, he gets fired and who's left dealing with these contracts? Not Reese.

I don't know that we overpaid for anyone until we see how they perform on Sundays.

Agreed.

re: why all the signings this year, and not the few years before...

dudes... salary cap space.

I'm rarely a big fan of going after the highest priced guys on the market, you almost always have negative return on those investments. But look... Eli is about to turn 35. They're loading up for a final two or three year stab at another ring, and then its salary cap hell and roster purge. If it pays off, bring it on....

Reese knows his head on the chopping block next, had to make some big moves this year to keep his job.

Also, THIS year we have the cap room... it's the culmination of all of those short term contracts... And the Giants did shop big before when Coughlin was here... things just didn't pan out... I'm guessing w hen your HC holds on to the likes of Sheridan and Fewel and FINALLY lets go when he's pressured to do so, then maybe your HC was part of the problem.. if not the THE PROBLEM.

We improved our team for sure but we WAY overpaid for Vernon. Teams that do that usually regret it in two years, but we'll see.

Well supposedly, after two years, the impact of cutting Vernon won't be so bad. Just have to pray that he stays healthy for these two years.

This.

Reese really had nothing to lose.

Is the money spent that much of an upgrade over Prince and Ayers? I don't think so. Maybe.

Adding a DT was the biggest upgrade because Kuhn was thoroughly average at best.

Still no linebacker help, and I expect none.

JPP 2016 will be more close to the 2015 version than the 2014 version.

I will contain my glee until I see some 4th quarter plays that lead directly to wins.

It sure looks like our 1st rounder will be a MLB. Besides this FA class isn't exactly rich with LBs from what I see.

It sure looks like our 1st rounder will be a MLB. Besides this FA class isn't exactly rich with LBs from what I see.

I'd be very surprised unless we trade down a few spots.

Remember, JPP and Hankins are both free agents after this year. I'd wager we draft to plan for that.

Remember, JPP and Hankins are both free agents after this year. I'd wager we draft to plan for that.

But keep in mind we have Bromley, and we just signed Snacks too... LB is an immediate need.

But keep in mind we have Bromley, and we just signed Snacks too... LB is an immediate need.

and keep in mind most of the experts don't see any middle linebackers worth the 10th pick in the draft.

Right. I still think it's going to be Lawson and he'll rotate for a year and then takes over for JPP in 2017

JPP won't be wearing that big clunky club next year, plus he still has a lot to prove. I look for him to do really well this year.

I am not to sure JPP is playing for the Giants next fall... meaning yeah he will suit up for the G men but what he does next fall/winter will be showcasing for his next team.