SportsWrath

support for Gilbride

Bigblue25

While Coughlin's decision not to lay the offensive struggles 100% upon the shoulders of one Kevin Gilbride is admirable, he should also be careful to whom he hitches his horse. Undoubtedly, Gilbride needs to go, as does his system. It's been apparent for longer than just this season, and it's embarassing that it's taken this long for the serious questioning to begin. If Coughlin wants to go with him, all he needs to do is bind himself to Gilbride a little more.

Well put.

Bottom line is that if Gilbride returns in 2014, and the offense continues to suck ass, then I'm jumping on the "Fire Coughlin" bandwagon.

I've never been a huge fan of the system.....I'll agree that with the right players, this offense can move down the field. However, with the wrong players, or the wrong decisions, the shit hits the fan.

There's a reason why Eli is an INT machine. Yes, alot of it has to do with some bad throws, some dumb decisions on his part.......but how many receivers has this roster burned through???.....this is a system that greatly depends on roster quality and roster continuity......but given our GM, and free agency, that's not realistic.

This team has seen some very smart receivers (Toomer, Steve Smith) and some very dumb ones (Plax, Shockey).

The NFL has changed since Gilbride was running this with the Oilers.

Well put.

Bottom line is that if Gilbride returns in 2014, and the offense continues to suck ass, then I'm jumping on the "Fire Coughlin" bandwagon.

I've never been a huge fan of the system.....I'll agree that with the right players, this offense can move down the field. However, with the wrong players, or the wrong decisions, the shit hits the fan.

There's a reason why Eli is an INT machine. Yes, alot of it has to do with some bad throws, some dumb decisions on his part.......but how many receivers has this roster burned through???.....this is a system that greatly depends on roster quality and roster continuity......but given our GM, and free agency, that's not realistic.

This team has seen some very smart receivers (Toomer, Steve Smith) and some very dumb ones (Plax, Shockey).

The NFL has changed since Gilbride was running this with the Oilers.

The system has an over-reliance upon everyone checking to a certain option given a certain circumstance at a proper time. It seems, from my perspective, albeit a less seasoned vantage point, that there are too many variables on a given play. If the stars align, the play works, but if one guy isn't exactly spot on during a given play, the whole thing can fail or at least needs a monumental effort from others to cover up. I don't know that that has anything to do with intelligence, so much as it has to do with reading developing plays differently from different positions on the field, from different players, etc. Again, it speaks to the variables going on during a given play.

If Coughlin brings Gilbride back next year and the struggles or the inconsistency continue, then yes, I too believe that the entire regime should change. If I'm ownership, I'm approaching Coughlin and discussing the future of Gilbride. If Coughlin stands by him, then their fates are married. If Coughlin agrees on Gilbride's firing this offseason, then Coughlin saves his own backside for another few years until the new coordinators are well seasoned.

The strange thing too is, Gilbride used to make adjustments at certain times and for certain players. Manningham had two routes... the comeback and the fly route. Gilly knew he was dumb as a post so he adjusted accordingly... why can't he do the same and dumb down the routes for the Jernigans and Randles on the roster?

The strange thing too is, Gilbride used to make adjustments at certain times and for certain players. Manningham had two routes... the comeback and the fly route. Gilly knew he was dumb as a post so he adjusted accordingly... why can't he do the same and dumb down the routes for the Jernigans and Randles on the roster?

He probably knows Nicks is gone at the end of the year and trying to see if anyone can become a threat besides Cruz.

Can't believe the guys that are calling for TC's head. Who was in charge when we were winning those superbowls?? I think we Giants fans are spoil by the recent trophies then cry and bitch when things aren't going our way. Take a look at the other 32 teams and ask yourself how much their fans want a coach who just won two Super Bowls.

Look at the cowboys. Sure they have a better record than us and have a chance for the playoff. But would you trade teams with them? Hell no.

I'm sure a shit load of team would love to trade for a head coach like Tom.

Can't believe the guys that are calling for TC's head. Who was in charge when we were winning those superbowls?? I think we Giants fans are spoil by the recent trophies then cry and bitch when things aren't going our way. Take a look at the other 32 teams and ask yourself how much their fans want a coach who just won two Super Bowls.

Look at the cowboys. Sure they have a better record than us and have a chance for the playoff. But would you trade teams with them? Hell no.

i'd be hard pressed to name 1. this is most likely his last stop.

I was just thinking about something. If you can't perform at an acceptable level at the job you were hired to do for the last three years, do you go to your boss and ask him to change your job?

Jernigan has been disappointing since he was drafted and Randle does not look like he is capable of taking over for Nicks which is mind blowing considering how disappointing Nicks has played this season. Randle looks like a great replacement for Manningham though.

I was just thinking about something. If you can't perform at an acceptable level at the job you were hired to do for the last three years, do you go to your boss and ask him to change your job?

Jernigan has been disappointing since he was drafted and Randle does not look like he is capable of taking over for Nicks which is mind blowing considering how disappointing Nicks has played this season. Randle looks like a great replacement for Manningham though.

That's great that means next year the Giants will have a slot WR who needs a viable #1 to take pressure off of him, and a number #3 WR, who has made mental fuck ups since he was drafted.

Eli should have a great year next season.

That would be a great argument if 'coaching' was a constant, not a variable. This team hasn't been competitive for two years and TC isn't putting a Super Bowl calibre team on the field.

That's great that means next year the Giants will have a slot WR who needs a viable #1 to take pressure off of him, and a number #3 WR, who has made mental fuck ups since he was drafted.

Eli should have a great year next season.

Really? Eli can't hit the side of a barn this year.

Reese needs to stop drafting dumb players

sorry i dont expect superbowls every year but not making the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years with the roster we had for the majority of that time is a fucking joke

Exactly... TC's tenure has been bizarre to say the least... How many times did we begin the season 6-2 only to fall face first thereafter... Aside from the Super Bowl runs, it's been a fucking disaster

2009 we were 5-0 and finished 8-8

2010 we were 6-2 and finished 10-6

2012 we were 6-2 and finished 9-7

and not only that but we lost to bad teams and/or got stomped in those 2nd half games. it's just gross. i won't go as far as to say that we squandered the talent we had because we did win a superbowl but this team was talented enough to win double digit games every year from 2007-2012

Gilbride is employing the full court press against the Lions.

He's sick of you fuckers making fun of him, he'll show you.

Oh and Coughlin is fully behind this.

Only to fuck up our draft position more?

Besides wouldn't that be more of a reason to fire him?

Gilbride is employing the full court press against the Lions.

He's sick of you fuckers making fun of him, he'll show you.

Oh and Coughlin is fully behind this.

Last time Gilbride wanted to really showcase what he could do, he threw 40 passes into 50mph headwinds while his running game was averaging 6 yards per clip. Stunningly, it didn't land him the Raiders job.

The guy is too rigid. Kind of reminds me of Tim Lewis where "if you didn't get the playbook, it was your fault."

And like Tim Lewis, it's time for him to go.

I for one am a Gilbride supporter. I'm sorry, this offensive line is fucking horrible. I've never seen Eli get sacked and hurried as much as he did this year.... And we couldn't run for shit either. I say we improve the line, before we go trying to fire our 2 time offensive coordinator.

Agreed......the dude has two fucking SB rings....gimme a break....

C. Wgaon .