SportsWrath

Who gets the blame?

Sephiroth

Is trading up to grab a potential 1-2nd round QB talent making sense to anyone now? I think Reese might have seen this coming before we did.

As a fan watching this team... I've always been irked by Eli's inconsistency and thought because of that alone (not to mention throwing INTs like they'r on sale) made him not a top 15 QB in this league... but because he's won to SB I know some fans think he's untouchable... so I kept my feelings to myself.

Having said that.. maybe Reese thought there's value in Nassib but Reese failed to address the OL.. he let that unit get old and it shows.

I don't pin this one on Gilbride all that much. Eli threw one of his picks directly to an Eagle. Eli was 5-10 yards off on a number of throws. Eli threw into double coverage, missing the crossing TE who was open. Eli had 3 intentional grounding calls. And despite the shitty offensive line we have, he did have some time to throw against the Eagles...at least through 3 quarters before the Eagles starting teeing off with their pass rush as they took the lead in the 4th.

It'll be a long season...at least that was the consensus from those I spoke to at the game.

i think Eli will make all his naysayers (after a bad start due to a non existant Oline) silent very quickly.....we are only 2 games off. And we were in close until a couple of blown up plays...minus the carolina game ofcourse.

You know.. I remember the same concept (being close in games etc) came up when Parcells was coaching a horrific Jets team early in his tenure there... and he basically said (paraphrasing) that all games in the NFL are within a few points... rarely will you have a blow-out... and what separates good teams from the trash is the record.. not the score.

I don't know what Eli can and can not do... this INTs isn't this year phenomena... it's bee the hallmark of his career... could it be the scheme we're running sucks? Who knows.. but leading the league in INTs isn't good on anyone's resume.

i think Eli will make all his naysayers (after a bad start due to a non existant Oline) silent very quickly.....we are only 2 games off. And we were in close until a couple of blown up plays...minus the carolina game ofcourse.

You have more confidence than I do. As Fish stated though at least my stress level will be lower on Sundays with this Giants team.

Also I blame myself. Had to leave to bring the kid to a birthday party and the Giants are winning. Come back 20 minutes later and game is over. Should have never left and told the kid the Giants are more important than anything in life. Damn kids. <_<

As a fan watching this team... I've always been irked by Eli's inconsistency and thought because of that alone (not to mention throwing INTs like they'r on sale) made him not a top 15 QB in this league... but because he's won to SB I know some fans think he's untouchable... so I kept my feelings to myself.

Having said that.. maybe Reese thought there's value in Nassib but Reese failed to address the OL.. he let that unit get old and it shows.

Reese "addressed" the OLine plenty, including a 1st round pick. A lot of the other projects never developed but you can't say he's neglected to draft for the OLine. The line wasn't too bad yesterday anyhow.

Reese "addressed" the OLine plenty, including a 1st round pick. A lot of the other projects never developed but you can't say he's neglected to draft for the OLine. The line wasn't too bad yesterday anyhow.

Signing Baas was a disaster on many levels.

It's true that Bass hasn't played up to his contract but i can't kill Reese for that...or Bass, either, for that matter. He played the right position at the right time - the only FA Center of note when the Giants had a gaping hole at that spot. He had been a 2nd round pick and two year starter for SF and scouts all gave him high marks. Giants weren't the only team after him. Bass and agent got market value under the circumstances. Sometimes life isn't just about showing up but when you show up.

But while I don't think he's played up to his contract, I don't think he's been the disaster some make it sound like. And Snee's precipitous decline probably figured in more than we realized.

I don't think the Baas signing was the worst, I mean we needed a center. But I don't think he's been value for money and certainly can't stay healthy enough.

Cordle wasn't too bad Sunday. usually new guys have issues with snaps when they start off but he was clean.

We don't have a tight end worth a damn at blocking right now, and this line needs one.

I think it's part that, part that the old line really fell apart quickly. Really, it was pretty much done within 2 years--O'Hara and Seubert done in a single year, then MacKenzie limping along for that last one. Diehl and Snee staggering on, but really not the same, either.

You would have thought at least one of them would have lasted until their mid-30's. But they all seemed to decline at once, and no amount of planning could really compensate for that.

The Carolina game is the new low tide mark. Compared to that, they were doing just fine.

It probably was their best performance all year. Still lots of penalties, lots of pressure, still nothing in the run game(which sometimes is our RB's and not the line) Only one sack, but Eli had three or four intentional grounding calls.