SportsWrath

Who gets the blame?

Sephiroth

"I honestly believe that he's trying so hard to get us a win, he's almost put too much on himself," Coughlin said. "And I'm not making excuses. There were a couple of those plays that were terrible. The intentional grounding penalties hurt so badly, because not only distance but to lose the down. I think we can make some progress with regard to preventing that. I think we do have to sometimes just cover the ball and go down."

You made your pregnant wife make you breakfast,,,, You are a savage.

lol, not quite... she's up every morning at 5 am for the Fajr prayer... she goes back to sleep around 6:30 - 7 AM... I'm always up between 6 and 6:30... worked out fine.

"I honestly believe that he's trying so hard to get us a win, he's almost put too much on himself," Coughlin said. "And I'm not making excuses. There were a couple of those plays that were terrible. The intentional grounding penalties hurt so badly, because not only distance but to lose the down. I think we can make some progress with regard to preventing that. I think we do have to sometimes just cover the ball and go down."

Yea it's pretty obvious he's blaming Eli... but the OLine play is undeniably atrocious.

Yeah fucking Eli is retarded. What is going in his brain

In the "Book of Manning" they said Eli hardly cried a kid... not sure if it's true but I think it means some kind of mild retardation lol.

Yeah, I have to agree with you guys. A lot of what Eli has been doing has been plain stupidity...the poor decisions that end up as interceptions, the 5 intentional groundings or whatever in the last two games alone, stepping up into oncoming pass rush instead of getting rid of the ball when he actually has time, the refusal to stop honing in on one receiver...I can't just blame the offensive line on all of that. They are responsible for the majority of the sacks, yes. They are mostly responsible for the piss-poor run game but right now, we really don't have the threat of a dynamic passing game, either...so it's hard to believe all of the problems aren't feeding off each other.

I guess we know who Tom Coughlin blames

"Twenty-two to 21, and it's a good football game," Coughlin said. "We just started the fourth quarter and there's no reason to believe that we can't continue that kind of play. Then the turnovers started to come. That gave them the short field and the easy scores. It was very demoralizing for the sideline."

hahaha, yeah, forget the fact that Coughlin himself was responsible for 3 points and piss-poor playcalling at the end of the first half directly led to another 3 points for the Eagles.

I guess we know who Tom Coughlin blames

"Twenty-two to 21, and it's a good football game," Coughlin said. "We just started the fourth quarter and there's no reason to believe that we can't continue that kind of play. Then the turnovers started to come. That gave them the short field and the easy scores. It was very demoralizing for the sideline."

lol it's never his fault

hahaha, yeah, forget the fact that Coughlin himself was responsible for 3 points and piss-poor playcalling at the end of the first half directly led to another 3 points for the Eagles.

seriously, what a clown

Fucking shit, we need to get young again and that starts with the coaching.

Honestly, remembeer strahan and shit? We were lucky we had hard-hitting swagger players.

Now we have no swagger players and no swagger coaching.

Time to hire some young coaches, guys who won't have a heart-attack soon.

Eli Manning is definitely trying too hard.....because the front office, instead of looking at 2011 and realizing just how fucking lucky they got, instead took 2011 as a confirmation of their genius.

That was a 9-7 team that would have been 4-12 if Eli were playing like he's playing this season......the line was already shaky, and the defense was undependable. Eli saved that season, the Giants put together another Cinderella run, and the rest of history.

So what does Reese do?....for starters, he had a shit draft in 2011 that is just being felt now. The only guy who has made a contribution is Prince. Brewer is a backup on the worst line in the NFL. That's it.

2013 is 2011 with a much worse defense, and and older, injured offensive line.

Sorry to spam on the topic, but there is no fucking excuse for throw 50 times against the worst defense in the league.....basically, you're saying, "yeah, you guys suck ass, but we are going to put it in the air so many times that you'll definitely come down with the ball a few times.....also, we'll be super predictable again for you."

yeah it's been a looong ass time since we were in this spot. some teams have seasons like this every year

In a way this does us a favor--no more false hope, just sit back and watch the funny men on the TV screen. No more fruitless tension.

I love the Giants, I've been rooting for them since '73-'74, and that won't stop. I'll keep watching, but I'm not going to cry over them, either.

This...been watching them since 68' when my Old Man showed me what a football was... and I am okay with a shitty season. Hopefully this forces them to put up a quality product next year.

I couldn't agree more. A healthy Giants team would push for a playoff spot but no more. A hurt Giants team is having happen to them what every other team in the league has pretty much gone through at least once in the last 5 years, a shitty season. We're not recovering from this. If we get 5-6 wins this season, I'll consider it a success.

The so called top players on this team have gotten old and mediocre overnight. Tuck, Rolle,Snee, Kiwanuka will all be gone next season. Nicks won't be resigned at this rate.

I'm going to be looking at guys like Wilson, Will Hill, amukamara, Pugh, Cruz,JPP, Hankins,Moore, Joseph, Beatty and randle and hope that these are guys who will lead us forward. Perhaps if the offensive line gets younger and healthier who can squeeze some more years with Eli at the helm.

Honestly though, we're kinda of due for this.

All of the above. Those of you ready to open a vein must not have lived through the 70s, when what we've seen the last 5 weeks happened EVERY FUCKING SUNDAY FOR A WHOLE FUCKING DECADE AND THEN SOME!!!

It's a bad year. We'll use the rare high draft position to start rebuilding.

It started with the bullshit taking the penalty and giving them the 3 points. Then the timeout plus challenge which we lost where got shafted by the refs.Then came the Nicks drop on a perfect TD throw....the one the Dallas guy made. Then came the helmet pulling crap INT that never should have been. Then came the throw to Cruz which was snatched away from him on a fantastic play. Then came the one where Nicks just pulled up for some reason and it ended up being an INT. And in the midst of it was the BJ fumble. AND IN A DRAPERY OVER ALL THSI WAS MOTHRFUCKING GILBRIDE WITH HIS SHITTY PLAYCALLING!!! This team can only play 3 qtrs. Their brain only permits 3 Qtrs. Not more than that. Denver, Dallas, Philly....everywhere. We have dynamite....just that we light it under our asses in the second half.

In a way this does us a favor--no more false hope, just sit back and watch the funny men on the TV screen. No more fruitless tension.

I love the Giants, I've been rooting for them since '73-'74, and that won't stop. I'll keep watching, but I'm not going to cry over them, either.

yeah, now we know who they are. And its not much.

can't blame shitty refereeing for the Giants shitty team, but one of those intentional grounding calls (where he was falling down) was BS - there was a receiver directly in line with that throw. And the INT that was caused by someone grabbing his facemask too, total bullshit, no idea how the stripes missed that.

There has been some bad luck. Not just this week either.

The kind of bad luck that keeps an 0-5 team from going 1-4.

can't blame shitty refereeing for the Giants shitty team, but one of those intentional grounding calls (where he was falling down) was BS - there was a receiver directly in line with that throw. And the INT that was caused by someone grabbing his facemask too, total bullshit, no idea how the stripes missed that.

There has been some bad luck. Not just this week either.

The kind of bad luck that keeps an 0-5 team from going 1-4.

Hey, I'm all for better draft position at this point.... maybe we should thank the refs lol

Fucking shit, we need to get young again and that starts with the coaching.

Honestly, remembeer strahan and shit? We were lucky we had hard-hitting swagger players.

Now we have no swagger players and no swagger coaching.

Time to hire some young coaches, guys who won't have a heart-attack soon.

That's bullshit. The 2006 team was the biggest collection of swaggering assholes this team ever assembled, and only got into the playoffs (at 8-8, mind you) on the wings of Barber's indomitable ego. Plenty of "swagger," and no backing things up.

They're still my least favorite Giants team.

If these guys were playing this bad AND talking shit, this season would be even worse. If anything, these "vets" need to be knocked down a couple of pegs, since they've coasted through the last few seasons thinking they could just turn it on at the end and make the playoffs.

That's bullshit. The 2006 team was the biggest collection of swaggering assholes this team ever assembled, and only got into the playoffs (at 8-8, mind you) on the wings of Barber's indomitable ego. Plenty of "swagger," and no backing things up.

If these guys were playing this bad AND talking shit, this season would be even worse. If anything, these "vets" need to be knocked down a couple of pegs, since they've coasted through the last few seasons thinking they could just turn it on at the end and make the playoffs.

Agreed. "Swagg" comes from winning and keeping focused not from trash-talking. What this team also needs is a vocal leader to get them in line...

Oh so we will get a better Draft position huh ? It doesn't matter, Reese will draft the BDEPA . He wont draft to the team need's. I really feel he knows not what he does. the only way we move on to greener pastures is with a coach clean out that very well should include a GM flushing

i couldn't agree more.

and "swag" is overrated as far as i'm concerned. act like you've been there and act like it takes a lot to impress you