SportsWrath

Who gets the blame?

Sephiroth

It wasn't?

It wasn't the biggest culprit, let's put it that way. Eli definitely had some time to throw against the Eagles and was missing guys by 5 yards or more. I think even one of the intentional grounding calls, Eli should've been able to create enough time to throw closer to a receiver. To Eli's defense, I think the one IG call, the WR ran the wrong route...so that one I don't put on Eli, but the other two, I do.

But back to the line, yeah, they were better on Sunday than they had been so far this year. There were a few running lanes too, but Wilson leaving the game screwed that. Jacobs had a few nice 4 or 5 yard runs, but it wasn't nearly the same as we had no outside runs and Jacobs is slow anymore.

You have more confidence than I do. As Fish stated though at least my stress level will be lower on Sundays with this Giants team.

Also I blame myself. Had to leave to bring the kid to a birthday party and the Giants are winning. Come back 20 minutes later and game is over. Should have never left and told the kid the Giants are more important than anything in life. Damn kids. <_<

Eli is far too good and experienced to suddenly go into a relapse....especially when every single aspect of the team is sucking all around him. I wont throw him under the bus yet. It has always been in such situations that he has ALWAYS....ALWAYS delivered. All the 'consistent' QBs fold like a pack of cards in the situations he has been in. I dont need 14-2 seasons. Ill take the close get-ins and the deliveries when they REALLY MATTER. Lets just say we are lucky we can afford to take SUCK to a whole new level and still be within a shot of the division title. And then as we blue bleeders all know.....who knows?

I want to know how the fuck the Giants are playing a Thursday night game on a short week against a team that had a bye week. What the fuck is that about, NFL?

Not that its the difference between a playoff berth and staying home because this team suuuuuucks, but statistically speaking that's nearly a guaranteed loss; after seeing two 10-6 seasons with no playoffs, it sure could have been a season changer.

Oh, LOL, yeah they did... I don't know how I missed them, they played the Saints.

Haha, momentary blindness.

It would be a good idea to move all Thursday night games to after bye weeks though, if the shedule could be worked out.

I remember I almost fell out of the bleachers at my daughter's track meet when I checked my phone and saw the Nassib pick.....that was the pick that sent me over the edge.

Granted, there are no guarantees in the 4th round, but 6 linebackers and 7 offensive linemen flew off the shelf in that round....including Barrett Jones, the starting center for Alabama, Khaseem Greene, a ball-hawking, coverage-capable linebacker that would have been absolutely perfect for Fewell's system, etc......and Reese moves up in the draft to get a 3rd string QB.

That 4th round spoke volumes about how badly Reese overestimated the talent on this team.

Here is the writeup on Jones, just to make you sick....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/barrett-jones?id=2539195

The key to Barrett Jones’ lengthy career at Alabama has been versatility. Alabama head coach Nick Saban has compared the four year starter to NFL great Bruce Matthews, who famously played all five offensive line positions in the NFL. Jones, too, played all five offensive line positions during his four years starting at Alabama. The medical redshirt was made necessary by an injury to his right shoulder three games into his first year on campus. He then started all 14 contests at right guard as a redshirt freshman for Nick Saban's first BCS champion Tide squad in 2009. For his redshirt sophomore season, Jones earned third-team All-American honors from the Associated Press, as well as first-team All-SEC mention from league media for his play as a sophomore. He started 11 games that year, missing the final two regular season contests with a high ankle sprain. He earned third-team All-American honors from the Associated Press, as well as first-team All-SEC mention from league media for his play as a sophomore. He started 11 games that year, missing the final two regular season contests with a high ankle sprain.

Jones made the rare switch from right guard to left tackle in 2011 to replace James Carpenter, a first-round pick of the Seattle Seahawks. He handled the transition so well (while also playing left guard, right tackle and center at times) for the Bowl Championship Series champions that he received the Outland Trophy as the nation’s best “interior lineman” as well as the SEC’s Jacob Blocking Trophy, given to the league’s best lineman. He also possesses the intelligence and high character NFL offensive line coaches desire in their prospects, finishing his degree in accounting in just three years, and won the Wuerffel Trophy for his play on the field and work in the academic and community service worlds.

His final year on campus featured another move, this time to the center position. He capped the year off with another consensus selection to the All-American and All-SEC teams, as well as winning the Rimington Trophy (awarded to the nation’s top center), despite a Lisfranc injury limiting his mobility over the second half of the season.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I honestly can't fucking believe the Giants would pass on OL and LB given how many options the had in the 4th. And that writeup on Jones makes him sound like a can't miss in the 4th....... 4 year starter at Alabama, Outland trophy winner, has played all 5 positions on the line, Saban comparing him to Bruce Matthews...... holy shit, not sure what the fuck Reese was smoking when he passed on Jones and Greene to grab the next Jeff Rutledge.

[video=youtube;Aro2YXBjtAE]

I want to know how the fuck the Giants are playing a Thursday night game on a short week against a team that had a bye week. What the fuck is that about, NFL?

Not that its the difference between a playoff berth and staying home because this team suuuuuucks, but statistically speaking that's nearly a guaranteed loss; after seeing two 10-6 seasons with no playoffs, it sure could have been a season changer.

Simple.. then NFL is doing us a favor.. they know we need better draft position.

Anything to get this season over with. I'd favor a game a night for the next 10 days.

Agree...nepotism was retarding line play big time in my opinion.

I wouldn't overlook the lack of alternatives we had. If there was somebody who could get the job done better, who he was married to would not have saved him.

I think they knew he wasn't up to it but the drop off after him was just so big.

I wouldn't overlook the lack of alternatives we had. If there was somebody who could get the job done better, who he was married to would not have saved him.

I defer to wiser less emotional heads on this one... :P