SportsWrath

You are Jerry Reese.

Sephiroth

Yeah, I'm changing this -

Prince Amukamara - Looking Good So Far

Marvin Austin - Bust

Jerrel Jernigan - Waiting Bust

James Brewer - Good To soon to evaluate, is playing now on a bad line.

Greg Jones - What Happened to This Guy? Miss

Tyler Sash - Fair Miss

Jacquian Williams - Good Serviceable back up/special teamer

Da'Rel Scott - Fair Miss

Undrafted:

Mark Herzlich - Good Still too soon to evaluate, but it's not looking good. Lost starting job to Connor, has not looked good when pressed into duty.

Henry Hynoski - Good

Spencer Paysinger - Good

Jason Pierre-Paul - Great

Linval Joseph - Great

Chad Jones - Unknown Potential

Phillip Dillard - Miss

Mitch Petrus - Miss - did not ever earn real playing time.

Adrian Tracy - Serviceable special teamer before being cut, close to a miss

Matt Dodge - Fuck

Undrafted:

Jake Ballard - Good

Victor Cruz - Stud

Hakeem Nicks - Very Good

Clint Sintim - Bust

William Beatty - Hit - Got a LT of the future, not playing well right now, but not indicative of his career thus far

Ramses Barden - Bust

Travis Beckum - Bust

Andre Brown - Miss - One great game in his career. Still has a chance to turn it around, but very injury prone

Rhett Bomar - Bust - Developmental pick you didn't develop or get anything out of, so a wasted pick.

DeAndre Wright - Miss

Stoney Woodson - Miss

Kenny Phillips - Great

Terrell Thomas - Very Good

Mario Manningham - Very Good - Has to be, helped bring a Lombardi home

Bryan Kehl - Miss

Jonathan Goff - Fair - was showing potential before knee injury cost him a chance to really prove himself.

Andre' Woodson - Bust - See Bomar.... Woodson is currently the WIDE RECEIVERS coach for Morehead State. :confused:

Robert Henderson - Miss

Comments are also reflective of round drafted. By and large the drafts haven't been too bad but there have been some misses in the second and third rounds. If I had to grade Reese on drafts I'd say he's done Good.

You could say the 2011 draft is totally unacceptable. With the Giants' philosophy of building through the draft, to come away with Prince Amukamara as the one good starter among your picks, that is a failure. Still time to turn it around somewhat because of Brewer still has potential. And Paysinger still has a chance as well.

But we often assign too much blame on the GM for picking a player that doesn't pan out, when that player is the one who squanders opportunity. Like in the case of Marvin Austin. Austin had all the ability to be a great player. And yes, he got injured and that isn't his fault. But had he done things the "Coughlin" way, I'd be willing to bet he's still on this team. You can't tell me that Shaun Rogers outplayed him in the preseason. Shaun Rogers made this team likely because of deficiencies in Austin's work ethic that Rogers didn't have. Most of the time, we don't hear about it... like with Josh Freeman in Tampa, only now we are hearing he was being a bum, not a leader, at a leadership position, and he's a high profile guy who just lost his starting job so there is public interest. There had to be something with Austin we don't know.

On the flipside, you have Spencer Paysinger and Victor Cruz, guys that came in, and refused to do anything but work hard and get better. They came in and fought to be on the field, fought to get the coach to notice them, and worked their tails off. With Paysinger, there's been steady improvement every year, and he is probably the best linebacker we have now.

A good football team is upredictable: a GREAT football team is predictable, but you still can't stop them.

Agreed... and since we don't have a GREAT football team, they need to try to mix things up to try to get to the level of "good". Would you agree?

But we often assign too much blame on the GM for picking a player that doesn't pan out, when that player is the one who squanders opportunity. Like in the case of Marvin Austin. Austin had all the ability to be a great player. And yes, he got injured and that isn't his fault. But had he done things the "Coughlin" way, I'd be willing to bet he's still on this team. You can't tell me that Shaun Rogers outplayed him in the preseason. Shaun Rogers made this team likely because of deficiencies in Austin's work ethic that Rogers didn't have. Most of the time, we don't hear about it... like with Josh Freeman in Tampa, only now we are hearing he was being a bum, not a leader, at a leadership position, and he's a high profile guy who just lost his starting job so there is public interest. There had to be something with Austin we don't know.

I'm going to tell you that Shaun Rogers outplayed Marvin Austin in the preseason. Austin had one big hit against third stringers and a handful of sacks against the same. What's more, Rogers has a career of playmaking... Austin had two good preseason games. He was just flat-out terrible last year.

That is complete bs, Seph, no offense. Shaun Rogers didn't do a whole lot in preseason. Every game I watched Marvin Austin, he played very well. When he was playing the games, he was very active and getting tons of penetration. Rogers is just a body at this point. But he's a vet so TC trusted him more. I'm sure TC had his reasons, but to say it was because Rogers outplayed him in preseason? That's a borderline ridiculous statement to make, IMO.

That is complete bs, Seph, no offense. Shaun Rogers didn't do a whole lot in preseason. Every game I watched Marvin Austin, he played very well. When he was playing the games, he was very active and getting tons of penetration. Rogers is just a body at this point. But he's a vet so TC trusted him more. I'm sure TC had his reasons, but to say it was because Rogers outplayed him in preseason? That's a borderline ridiculous statement to make, IMO.

Austin played horrible during the pre-season.

There's really nothing more to say, he played himself off the team and Rogers played himself onto the team.

Austin is now sitting on the bench for the Dolphins and I doubt he will do much more then that the rest of his career.

This is a good point. It's really a failure on all levels. I think the coaches are culpable, as are the players, but Reese's drafts haven't been all that great either. I think Wolf is being a little generous in his assessments.

Well position drafted matters also. If you are drafted in the 6th round and become a starter then that's a good maybe great pick. Also why bust was only used for 1st or second rounders. You can't be bust if drafted in the 4th round.

If I'm Jerry Reese, I've won 2 Superbowls in the last 5 years and I'd be a hot fucking free agent if I ever said I was leaving the Giants.

There's more to personnel than drafting guys, granted it helps but after the first round of the draft, everything else is a crap shoot. He built teams by bringing in guys to supplement the team, and frankly the Cruz signing alone might be the best piece of business ever. There was fuck all interest in the guy.

I didn't exactly study the game film, but I remember Rogers playing well against the first stringers, and Austin being very inconsistent. Against the third-team guys, he'd be in the backfield one play, then pushed five yards off the ball the next. Honestly, I don't understand where the Marvin Austin love comes from; it's not like he didn't have a body of work to look at, and it was poor at best. The guy was a bust.

I didn't exactly study the game film, but I remember Rogers playing well against the first stringers, and Austin being very inconsistent. Against the third-team guys, he'd be in the backfield one play, then pushed five yards off the ball the next. Honestly, I don't understand where the Marvin Austin love comes from; it's not like he didn't have a body of work to look at, and it was poor at best. The guy was a bust.

I'm not sure where the Marvin Austin love comes from either...

We all wanted to believe the bill of goods we were sold. Bigger problem was that Austin also believed his press clippings and thought becoming a superstar would happen automatically.

Beason is impressing me with his demeanor, however. He's quite possibly the only Giant outside of Victor Cruz who WANTS to play...I'm liking some of his quotes and the fact that he pulled Rivera aside and asked for more playing time.

I am Jerry Reese.

I have a coach, who I did not hire ..... who has won 2 Super Bowls with players from 3 different GMs.

I have a 2 time SB MVP QB.....that I did not draft.

I am Jerry Reese....I STFU and fix my own mistakes first.