SportsWrath

You are Jerry Reese.

Sephiroth

So aside from slitting your wrists for the benefit of the team, what would you do? I know what I would do:

1. Get rid of Killdrive, but keep Coughlin. I still feel like Coughlin is a pretty good coach, but this gameplan from Killdrive is just fucking awful. It's pretty obvious we've been winning in spite of him, not because of him... the talent isn't there this year, and the guy can't make an adjustment to give his players a shot. I'd keep Fewell for one more year; I really don't feel like it's the D that's killing this team.

2. Trim the fat. Here's who needs to go: Tuck, Snee, Diehl, Scott, Herzlich, Jernigan, Murphy, Baas. Guys who need to restructure to stay are Beatty (he just looks fucking terrible), Jenkins, Myers, and Rolle. Offer mid-level contracts to JPP and Nicks, but neither has set the world on fire with this team (that's two JR first-rounders that look to be one-year wonders... he knows how to pick the one-year guys). One-year deals can go to Rivers and Boothe. Everyone else that's a free agent can walk.

3. Sign Richie Incognito, and trade down in the draft to get a playmaking LINEBACKER and fucking GUARD, for Christ's sakes... I say the same thing every fucking year. Incognito might be on the downside of his career, but he's feisty (borderline dirty) and wouldn't get pushed around like a girl... unlike the shit players the Giants are trotting out at OL with no heart. Stick him with a good rookie and a guy like Boothe for insurance and it might not fix everything, but we wouldn't have THE WORST line in football. I'd also take a stab at a mid-level LB like a Karlos Dansby, Desmond Bishop, Nick Barnett... you know, guys we should have gone after this year in free agency. Give one of those guys a one-year deal to mentor a younger guy.

4. Eli; you need to take a pay cut. End of story. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I agree with firing Gilbride, and have for years. With the talent he has there's no excuse for the miserable 3rd down conversion rate, red zone inefficiency and the constant 3 'n' outs.

Who would we get to replace Gilbride? What Offensive genius is out there that is out of work? I have one option up my sleeve but he is a College HC right now. Not sure if he is an Offensive genius or not though. But he may do wonders for ELI .

Who would we get to replace Gilbride? What Offensive genius is out there that is out of work? I have one option up my sleeve but he is a College HC right now. Not sure if he is an Offensive genius or not though. But he may do wonders for ELI .

What about just letting Coughlin take over the playcalling a la Jim Fassel? I'd be down to see what the man could do. It can't be worse than Gilbride.

Gilbride needs to go. His lack of ability to adjust his scheme to the players he has available is in excusable. But Coughlin is loyal to his coaches, I don't see it happening during the year.

MY prognostication is at the end of this year is Coughlin retires and Gilbride is let go most likely with Fewell. Fewell will get the opportunity to interview to become the next head coach of the Giants (Rooney Rule) but Ultimately Cowher is hired to be the next coach of the Ny Football Giants

If this season ends the way we're all expecting I can't envision a scenario where Gilbride or Fewell come back, Coughlin or not. Coughlin has earned the right to go out on his own terms and Reese will get the chance to try and fix this but it would be a near impossible sell to bring the coordinators back the way things are going.

If this season ends the way we're all expecting I can't envision a scenario where Gilbride or Fewell come back, Coughlin or not. Coughlin has earned the right to go out on his own terms and Reese will get the chance to try and fix this but it would be a near impossible sell to bring the coordinators back the way things are going.

haha i think coughlin's own terms are dying on the sidelines at 80 years old while yelling at our 2021 first round pick for fumbling

haha i think coughlin's own terms are dying on the sidelines at 80 years old while yelling at our 2021 first round pick for fumbling

I won't lie I'd be happy with that.

I think Coughlin is the best coach the Giant's have had and I wouldnt be surprised when it's all said and done if he's one of those guys who sneaks into the HoF

Who wouldn't be beer than Gilbride at this stage? 1 for 14 on 3rd down today. We've scored ONCE in TWO FULL GAMES. We don't need a "genius" we need fucking "competence".

A New Head coach would want his own "people" , no?

Who wouldn't be beer than Gilbride at this stage? 1 for 14 on 3rd down today. We've scored ONCE in TWO FULL GAMES. We don't need a "genius" we need fucking "competence".

well yeah true, Competence would sure be a nice change.

Gilbride is not the problem. It's offensive line... You can do much when everyone knows you can't run the ball.

Oh it's definitely a personnel issue. Our talent stinks. But not making the playoffs in what will be 4 out of the last 5 seasons i'd think they're going to make some changes even if they're superficial.

if they take his coordinators that basically means he needs to get it together the next year or he's toast too

I don't see the Mara or Tish over stepping Coughlin and firing Gilbride and Fewell they may have words with Coughlin about whats going on and who the team of coaches are going to go forward to fix the problems . They may well say to Coughlin if you have a losing season you will have to make some hard changes. the Giant organization isn't apt to make a mid season knee jerk decision. It is not their MO.

4. Eli; you need to take a pay cut. End of story. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

This isn't the first time someone has posted this. I'm no numbers guru, but hasn't Eli already restructured a couple of times, making this money due from season's past?

Gilbride is not the problem. It's offensive line... You can do much when everyone knows you can't run the ball.

Worse than that the WRs can't get open and Eli guesses on his throws.

Something is very wrong with this team. The Giants were 6th last year in points scored per game, only .3 points behind Green Bay. Nobody would ever say Green Bay's O sucks but the Giants score just as many points. The big issue is definitely the running game. This season is turning into one of those waking nightmares. Nothing the Giants do works.

Worse than that the WRs can't get open and Eli guesses on his throws.

Something is very wrong with this team. The Giants were 6th last year in points scored per game, only .3 points behind Green Bay. Nobody would ever say Green Bay's O sucks but the Giants score just as many points. The big issue is definitely the running game. This season is turning into one of those waking nightmares. Nothing the Giants do works.

Who is the OC GIlbride........ who is the WR coach........ oh look its Little Gilbride.

besides you can't run the ball or throw the ball if you do not have an OL that can run block or Pass block. that is the #1 root of our problems this season. Pat Flaherty better be doing something this up coming week

If I were Reese.

1st Round: Select best offensive lineman in the draft. If I could trade down and retain that ability, I would do it. Please God, no more defensive ends that can't get to the QB.

2nd Round: Select the best offensive lineman or linebacker available.

3rd Round: Select the best offensive lineman or linbacker avaiable.

4th Round: Tight End

5th Round: Defensive End

6th Round: Linebacker

7th Round: Offensive lineman

Free Agency: Sign the best linebacker available. Sign the best offensive lineman available.

As far as Gilbride is concerned, never been a huge fan, but I have issues firing a guy who is trying to work behind the "RRR Line"......"Reeses Rookies and Rejects".