SportsWrath

You are Jerry Reese.

Sephiroth

Snee has a choice of retiring or getting cut. Both coordinators are gone--Gilbride fired, Fewell does not get renewed. Special teams coach as well. Since Coughlin was flat-out told to fire Hufnagel and Lewis, this isn't as big a deal as you might think. But if it is, it's gold watch time. The only coaches I'd consider keeping are Pope, Flaherty, and Guinta.

Defensive coordinator is a 3-4 guy. Yeah, I know, we don't have any linebackers. But the entire point of a 4-3 is defensive end, and we have precious little going on there right now. JPP had a great year in 2011, but do you want to base your D on a guy with a bad back, and Kiwi on the other side with a previously injured neck? The strength right now is at DT, and we just drafted Hankins, who would be big enough for a nose tackle. Moore is young, he's raw, and he's about to be an outside linebacker. Cooper Taylor better spend some time in the weight room. If JPP can't play DE on a 3-4, then trade him. It's time to break some eggs.

Offensive guy is a QB guy. Someone who can show Manning how to throw a short ball as well as a bomb. Manning is a great QB, but he has no touch for short passes.

Diehl is gone. Tuck is gone. Baas I bite the bullet on and cut. Webster, gone. Kiwi goes. If Boothe goes, I'll try to keep awake while waving goodbye. Possibly Rolle, depending on how Stevie Brown comes back, and Will Hill plays. McBride seems ok. Suddenly, there's a healthy chunk of cap space with Snee gone as well.

Then I'd extend Manning. Not a particularly popular move right now, but the guy is going to wind up in the hall, he's a leader in his own way, and he's clutch. Extending him cuts his current cap number, and keeps him here until we're ready to part ways, or he retires.

FA--Get a center. He doesn't have to be an incredible all-pro, he just has to have a history of being injury-free and smart. What this OLine has been completely lacking since 2010 is any kind of consistency in its lineup. With Baas, it's obvious we'll never have consistency.

LBs, and plenty of them. At least one good one on the inside, same on the outside. We'll have the money--and don't go for the fucking Dan Conners of the world.

A Grey Ruegamer type interior lineman. A Locklear type tackle.

A fullback. Hynoski, who I liked, is breaking down fast.

Draft--Guards. Linebackers. If Brewer and Mosely can't show anything, cut one of them, and bring Hermann up from the practice squad. If he doesn't show anything, then draft A LOT of guards.

If you're not drafting linemen, then draft linebackers. Herzlich is a fucking tragedy. Williams is meh, but fragile, so what's the point? There is no one on the current squad that I would want to see on this team in 2 years.

A late-round running back. I'm OK with Wilson and Cox--the other two are not reliable enough. A decent line would cover up their deficiencies to a degree.

And for the love of god, no more drafting guys "who would have gone higher if he wasn't injured." He was injured, and you're drafting damaged goods.

At this point I'm thinking the season is looking really bad and between the cap and lack of choices I have to just play the hand I have. Tom Coughlin is not going to throw one of his coordinators under the bus during the season to save the team. We have to ride this one out no matter how bad it gets. Coughlin will not be pressured into taking over any unit, he may be convinced that a coordinator is not performing up to standards and is open to firing them but only at the end of the season.

Choices at the end of this season as it stands at 0-4 is we cut everyone we can that will save us money that we can replace with better options through free agency and the draft.

Who wouldn't be beer than Gilbride at this stage? 1 for 14 on 3rd down today. We've scored ONCE in TWO FULL GAMES. We don't need a "genius" we need fucking "competence".

Dear sir... you may have jinxed this team by disgracing Ramses Barden in the past, but don't you ever... EVER... compare Gilbride to beer again. Not even a shitty beer like Natty Ice.

At this point I'm thinking the season is looking really bad and between the cap and lack of choices I have to just play the hand I have. Tom Coughlin is not going to throw one of his coordinators under the bus during the season to save the team. We have to ride this one out no matter how bad it gets. Coughlin will not be pressured into taking over any unit, he may be convinced that a coordinator is not performing up to standards and is open to firing them but only at the end of the season.

Choices at the end of this season as it stands at 0-4 is we cut everyone we can that will save us money that we can replace with better options through free agency and the draft.

As much as I dislike both Coordinators, they're not our biggest problem... the OL is a turnstile... we have no LBs or DEs... No one seems to talk about it but JPP is horrifically out of shape... he's way too fucking young to be that slow that and that winded. Tuck... I hate to say it but I never believed he was slowed by that injury against Dallas... I was hoping it's true but deep down I felt it was an excuse... We have no pass rushers right now...

Personally, I'd clear the cap... anyone who's overpaid gets cut or if they're worth keeping, offer them what they are worth. Baas has to go... Nicks isn't showing fire so he better not expect 13M per season.

Beatty doesn't become less terrible if he takes less money. His technique is gone out the window some and frankly, everyone playing that position needs help from time to time and he gets none.

He got paid....

Then he mailed it in.

Fuck him, I'm done with Beatty. He's officially my least favorite Giant.*

*I am assuming he's not playing with some sort of undisclosed injury. But it looks like he just doesn't care out there.

He got paid....

Then he mailed it in.

*I am assuming he's not playing with some sort of undisclosed injury. But it looks like he just doesn't care out there.

I concur. O'Hara on NFC Playbook had a segment on Beatty mailing it in.

He got paid....

Then he mailed it in.

I'm inclined to agree, but we still need to see a few more games, preferably with guys around him that get better.

However, this is a guy that played well with veterans......he's now supposed to be the lead dog on this line, or the first amount equals, if you like. He's getting paid very handsomely, and he needs to step up, because there are 3 guys with virtually no experience that are need some veteran leadership.

Either because the thinking is, "it's not working, try something else"....or "time to hold open auditions for the 2014 (and beyond) Giants", I think it's inevitable that we'll see more of the youngsters - Moore, Hankins and even Trattou on D and Randle, Donnell and (finally!) A Robinson on the O.

Robinson has been out there a little. There was one play, Sweep RIght with all three TE's (Myers, Pascoe and Robinson) in blocking on the right side, and all three of their guys converged to tackle Wilson 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. It was one of the most pathetic plays I've ever seen.

Robinson has been out there a little. There was one play, Sweep RIght with all three TE's (Myers, Pascoe and Robinson) in blocking on the right side, and all three of their guys converged to tackle Wilson 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. It was one of the most pathetic plays I've ever seen.

It wasn't Robinson, it was Donnell

Eli "re-did" his contract in 2012:

Report: Eli Manning re-does contract, saves Giants $6.75 million
  • NFL.com
  • Published: March 8, 2012 at 02:12 p.m.
  • Updated: July 26, 2012 at 08:16 p.m.
  • 53 Likes | 0 Comments

Eli Manning has done his part to help the New York Giants get under the salary cap before the start of the new league year.

Darlington: Miami's advantage
jeff-darlington-65x90.jpgJeff Darlington says Dan Marino's close personal relationship with Peyton Manning could lure the QB to Miami. More ...

Manning agreed to restructure his current contract to save the Giants approximately $6.75 million on this year's cap, according to The Star-Ledger. Manning was due $10.75 million in base salary in 2012, according to the report. The Giants agreed to guarantee $9 million of that amount, reducing his base salary to $1.75 million and pro-rating the guaranteed portion over the remaining four years of his contract.

Manning signed a six-year, $97 million contract extension in 2009.

According to the New York Daily News, Manning is scheduled to make base salaries of $13 million in 2013, $15.15 million in 2014 and $17 million in 2015. His cap numbers for those years are now $20.85 million (in 2013), $20.4 million (in 2014) and $19.75 million (in 2015), per the report.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported the official salary cap figures for the 2012 season will be released by Friday, and will be very similar to the 2011 salary cap of around $120 million.

While it seems he's getting paid a lot of money while stinking it up, isn't he really getting at least a portion of his stink money from last year?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82777c4d/article/report-eli-manning-redoes-contract-saves-giants-675-million

Eli "re-did" his contract in 2012:

While it seems he's getting paid a lot of money while stinking it up, isn't he really getting at least a portion of his stink money from last year?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82777c4d/article/report-eli-manning-redoes-contract-saves-giants-675-million

Fuck... he's actually counting MORE towards the cap these next two years?

He will be extended next year. And why is talking about extending Eli Manning "not a particularly popular move right now"? Who the fuck you gonna get in place of him that will be BETTER? I look at this season I look at Peyton's only losing record (in 2001). A lost cause.

JPP is the one mailing it in. The guy's already giving up on plays in the first quarter. If he's hurt get him off and put Moore in, it can't be worse.

He's playing like a guy coming off back surgery.

Snee has a choice of retiring or getting cut. Both coordinators are gone--Gilbride fired, Fewell does not get renewed. Special teams coach as well. Since Coughlin was flat-out told to fire Hufnagel and Lewis, this isn't as big a deal as you might think. But if it is, it's gold watch time. The only coaches I'd consider keeping are Pope, Flaherty, and Guinta.

Defensive coordinator is a 3-4 guy. Yeah, I know, we don't have any linebackers. But the entire point of a 4-3 is defensive end, and we have precious little going on there right now. JPP had a great year in 2011, but do you want to base your D on a guy with a bad back, and Kiwi on the other side with a previously injured neck? The strength right now is at DT, and we just drafted Hankins, who would be big enough for a nose tackle. Moore is young, he's raw, and he's about to be an outside linebacker. Cooper Taylor better spend some time in the weight room. If JPP can't play DE on a 3-4, then trade him. It's time to break some eggs.

Offensive guy is a QB guy. Someone who can show Manning how to throw a short ball as well as a bomb. Manning is a great QB, but he has no touch for short passes.

Diehl is gone. Tuck is gone. Baas I bite the bullet on and cut. Webster, gone. Kiwi goes. If Boothe goes, I'll try to keep awake while waving goodbye. Possibly Rolle, depending on how Stevie Brown comes back, and Will Hill plays. McBride seems ok. Suddenly, there's a healthy chunk of cap space with Snee gone as well.

Then I'd extend Manning. Not a particularly popular move right now, but the guy is going to wind up in the hall, he's a leader in his own way, and he's clutch. Extending him cuts his current cap number, and keeps him here until we're ready to part ways, or he retires.

FA--Get a center. He doesn't have to be an incredible all-pro, he just has to have a history of being injury-free and smart. What this OLine has been completely lacking since 2010 is any kind of consistency in its lineup. With Baas, it's obvious we'll never have consistency.

LBs, and plenty of them. At least one good one on the inside, same on the outside. We'll have the money--and don't go for the fucking Dan Conners of the world.

A Grey Ruegamer type interior lineman. A Locklear type tackle.

A fullback. Hynoski, who I liked, is breaking down fast.

Draft--Guards. Linebackers. If Brewer and Mosely can't show anything, cut one of them, and bring Hermann up from the practice squad. If he doesn't show anything, then draft A LOT of guards.

If you're not drafting linemen, then draft linebackers. Herzlich is a fucking tragedy. Williams is meh, but fragile, so what's the point? There is no one on the current squad that I would want to see on this team in 2 years.

A late-round running back. I'm OK with Wilson and Cox--the other two are not reliable enough. A decent line would cover up their deficiencies to a degree.

And for the love of god, no more drafting guys "who would have gone higher if he wasn't injured." He was injured, and you're drafting damaged goods.

Entering the back end of Eli's career, it's time to change this into a running team. A veteran QB can be devastating with a good running game.....see John Elway at the end of his career.

I agree with ditching Baas......too often injured, and when he's in, I'd grade him as a "B-" guy. Not worth the constant shuffling for that much money.

I'm all for switching to a 3-4, especially since they are 5 deep at DT right now, with guys who could be viable 3-4 end (Cullen Jenkins, Patterson). KC showed that good linebackers are still valuable, and versatile.

I'd slide DaMontre Moore over to OLB, maybe either deal JPP for picks, or else consider him as a situational DE/OLB as well.

Entering the back end of Eli's career, it's time to change this into a running team. A veteran QB can be devastating with a good running game.....see John Elway at the end of his career.

I agree with ditching Baas......too often injured, and when he's in, I'd grade him as a "B-" guy. Not worth the constant shuffling for that much money.

I'm all for switching to a 3-4, especially since they are 5 deep at DT right now, with guys who could be viable 3-4 end (Cullen Jenkins, Patterson). KC showed that good linebackers are still valuable, and versatile.

I'd slide DaMontre Moore over to OLB, maybe either deal JPP for picks, or else consider him as a situational DE/OLB as well.

I don't know about changing to a running team--Brady is much older than Manning, and gets along just fine without one. Same with big bro'. I'd rather have a very strong, consistent line. Get Manning to put some touch on his short passes (it's really shocking how poor he is at short range--I don't know if it's a simple lack of ability there, or that the offense hasn't allowed him to develop that aspect), and get a Tony Galbreath type running back for 3rd down. IMO the Jacobs experience proved that you don't need a power back, you need interior linemen that can drive block. Wilson isn't bad, albeit flawed, and I liked what little I saw of Cox in preseason. He's raw, but has drive. Scott has only shown me that I was wrong the past couple of years when I wondered why he wasn't on the field.

Besides, was that switch with Elway because he couldn't do it anymore, or because he had a great running back and no receivers to speak of?

As for the 3-4--NOW do you see that I wasn't really disagreeing with you this offseason about needing lbs? :LMAO:Of course, the current LB coach will need to be tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail. Preferably, literally.

He will be extended next year. And why is talking about extending Eli Manning "not a particularly popular move right now"? Who the fuck you gonna get in place of him that will be BETTER? I look at this season I look at Peyton's only losing record (in 2001). A lost cause.

For me, it's not that I think we're going to find someone better... it's that all that money tied up into one guy makes it tough to sign impact players at other positions.

We had the same problem with Strahan a bunch of years back... his cap number was so big that we couldn't sign anybody.