SportsWrath

You are Jerry Reese.

Sephiroth

Get Manning to put some touch on his short passes (it's really shocking how poor he is at short range--I don't know if it's a simple lack of ability there, or that the offense hasn't allowed him to develop that aspect), and get a Tony Galbreath type running back for 3rd down.

Manning is terrible at short throws, and always has been. I remember about seven years ago, I wanted him run out on a rail because I was tired of watching a fourth-year QB miss running backs in the flat by ten yards or throw ankle passes. The DeMarcus Ware INT is the most recent proof.

He will be extended next year. And why is talking about extending Eli Manning "not a particularly popular move right now"? Who the fuck you gonna get in place of him that will be BETTER? I look at this season I look at Peyton's only losing record (in 2001). A lost cause.

Because typically when a guy is leading the league in INTS, you don't talk about lengthening his contract.

Besides, he's under contract for the next few years, so it's not like I suggested anything about cutting him.

1. I offer Tuck and Nicks deals...decent ones, with some strong incentives. If they refuse, they walk. For Nicks especially, I'm paying him as a #2 WR...nothing more. Tuck, I'm not touching for anything more than a 2 year deal that's easy to get out of. Again, if they sign, great...if not, hell with 'em.

2. I ask Rolle to restructure/extend. Get a cap friendly end to his Giant career. He's been far better than many give him credit for. Perhaps if he was only playing one position, it'd be better. But his covering several positions at an above average rate makes him worth being here.

3. Snee goes. Baas goes. Booth stays another year.

4. Ask Eli to restructure. Yeah, we'll have to take the hit eventually for what we signed him for, but he's not remotely close to earning what he's been paid. Not even close. SB MVPs are nice...but you suck royal ass right now. And right now is when we're getting hosed cap-wise. So suck it up, take the cut because you currently suck more than pretty much 20 other starting QBs league-wide, and move on.

5. Draft all offensive linemen, linebackers, and perhaps a CB and RB. If our first pick is anything other than offensive line, than I'll be the first here to claim that JR needs to go.

6. Fire Kilbride. He's not out there blocking, no, but he's not exactly doing anything to help the guys that are. 3 step drops, quick patterns, hurry up offense, etc...anything other than long developing plays and draw plays please.

7. Put Fewell on notice. The defense's ability to stay in games early so far this season saves him for one more year, but he's on a very, very tight rope. I'd be prepared to pull the plug on Fewell after 2 or 3 games into next season.

That'd probably be enough to shock the world and team for one offseason given the Giants don't typically make big, splashy move.s

1. I offer Tuck and Nicks deals...decent ones, with some strong incentives. If they refuse, they walk. For Nicks especially, I'm paying him as a #2 WR...nothing more. Tuck, I'm not touching for anything more than a 2 year deal that's easy to get out of. Again, if they sign, great...if not, hell with 'em.

2. I ask Rolle to restructure/extend. Get a cap friendly end to his Giant career. He's been far better than many give him credit for. Perhaps if he was only playing one position, it'd be better. But his covering several positions at an above average rate makes him worth being here.

4. Ask Eli to restructure. Yeah, we'll have to take the hit eventually for what we signed him for, but he's not remotely close to earning what he's been paid. Not even close. SB MVPs are nice...but you suck royal ass right now. And right now is when we're getting hosed cap-wise. So suck it up, take the cut because you currently suck more than pretty much 20 other starting QBs league-wide, and move on.

5. Draft all offensive linemen, linebackers, and perhaps a CB and RB. If our first pick is anything other than offensive line, than I'll be the first here to claim that JR needs to go.

6. Fire Kilbride. He's not out there blocking, no, but he's not exactly doing anything to help the guys that are. 3 step drops, quick patterns, hurry up offense, etc...anything other than long developing plays and draw plays please.

7. Put Fewell on notice. The defense's ability to stay in games early so far this season saves him for one more year, but he's on a very, very tight rope. I'd be prepared to pull the plug on Fewell after 2 or 3 games into next season.

That'd probably be enough to shock the world and team for one offseason given the Giants don't typically make big, splashy move.s

Do those things (bolded), and I don't think we are complaining about Eli's performance. Granted, I think we'd be seeing a lot of long drives that culminate in field goals, but his numbers would be right there where they should be.

Gilbride's play design is exceptional, but somebody needs to remind him to sustain a freakin drive once in a while. He has them running 7 steps and 3 vertical routes, seems like at least once every set of downs, its almost a damn joke.

Fewel has to go... no sense of keeping him as he's less than mediocre... dude can't dial a blitz if his life depended on it... no fucking imagination... no fire in the belly...

Fewel has to go... no sense of keeping him as he's less than mediocre... dude can't dial a blitz if his life depended on it... no fucking imagination... no fire in the belly...

He was blitzing a lot against KC as the DEs were getting nowhere. Jamaal Charles had a couple nice blitz pick-ups.

keep Fewell .........the D is fixable with a couple of decent linebacks and a return to health.

fire Gilbride ......and then rebuild the O line ......Eli will be fine if he is standing upright ....and Wilson will end up a star one day !

He dials them up, our guys are just to slow to get there

He dials them up, our guys are just to slow to get there

Exactly....still not sure why the fuck we just don't plug DaMontre Moore in at OLB for a play or two and blitz him....God forbid we try something the other team hasn't seen before.

Exactly....still not sure why the fuck we just don't plug DaMontre Moore in at OLB for a play or two and blitz him....God forbid we try something the other team hasn't seen before.

I concur that Moore needs more snaps. It can't get any worse with the lack of pressure.

He was blitzing a lot against KC as the DEs were getting nowhere. Jamaal Charles had a couple nice blitz pick-ups.

That's one reason they need to get Moore in there.....need someone that can crash past a RB block

If I'm jerry Reese I say " most of this is on me" and I keep my 2 Super Bowl staff unless they want to go.

Agreed.

For all I bash Reese, he's a good GM......he deserves a chance to fix this mess, and by that logic, so do the coaches who have to make something out of these players.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, the heat should be on Fewell and Gilbride to make adjustments - now, and during games.

I am a Florida State fan. I bring this up because when I read about how Tom Coughlin has earned his right to leave on his terms, it reminds me of how I felt about Bobby Bowden.

There is nobody that could earn their right to leave on their own terms than Bobby. He BUILT the FSU program into a national powerhouse, and won two national titles. Took FSU to the title game several other times. If not for a couple of wayward fg kicks, would've been in a couple more. I saw the FSU program slip... the 'Noles were a perennial top 5 program, and all of a sudden, they are no longer making BCS appearances, playing in bowl games like the Champs Sports Bowl or the Gator Bowl after a 6 loss season. But... it's Bobby. A coaching legend. You just don't fire him.

About a year and a half ago I met FSU OL coach Rick Trickett (in a Moe's Southwest Grill, lol). I sat down with him and talked with him for a few minutes about FSU football, and remarked about how I was excited about the direction of the program. Coach Trickett remarked to me, "Well, they let it fall so far." Which I thought was a bold statement, given that he was hired by Bowden. Now, Coach Fisher has the program right back in the national conversation. But what was clear for several years was that Coach Bowden was just merely hanging on, and he really wasn't able to do the job required to keep FSU at the top. It took an unfortunate turn of events that turned into an ugly break up. But it was what was necessary for the program to be successful again.

In the end, it's about one question, "CAN YOU KEEP WINNING?" The history is great, and nobody will be able to take that from Tom. But he has not earned the right to leave on his own terms. You either continue to win, or somebody else needs to be brought in. That's shrewd, that's tough, and I'm sure that Tom Coughlin would be the first to agree with it, because he's a shrewd and tough coach.

Do I think we are in that spot? I think he's still a great coach. But I think this team is stuck in some old school football thinking and needs to be more dynamic with both their offensive and defensive philosophies. I'm not sure that Coughlin is a "dynamic" kind of guy in terms of X's and O's. I think with the right players, old school can still win. Right now, I think they aren't even close to having the right players. So when you are short on talent, you need to be unpredictable. And the problem with this team is that they are short on talent, and very predictable. If Coughlin, Gilbride, and Fewell don't get results, and this team goes into 2014 and loses again, it's time to go. In fact, a 3-13 season THIS year, it might be time to clean house.

And I say that with the highest respect and regard for Tom Coughlin that one could have. He is a great coach and a great man, and has truly left his mark on the Giants and the NFL for a lifetime.

Agreed.

For all I bash Reese, he's a good GM......he deserves a chance to fix this mess, and by that logic, so do the coaches who have to make something out of these players.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, the heat should be on Fewell and Gilbride to make adjustments - now, and during games.

In hindsight... the Giants should have been far more aggressive reinforcing the OL... I think cutting Baas would go a long way in freeing a ton of space under the cap... and Snee is def a liability now (as much as I respect his career achievements)... We literally need three starters at OL... minimum.

If I'm jerry Reese I say " most of this is on me" and I keep my 2 Super Bowl staff unless they want to go.

I concur. For how much we all hate Gilbride his O has been good for most seasons. Speaking of Reese let's go over his drafts.

Prince Amukamara - Looking Good So Far

Marvin Austin - Bust

Jerrel Jernigan - Waiting Bust

James Brewer - Good

Greg Jones - What Happened to This Guy?

Tyler Sash - Fair

Jacquian Williams - Good

Da'Rel Scott - Fair

Undrafted:

Mark Herzlich - Good

Henry Hynoski - Good

Spencer Paysinger - Good

Jason Pierre-Paul - Good

Linval Joseph - Good

Chad Jones - Unknown Potential

Phillip Dillard - Poor

Mitch Petrus - Fair

Adrian Tracy - Good

Matt Dodge - Fuck

Undrafted:

Jake Ballard - Good

Victor Cruz - Stud

Hakeem Nicks - Very Good

Clint Sintim - Poor

William Beatty - Good

Ramses Barden - Poor

Travis Beckum - Poor

Andre Brown - Good

Rhett Bomar - Fair

DeAndre Wright - Poor

Stoney Woodson - Poor

Kenny Phillips - Good

Terrell Thomas - Good

Mario Manningham - Good

Bryan Kehl - Fair

Jonathan Goff - Good

Andre' Woodson - Fair

Robert Henderson - Poor

Comments are also reflective of round drafted. By and large the drafts haven't been too bad but there have been some misses in the second and third rounds. If I had to grade Reese on drafts I'd say he's done Good.

I think trying to pin this on Reese's drafts is ridiculous. It's not a failure at one or two positions that's causing this. These are essentially the same guys that played some competitive football last year, yet this year they're not ready to play at all. That's ALL on the coaches.

I think trying to pin this on Reese's drafts is ridiculous. It's not a failure at one or two positions that's causing this. These are essentially the same guys that played some competitive football last year, yet this year they're not ready to play at all. That's ALL on the coaches.

This is a good point. It's really a failure on all levels. I think the coaches are culpable, as are the players, but Reese's drafts haven't been all that great either. I think Wolf is being a little generous in his assessments.