SportsWrath

We need to analyze whats been working for us...

NeMesiS

2nd loss in a row squarely on the offense. Chris Snee sucks. He should be a cap causality.

Snee is bad. Baas is bad. Kevin Boothe is a C+ kind of guy.

That's the problem. We knew going into this season that we had a deficiency at two positions; OL, and LB. So what did Reese go an do? Sign two guys to the DL, draft two more, and get some free-agent WR pickups.

We didn't go after a Guard or Center. We didn't try to pick up any of the decent linebackers out there... and there were guys that were available. We didn't draft anybody sans Pugh. Not for nothing, but Louis Murphy, Dan Connor, Ryan Nassib, Damontre Moore, and Jonathan Hankins aren't exactly setting the world on fire right now.

In short, Reese fucked up. There's plenty of blame to go around... Eli looks like shit, Killdrive's offense sucks in the red zone as usual... nobody is "on the same page," but at the end of the day, we don't have the horses for the race.

If we don't turn this around quick, it's gonna be a long-assed season.

Missed opportunities are driving me crazy. Our d can't seal off the edge for shit and the interior of our oline is pathetic. Eli is forcing way too many passes and our running game is nonexistent at best. This team has got to get on the same page and start playing like a professional team.

I'm way more concerned with our ineffectual DEs than our OL. Baas and Snee missed a couple guys today, as did Pugh, but it wasn't a slaughter. Our DBs did a pretty damn good job, way better than I expected, especially Webster on D. Thomas. But if there's no pressure, Peyton's gonna find a receiver.

1 for 11 on 3rd down. That's why we lost. Two games lost because of a shit run game and Eli's poor throws.

Not a God damn thing!!!

I like it how we made Payton Look like RGIII... I can't believe we couldn't bring down the 'Human Statue.'

That was so pathetic....guys lying at his feet looking up at him as he throws 20 yard strikes, accurately, to actual receivers instead of just throwing to spots where he thinks guys are going to be like little brother.

That's the problem. We knew going into this season that we had a deficiency at two positions; OL, and LB. So what did Reese go an do? Sign two guys to the DL, draft two more, and get some free-agent WR pickups.

We didn't go after a Guard or Center. We didn't try to pick up any of the decent linebackers out there... and there were guys that were available. We didn't draft anybody sans Pugh. Not for nothing, but Louis Murphy, Dan Connor, Ryan Nassib, Damontre Moore, and Jonathan Hankins aren't exactly setting the world on fire right now.

In short, Reese fucked up. There's plenty of blame to go around... Eli looks like shit, Killdrive's offense sucks in the red zone as usual... nobody is "on the same page," but at the end of the day, we don't have the horses for the race.

Did Louis Murphy fall off the Earth?

I honestly don't know what to make of Full Metal Jacket anymore.

All I know is that the statistics say if we draft an offensive lineman in the 1st 2 rounds, his chance of being a 5+ year starter are the highest of any position in the NFL.

Reese needs to concentrate on the OL next season early in the draft....he really can't afford any more 2nd round failures, and the best way to avoid that is by drafting at that position.

He's got to stop with this "lightning in a bottle" bullshit.....he picked Austin because he thought he was a top 10 pick... well, he fucking wasn't.

This team needs someone who can defeat a blocking tight end. That is supposed to be DaMontre Moore.

Here is what I would do next week.

Sit JPP down. He has a bad back. He will continue to suck unless he can rehab.

Slide Cullen Jenkins over to DE. At least this guy can bend the fucking line.

Sliden Hankins in at DT.

Slide Rivers over to MLB

Sit Paysinger down....he's as bad as Herzlich.

Start DaMontre Moore at SAM

We drafted a guard and a tackle this year. We've been drafting tackles pretty consistently over the years, and moving them along the line. Koets, McCants, Mosely, Brewer come right to mind. We drafted Mitch Petrus. We have a small fortune invested in Baas and Snee. The line hasn't been ignored, it just hasn't panned out yet, if it ever does. A couple of breaks, a few less injuries (Koets was looking pretty good at center before his knee injury), and we might be praising Reese for his fine management of the oline.

The linebackers were always a risk--I mentioned it months ago; with Conner and Rivers being health concerns, none of our young players appear to have developed into anything of value, and the Curry experiment was a complete failure--this is the worst case scenario.

On the other hand, how do you get a good free agent linebacker when you have to think in terms of re-signing Cruz, Nicks, and JPP? Who else are you going to cut? Rolle, who has definitely been one of the better defensive players on the team? Snee, and replace him with who? Baas we're stuck with for another season because of his contract.

Our linebacker corp has nothing. NOTHING. Its problems would not be solved with a 4th round draft pick. Greene wouldn't be able to pull Herzlich out of the molasses he's apparently mired in; nor would he keep Williams from being dragged a few yards by a running back while holding on for dear life. The LBs needed either Connor or Curry to show something. They didn't. Now we're fucked.

Personally, I'm upset with Myer, who has shown precious little at tight end. Maybe that's where the FA money should have come from. It's going to be a travesty when Robinson comes back and one of the other guys are cut, to keep this crystal lummox.

We better hope that JPP gets into playing form pretty fucking soon--same with Hynoski, or this season is pretty much done. Eli and the receivers showing up to the same game would be kind of nice as well.

The fact of the matter is that in certain areas the talent isn't there; in others, the talent isn't game ready.

We drafted a guard and a tackle this year. We've been drafting tackles pretty consistently over the years, and moving them along the line. Koets, McCants, Mosely, Brewer come right to mind. We drafted Mitch Petrus. We have a small fortune invested in Baas and Snee. The line hasn't been ignored, it just hasn't panned out yet, if it ever does. A couple of breaks, a few less injuries (Koets was looking pretty good at center before his knee injury), and we might be praising Reese for his fine management of the oline.

The linebackers were always a risk--I mentioned it months ago; with Conner and Rivers being health concerns, none of our young players appear to have developed into anything of value, and the Curry experiment was a complete failure--this is the worst case scenario.

On the other hand, how do you get a good free agent linebacker when you have to think in terms of re-signing Cruz, Nicks, and JPP? Who else are you going to cut? Rolle, who has definitely been one of the better defensive players on the team? Snee, and replace him with who? Baas we're stuck with for another season because of his contract.

Our linebacker corp has nothing. NOTHING. Its problems would not be solved with a 4th round draft pick. Greene wouldn't be able to pull Herzlich out of the molasses he's apparently mired in; nor would he keep Williams from being dragged a few yards by a running back while holding on for dear life. The LBs needed either Connor or Curry to show something. They didn't. Now we're fucked.

Personally, I'm upset with Myer, who has shown precious little at tight end. Maybe that's where the FA money should have come from. It's going to be a travesty when Robinson comes back and one of the other guys are cut, to keep this crystal lummox.

We better hope that JPP gets into playing form pretty fucking soon--same with Hynoski, or this season is pretty much done. Eli and the receivers showing up to the same game would be kind of nice as well.

The fact of the matter is that in certain areas the talent isn't there; in others, the talent isn't game ready.

Yes Myers is a prototype Old AFC style TE that older guys like us remember. No blocking ability; fragile...basically affirmative action for guys too slow to be a WR. :D I would have found a way to have kept the Black Unicorn who at least played with some swagger out there. :P

This team needs someone who can defeat a blocking tight end. That is supposed to be DaMontre Moore.

Here is what I would do next week.

Sit JPP down. He has a bad back. He will continue to suck unless he can rehab.

Slide Cullen Jenkins over to DE. At least this guy can bend the fucking line.

Sliden Hankins in at DT.

Slide Rivers over to MLB

Sit Paysinger down....he's as bad as Herzlich.

Start DaMontre Moore at SAM

Listening on the radio during the fourth quarter I kept hearing Payless' name ...every missed tackle that occurred had his name in there. :D

The biggest problem I see is the lack of focus and steadiness by Eli. Don't know what's wrong with the guy, but his head seems to be somewhere other than the game. Sometimes he looks focused and steady....other times, he panics and just gets rid of the ball as if he doesn't care where it goes.

I'm more concerned with Eli than our defense. And I'm very concerned about our running game.

The biggest problem I see is the lack of focus and steadiness by Eli. Don't know what's wrong with the guy, but his head seems to be somewhere other than the game. Sometimes he looks focused and steady....other times, he panics and just gets rid of the ball as if he doesn't care where it goes.

I'm more concerned with Eli than our defense. And I'm very concerned about our running game.

Eli's throwing to god knows who is frustrating... but the defense's lack of pressure was also frustrating... how many times did they touch Peyton? And when they fucking finally did, he escaped like he's a young Donavon. JPP is pulling a disappearing act.. I think he's out of shape more than anything. This is no time to hit the panic button but if we go 0-3, then I expect the rookies and young guys like Wilson to see significant playing time... and I FUCKING CAN'T STAND FEWEL. The dude sucks. Now if you'd excuse me I'm going to make another cup of coffee.

Eli's throwing to god knows who is frustrating... but the defense's lack of pressure was also frustrating... how many times did they touch Peyton? And when they fucking finally did, he escaped like he's a young Donavon. JPP is pulling a disappearing act.. I think he's out of shape more than anything. This is no time to hit the panic button but if we go 0-3, then I expect the rookies and young guys like Wilson to see significant playing time... and I FUCKING CAN'T STAND FEWEL. The dude sucks. Now if you'd excuse me I'm going to make another cup of coffee.

Eli throwing to god-knows-who is a side effect of the Giants read and react offense. Like the one over Randle's head into the end zone, Eli cut that ball loose obviously thinking that Randle was going towards the back right pylon, but then at that moment Randle breaks it off into a hook route. It looks like an ugly INT on the QB, but we can't really know who's fault that was, all we know is that one of the two guys, Randle or Eli, made the wrong read.

The defense is always going to be suspect, especially at LBer, as long as Eli is playing. This is the issue with having a veteran good QB, they cost a shit ton of money. Eli needs to step it up or we'll be be drafting top 15 and that's going to be another cap hell issue in itself. Maybe as Boohyah pointed out it's only year 2 of the 4 year plan so we can all relax until then.

ugh yeah i can't believe he got out of TWO sacks like that one game