SportsWrath

We need to analyze whats been working for us...

NeMesiS

Lucky deflection to him 10 yards off the play. He also had zero sacks, zero tackles.

Sounds like Tuck or JPP....except for the INT/TD part.

Change it? This is Gilbride's thing, and Coughlin believes in it, it's not changing.

Some of the picks, like the one I was referencing earlier, it reminds me of the days of Shockey and Burress. Toomer was money on this stuff though. Doesn't seem to happen to Cruz or Nicks. I think its all about the players involved - with good communication its damn near unstoppable.

With Cruz, we have a guy that can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into a big big.....Nicks is very much the same.

The Giants need to focus on COMPLETIONS....the yards will follow after the ball is out of Eli's hands.

Eli throwing to god-knows-who is a side effect of the Giants read and react offense. Like the one over Randle's head into the end zone, Eli cut that ball loose obviously thinking that Randle was going towards the back right pylon, but then at that moment Randle breaks it off into a hook route. It looks like an ugly INT on the QB, but we can't really know who's fault that was, all we know is that one of the two guys, Randle or Eli, made the wrong read.

Gilbride meet Rod Rust...run and shoot say hello to read and react... Jesus Christ...please go away Gilbride... just fade away already...

Just ran into a woman at the local Stop-n-Rob while getting my paper - she grew up in Boston and is a Patriots and Red Sox fan. She said, "Hey...I heard a cute joke", so I said, "lay it on me". So she says, "knock, knock", and I reply, "who's there"? She says, "Owen"....so I say, "Owen who"? She says, "Oh and two....ha,ha,ha"...........bitch!

Then she takes a whack at my Yankees! She calls them the "Yank me's".....stinkin Boston fans!!!

Anyway....trying to think of anything positive to say about this team of ours. I came up empty!

I would have said...yeah I can see where that 0-2 in the Bowl has to affect you guys...I'm really sorry you haven't gotten over that yet... :)

randle has made a few mistakes too. i'm not a fan of him getting equal targets to nicks and only 4 less than cruz. those two should be getting the lions share of the targets and randle should get dominick hixon level targets until he proves himself

Yes Myers is a prototype Old AFC style TE that older guys like us remember. No blocking ability; fragile...basically affirmative action for guys too slow to be a WR. :D I would have found a way to have kept the Black Unicorn who at least played with some swagger out there. :P

I saw more from Donnell in the few minutes he played than I did from Myers.

And that's the problem. We've been spending late round picks to "develop" talent, but as you say, the talent isn't there. Mosely? He's shown nothing. McCants? He's shown plenty... like he can't hold up against third stringers. I have no idea why he's still with the team. The craptastic linebackers we've drafted (like Greg Jones and Phillip Dillard) aren't even in the league anymore. "Developing talent" is great when there's talent to develop, but otherwise, you have to look to free agency... and we just haven't done that.

I'm glad we re-signed Cruz. I think we can safely let Nicks walk at this point, and I'm getting there with JPP... outside of one All-Pro season, the guy has shown nothing. I'm more than willing to let them go so we could get an impact linebacker and mauling guard.

The point isn't that things have been particularly successful, just that the line hasn't been ignored. One less injury, and the line could have been Beatty, Brewer, Koets, Snee and Pugh at this point. Mosely could still possibly replace Snee down the road. There's also Eric Hermann on the practice squad. If this happened, we wouldn't have Baas and his contract. But unfortunately Koets blew out his knee right when he started to show some life as a center. And frankly, I don't think the oline will be as horrible as you guys are painting them--they've played with each other for 1 game--they need time to gel.

The same thing could have happened at LB. I'll grant you that we haven't had prime cuts to work with, but we were always aiming to make stew. The biggest difference between the oline and lbs is in the coaching--one coach knows what he's doing, and the other one doesn't.

All we really needed was ONE of the young LBs to develop into something resembling competent. Rivers is OK, so long as he's healthy. If Moore develops quickly, we could still bring Kiwi back into the linebackers, where he was all right. It's not like he's changing the world at DE.

I'm harping on the defense, and it's not really fair--on the whole, they've been doing OK.

It's the turnovers that need to stop. This is looking like 2010 all over again, except we aren't good enough yet to overcome them.

I always think back, would it have been too much to give the Chiefs a 2nd and 4th for Tony Gonzalez.

This Eifert kid looks good, too...

and how does the entire NFL let the Colts get away with getting two of the better up and coming tight end prospects in one draft??

In the past 3 years, the Giants have taken 2 2nd round draft picks at defensive tackle, none of whom were on the field yesterday.

Austin is cut, Hankins was inactive. I'm guessing Hankins will be fine, but Reese has 27 other guys on the defensive line (none of whom have showed up this season, but that's another story), so finding him time won't be easy this season.

Beatty was a 2nd round draft choice. Snee was 2nd round. Pugh was 1st round. Clearly, they are backing up the statistical evidence that says early round linemen provide more bang for the buck than any other position.

Reese is a good GM, but he's blown some early round picks, and that lack of success is becoming evident on the field. He needs to focus on the line early next year, because when you wait until the 5th and 6th rounds for offensive lineman, you get projects, not immediate starters, and I'm getting sick and tired of Reese's science projects.

If anything, the defensive tackles have been the standouts on the line so far. JPP isn't in shape yet, and Tuck seems to have disappeared after looking pretty good in preseason. So I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I know for sure I don't want Hankins starting right now, since that would mean that the line was already decimated by injuries. And if Austin hadn't been injured his rookie season, he might have made it this year. We'll never know.

What I do know is that if Reese hadn't put in the effort at DT, we would be beyond hope right now.

Meanwhile, Diehl was 5th round, O'Hara was UDFA, Seubert was undrafted, and McKenzie was 3rd round. Out of one of the best Giants olines I've seen, only Snee was drafted 2nd round or higher. So, no, you don't necessarily have to draft high for quality. Although I'll grant you that McKenzie had already proven himself by the time we signed him.

Lucky deflection to him 10 yards off the play. He also had zero sacks, zero tackles.

True, I was just trying to bring the thread lower, if that's possible.

Also the Giants looked like crap with Spagnuolo and turned out fantastic. So it's Superbowl bitches.

Also would it kill Gilbride and Eli to try some hurry up offence from time to time?

randle has made a few mistakes too. i'm not a fan of him getting equal targets to nicks and only 4 less than cruz. those two should be getting the lions share of the targets and randle should get dominick hixon level targets until he proves himself

Randle had a shit game, probably because I started him.

True, I was just trying to bring the thread lower, if that's possible.

Also the Giants looked like crap with Spagnuolo and turned out fantastic. So it's Superbowl bitches.

Also would it kill Gilbride and Eli to try some hurry up offence from time to time?

Hurry up offense? So Eli can get sacked quicker or the running backs get stuffed sooner?

We're lucky if we're lined up sooner than having 10 seconds left on the play clock.

Giants Hurry Up

1st and 10 - Pass deep, incomplete.

2nd and 10 - Inside Draw for -1 yard.

3rd and 11 - Screen left for 0 yards.

4th and 11 - Punt

Time of possession 0:37.

You know, perhaps it's a good thing we're snapping the ball with milliseconds left on the play clock...gotta get our defense some rest.