SportsWrath

RG III

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Great win yesterday, but RG III is the real deal. The kid can flat out play. He's going to be a thorn in the side of the NFC East for years to come.....

Wait til he gets a real receiver to throw to. Yikes.

Wait till the teams figure him out - Vick, Newton, RG3 - all of these people were fucking unbelievable their first year - then relapsed/relapsing into oblivion the next and next few years. Its the ones who just 'sucked' and played the traditional QB role their initial years that are shining now - Brees, Brady, Peyton, Eli, Rodgers etc. While I feel RG3 might be very good - I think its only a question of time and study and adjustment to him. The traditional ones are the tough ones to study and plan for because they dont have a certain style. They can suck for 20 plays be awesome in the next ten. With guys like RG3 - a rookie sensation - its a matter of time - mark my words. Iceman said it first! :)

Wait till the teams figure him out - Vick, Newton, RG3 - all of these people were fucking unbelievable their first year - then relapsed/relapsing into oblivion the next and next few years. Its the ones who just 'sucked' and played the traditional QB role their initial years that are shining now - Brees, Brady, Peyton, Eli, Rodgers etc. While I feel RG3 might be very good - I think its only a question of time and study and adjustment to him. The traditional ones are the tough ones to study and plan for because they dont have a certain style. They can suck for 20 plays be awesome in the next ten. With guys like RG3 - a rookie sensation - its a matter of time - mark my words. Iceman said it first! :)

well said

I can see why you are saying this.....but..

The thing with RG3 is...he can be a pocket quarterback...the other too...can't..........and he has a big brain....has touch.....and is a Quarterback...not an athlete playing Quarterback....I see him as more comparable to Steve Young....big brain.....a real leader....tough......but just with alot more speed.

I think he has more of the intangibles that make a great QB...the Newton or Nick...kids some some poise too.

He could be very speical.

C. Wagon

The thing with RG3 is...he can be a pocket quarterback...the other too...can't..........and he has a big brain....has touch.....and is a Quarterback...not an athlete playing Quarterback....I see him as more comparable to Steve Young....big brain.....a real leader....tough......but just with alot more speed.

I think he has more of the intangibles that make a great QB...the Newton or Nick...kids some some poise too.

C. Wagon

Agreed.

A bit early to be writing Cam Newton off me thinks.

Big difference with RGIII he is one of the quarterbacks that studies and plans. He has all the tools to play like a traditional pocket quarterback and many of the plays are geared that way now. The pass to Moss was a perfect example. In the pocket, notices the one on one with Moss, guy in his face and he throws an absolutely perfect arching pass for a touchdown.

Dude has a 70% completion average and only 3 interceptions. You don't do that without studying and playing smart. Compare that to Vick and Newton there first years.

C. Wagon

I agree with you......this kid is the legendary triple threat.......it would not suprise me if he is a great punter form the QB position too.

The difference with him is he can stay in the pocket and is already a deadly passer with good judgement, great accuracy, a laser arm......the running is just gravy but it could get him hurt...it already has.

We were our own worst enemy Sunday- we could neither run or stop the run, or passing was real shaky too.

I did not like when Fewell rushed 3 on 4th and long.......and Eli is having accuracy and decision problems again.....and it started before this game.

Our 53 man deep roster bailed us out- Stevie Brown, Blackburn and Cruz deserve game balls along with the D line

If one unit steps up or role players become All Pro for the day.......we seem to find a way to win....sometime despite ourselves

I would rate the team effort a 7plus last week........if we had a 9 we would have beaten them by 14-17 points......but they are suprisingly strong

I agree with all the positive comments in this thread. So looking ahead, what's the best way to counter this guy?

I'd have to say two things:

1. Keep with drafting top-notch pass rushers... but get one or two monster DTs to push the pocket as well. Follow that up with...

2. A real, honest to God, sideline-to-sideline MLB. We need a stud with speed there to counter RGIII's rushing ability.

I agree with all the positive comments in this thread. So looking ahead, what's the best way to counter this guy?

I'd have to say two things:

1. Keep with drafting top-notch pass rushers... but get one or two monster DTs to push the pocket as well. Follow that up with...

2. A real, honest to God, sideline-to-sideline MLB. We need a stud with speed there to counter RGIII's rushing ability.

You have to be kidding me.......If Blackburn does not manhandle the last receiver and pull the ball out we probably lose that game or it goes to OT.........what do you want the man to do? Walk on water? He's the best MLBer we have had since Harry Carson.

The Dline is supposed to keep the MLBer clean so he can swoop in for the tackle....most of the time Blackburn is getting mauled.

As for a side line to sideline guy to stop RG3 that does not exist.........the corners and saftey have to get an angle on him and wrap him up.......no MLBer is fast enough to catch that guy going to the sideline.

If we stopped their RB, then RG3 would not have been a big issue.........the rookie RB ran all over us..very powerful RB.......

The Redskins are a handfull.......they can beat anyone on a given day

You have to be kidding me.......If Blackburn does not manhandle the last receiver and pull the ball out we probably lose that game or it goes to OT.........what do you want the man to do? Walk on water? He's the best MLBer we have had since Harry Carson.

The Dline is supposed to keep the MLBer clean so he can swoop in for the tackle....most of the time Blackburn is getting mauled.

As for a side line to sideline guy to stop RG3 that does not exist.........the corners and saftey have to get an angle on him and wrap him up.......no MLBer is fast enough to catch that guy going to the sideline.

If we stopped their RB, then RG3 would not have been a big issue.........the rookie RB ran all over us..very powerful RB.......

The Redskins are a handfull.......they can beat anyone on a given day

OT? IS there a four point play in football?

good point but until Blackburn seperated the ball from the ball carrier I was pretty nervous.........so were you.

No MLB is going to catch that kid.....none.....even when you are right in front of him or have an angle on him, he makes you miss with pure speed.......Jouaquim Williams is the only guy who has a shot and he is not a MLBer

I agree with you......this kid is the legendary triple threat.......it would not suprise me if he is a great punter form the QB position too.

The difference with him is he can stay in the pocket and is already a deadly passer with good judgement, great accuracy, a laser arm......the running is just gravy but it could get him hurt...it already has.

We were our own worst enemy Sunday- we could neither run or stop the run, or passing was real shaky too.

I did not like when Fewell rushed 3 on 4th and long.......and Eli is having accuracy and decision problems again.....and it started before this game.

Our 53 man deep roster bailed us out- Stevie Brown, Blackburn and Cruz deserve game balls along with the D line

If one unit steps up or role players become All Pro for the day.......we seem to find a way to win....sometime despite ourselves

I would rate the team effort a 7plus last week........if we had a 9 we would have beaten them by 14-17 points......but they are suprisingly strong

Once Jack agrees with your.......ain't but one thing left too ....see ya' bitches......

C Wagon.

Blackburn made a big clutch play at the end, to be sure. For much of the game though, his performance was so-so, at best. He struggled in his drops and often got caught up in the wash on running plays. I'm not going to kill him for not being able to catch the guy with 4.3 speed but he didn't do much to slow Morris, either. Now before you go nuts, I'm not saying he's terrible. Blackburn is a solid, if unspectacular, MLB. It's a position that's ripe for an upgrade.

C. Wagon

This^ Seen QB's going back to 68' and RGIII ...I just wish he were in another division or the fucking AFC...he is going to be one to remember if he stays healthy.

This^ Seen QB's going back to 68' and RGIII ...I just wish he were in another division or the fucking AFC...he is going to be one to remember if he stays healthy.

He's the reason I don't get so pissed when we lose this season because he's a glimpse of what's to come. Plus it's like watching a god damn video game when he has the ball.

I mean he's no Rex Grossman but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Bringing our safeties closer to the line of scrimmage, back from Timbuktu, would greatly help stop the big yardage chunks on the ground. Not trying to start anything with Jack here, but Stevie Brown is a big reason we have to play that way---or, more accurately, the THOUGHT that Stevie Brown could give up a big play keeps our safeties from being able to help in run support.

Blackburn made a big clutch play at the end, to be sure. For much of the game though, his performance was so-so, at best. He struggled in his drops and often got caught up in the wash on running plays. I'm not going to kill him for not being able to catch the guy with 4.3 speed but he didn't do much to slow Morris, either. Now before you go nuts, I'm not saying he's terrible. Blackburn is a solid, if unspectacular, MLB. It's a position that's ripe for an upgrade.

an upgrade....an upgrade

Do you have a memory?????........do you remember how utterly pathetic our LBer play was before Chase returned

If you move him out you wont get an upgrade unless you found the fountain of youth and talked Butkus into coming back...you will likely get a major league DOWNGRADE

Bringing our safeties closer to the line of scrimmage, back from Timbuktu, would greatly help stop the big yardage chunks on the ground. Not trying to start anything with Jack here, but Stevie Brown is a big reason we have to play that way---or, more accurately, the THOUGHT that Stevie Brown could give up a big play keeps our safeties from being able to help in run support.

yeah.............Stevie Brown.......MR INT.........didnt he send a Skin to the Emergency Room Sunday??? lets sit ol Stevie