SportsWrath

RG III

Guest StrahansGap

He's the reason I don't get so pissed when we lose this season because he's a glimpse of what's to come. Plus it's like watching a god damn video game when he has the ball.

I mean he's no Rex Grossman but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Im not knocking on RG3 - I think he could be one of the greats and a fantastic QB for years to come and might have a good core along with Morris. Washington needs draft picks to build the team around him - The Skins dont have that. They cant rely on FA around a young core. You could think about paying Cruz a boatload at the end of the year though if the Giants dont lock him up well before that :)

Im just saying - I need to see a lot more from RG3 and consistently for me to annoit him as black Jesus. We've seen similar production from other QBs as well - they also prepared equally well and executed their first year. RG3's 'pocket QB' stuff is still left to be seen for sure - he has a great arm and poise yes, but thats because he is a running threat. Take that away after a couple concussions or injuries and its a whole diff ball game - I dont wish any injury to the kid - Im just saying be prepared for a relapse - you are seeing a player teams are still figuring out for his sheer ability. Once they do and start playing him diff, it changes. Megatron and Stafford is a case-in-point. The others Ive mentioned. But I still maintain the fact that a QB has to overcome his growing pains and suck and make all the mistakes possible and then come out of it - like a caterpillar coming out of a coccoon as a butterfly. Only those QBs have been successful so far in the NFL - as is evident from the current QBs playing.

Markus Kuhn isn't ready yet. We've sorely missed Rocky Bernard, which is odd saying that because I felt that the guy was a terrible free agent acquisition. Now, he's a pretty important cog.

I think what works in Bernard's favor is he's always fresh... well rested.. etc. I think as a starter he will suffer but in that rotation he's great. And Kuhn is getting valuable hands on experience.

Im not knocking on RG3 - I think he could be one of the greats and a fantastic QB for years to come and might have a good core along with Morris. Washington needs draft picks to build the team around him - The Skins dont have that. They cant rely on FA around a young core. You could think about paying Cruz a boatload at the end of the year though if the Giants dont lock him up well before that :)

Im just saying - I need to see a lot more from RG3 and consistently for me to annoit him as black Jesus. We've seen similar production from other QBs as well - they also prepared equally well and executed their first year. RG3's 'pocket QB' stuff is still left to be seen for sure - he has a great arm and poise yes, but thats because he is a running threat. Take that away after a couple concussions or injuries and its a whole diff ball game - I dont wish any injury to the kid - Im just saying be prepared for a relapse - you are seeing a player teams are still figuring out for his sheer ability. Once they do and start playing him diff, it changes. Megatron and Stafford is a case-in-point. The others Ive mentioned. But I still maintain the fact that a QB has to overcome his growing pains and suck and make all the mistakes possible and then come out of it - like a caterpillar coming out of a coccoon as a butterfly. Only those QBs have been successful so far in the NFL - as is evident from the current QBs playing.

sw50sw8sw578.gif

:P

You have to be kidding me.......If Blackburn does not manhandle the last receiver and pull the ball out we probably lose that game or it goes to OT.........what do you want the man to do? Walk on water? He's the best MLBer we have had since Harry Carson.

The Dline is supposed to keep the MLBer clean so he can swoop in for the tackle....most of the time Blackburn is getting mauled.

As for a side line to sideline guy to stop RG3 that does not exist.........the corners and saftey have to get an angle on him and wrap him up.......no MLBer is fast enough to catch that guy going to the sideline.

Actually, Chase Blackburn is the best MLB the league has ever seen... that's why the Giants are #1 in run D since he's been back.

Actually, Chase Blackburn is the best MLB the league has ever seen... that's why the Giants are #1 in run D since he's been back.

The best the NY Giants have seen since Harry Carson......could other MLBers do what Chase does.....its all conjecture

To put the Run D problems on one guy is ludicrous.........he leads the team in Tackles with Brown and Andre right behind him

that means the tackles are not doing thier jobs, they are getting pushed aside......the middle looks like an opponents freeway

I'm hoping Canty returns to form quickly

I wouldn't say unbelievably, but he's done better than I thought he would. I'd give him a B, B -

This. I agree with jack that he's an upgrade over the last few years.....but that's why Blackburn's B- play looks like all pro compared to what we've had. I yearn for a B+/A MLB again.

I dont know.......the Giants D seems to rise up when it wants to.......I blame that on Perry Fewell who is content to go into the prevent defense at the oddest times. Lately he has begun to release the blitz but its still way to infrequent for my taste.

When the scent of the Lombardi is in the air the Giants D runs roughshod over opponents......Perry likes to lay it safe and die a death from a thousand knives.......he is extremely scared of opposing WRs getting behind us.......then he brings up the D when we are getting run all over and they get behind us occasionaly anyway

No D is perfect, but at least it should remain aggressive.

RGIII is going to be the Michael Jordan of the NFL. I hate to say that, but I believe it. He is special. Now, you might say that makes Andrew Luck the future Sam Bowie of the NFL. But, Jordan was the 3rd pick overall, and Bowie the 2nd in that '84 draft. I think Andrew Luck is going to be the Hakeem Olajuwon of the NFL, who was chosen 1st overall. :P Still not bad.

Bringing our safeties closer to the line of scrimmage, back from Timbuktu, would greatly help stop the big yardage chunks on the ground. Not trying to start anything with Jack here, but Stevie Brown is a big reason we have to play that way---or, more accurately, the THOUGHT that Stevie Brown could give up a big play keeps our safeties from being able to help in run support.

Bringing our safeties closer to the line of scrimmage, back from Timbuktu, would greatly help stop the big yardage chunks on the ground. Not trying to start anything with Jack here, but Stevie Brown is a big reason we have to play that way---or, more accurately, the THOUGHT that Stevie Brown could give up a big play keeps our safeties from being able to help in run support.

exactly, I supposed no one watched the Eagles game and Saw McCoy slip about twenty Blackburn tackles and he can't cover. Yes, he had that INT against a hobbled Gronk in the Super Bowl, but he also gave a TD to Hernandez earlier in the game.

Wait till the teams figure him out - Vick, Newton, RG3 - all of these people were fucking unbelievable their first year - then relapsed/relapsing into oblivion the next and next few years. Its the ones who just 'sucked' and played the traditional QB role their initial years that are shining now - Brees, Brady, Peyton, Eli, Rodgers etc. While I feel RG3 might be very good - I think its only a question of time and study and adjustment to him. The traditional ones are the tough ones to study and plan for because they dont have a certain style. They can suck for 20 plays be awesome in the next ten. With guys like RG3 - a rookie sensation - its a matter of time - mark my words. Iceman said it first! :)

Already stated this during draft time iceman! I totally agree with you. I said the same thing, we were all in awe of Vick and Newton their Freshman yrs. RGIII gets awful lucky sometimes, like the 4th and 10 play. Im sorry, runnin around scared and then getting a block isnt you doin anything special. Osi was about to lay him out and he got blind sided. Thats what made that play work, not Bob.

I say he has a worse sophomore yr than Cam. ;)

mediocre tonight Sir Bob ...sorry

Actually, this is one game you cant pin on Bobert the Third.

I think the Redskins set the record for most drops in a game today.

On three separate occasions Bobert put the ball square in the hands of the WR, just to have him drop it in the endzone.