SportsWrath

ELI and Plax

Lughead

Regarding ELI's Performance this past season ; IF ELI wants Plax back do the Giants sign him? if it came down to having Hagen or Plax , surely we would all want Plax . Just look at ElI's production after Plax and could you imagine Plax on one side and Nicks on the other ans Smith in the slot? Manningham @4

Now the reason I bring this up is I read an article on ESPN and ElI seams to want him back.

http://deadspin.com/5746098/eli-manning-wants-plaxico-back

Would he want to be teammates with Plaxico Burress again:

"I think the Giants will look hard into that. I think they know what kind of player he is. Obviously he knows our system. It hasn't changed. … If he proves that he's kind of changed his life and shows he's committed to the Giants … I think if that's what the Giants feel, I know what kind of player he can be and we already have a great corps of receivers right now. … To throw him into the mix would be a good thing."

Eli wants him back. And if he comes back on a team favored contract so do I. He is the receiver that presents a matchup difficulty the Giants don't have right now. And like in that article says he knows the system.

I really think it's a win for both sides if Giants can get Plex back. that's if he's in football shape. For him to go else where would be insane. It takes a while to understand a team's system and have a feel for your QB.. If Plex is smart, he should def do this and showcase his skills to increase his value for another contract..

This is so different than what people we're saying a few weeks ago...I can only think that Eli's opinion changed others opinions. Plax would be a huge upgrade, if healthy and on his game after prison. I would honestly sit Nicks until he can develop a brain for this offense (if he can) and let Plax and Steve^2 run house on opposing defenses. 34 isn't too old for a wide receiver. He's got 3-5 more years of career in him.

Ahh, yes.

A lippy malcontent who, in addition to cursing out his coach and getting over 40 fines in his final year, also managed a whopping 454 yards in ten games... before shooting himself in the leg.

That's the missing piece to our Super Bowl puzzle.

If we wants to come back, asks for a favorable contract and realizes he wont be the #1 or even the #2, I would have nothing against this move personally.

I liked Plax while he was here and if he comes back all the better.

Why would he not come back as #1 ??

I think he would still be our best option when you need a 3rd down

Ahh, yes.

A lippy malcontent who, in addition to cursing out his coach and getting over 40 fines in his final year, also managed a whopping 454 yards in ten games... before shooting himself in the leg.

You know.. sometimes you can be a real Debbie Downer :)

This is so different than what people we're saying a few weeks ago...I can only think that Eli's opinion changed others opinions. Plax would be a huge upgrade, if healthy and on his game after prison. I would honestly sit Nicks until he can develop a brain for this offense (if he can) and let Plax and Steve^2 run house on opposing defenses. 34 isn't too old for a wide receiver. He's got 3-5 more years of career in him.

Plus two years of not getting hit...at least football type hits.... :smartass:

Braylon Brick Hands Edwards?? no thanks. Sidney and Holmes are both midgets compare to Plex.. with Eli throwing the ball 10 foot high, we need someone with height...

I guess you didn't watch much football this year. Edwards caught everything thrown to him. As for height, we're not playing basketball.

Eli does fine throwing to 6' receivers. Rice and Holmes are the best of the league.

I guess you didn't watch much football this year. Edwards caught everything thrown to him. As for height, we're not playing basketball.

Eli does fine throwing to 6' receivers. Rice and Holmes are the best of the league.

I started hating the jets after due to all that yapping. But for the few games that i did watch. The long throws where Edwards is wide open. he just totally lost focus and drop the easy TD. not saying that's enough to make my point but here's a little stat i found.

Ewards Stats

Edwards caught about half the pass thrown to him which makes him avg. Other than 2007 he haven't pass 1,000+ yards mark. Now, would you really want this guy compare to our current top 3?

I really think Height does matter in this league. People can jump high but to have the frame to shield your opponent and jump for the high ball. That's something Plex has. I don't recall Eli over throwing so much compare to the past when Plex was here.

I started hating the jets after due to all that yapping. But for the few games that i did watch. The long throws where Edwards is wide open. he just totally lost focus and drop the easy TD. not saying that's enough to make my point but here's a little stat i found.

Ewards Stats

Edwards caught about half the pass thrown to him which makes him avg. Other than 2007 he haven't pass 1,000+ yards mark. Now, would you really want this guy compare to our current top 3?

I really think Height does matter in this league. People can jump high but to have the frame to shield your opponent and jump for the high ball. That's something Plex has. I don't recall Eli over throwing so much compare to the past when Plex was here.

i don't know what "targeted" means but he is improving. sidney rice and santonio holmes are true craftsman. especially if we lose steve smith.

Ahh, yes.

Because our current formula is working so well?

Storm, with great respect... that is the most inane thing I have read on here in a long time. Why the hell would you sit a guy who just had the best season in 13 games than just about any WR in Giants history? He tipped a couple of balls that were intercepted, but he also dominated. Smith, Barden, Manningham, Boss, they all had bad tips that turned into INTs as well but none of them had the dominating season Nicks had. Nicks should have been a pro bowler this year and the fact that he's not is a shame.

I would welcome Plax back for a low price... put Steve in the slot and Nicks and Burress on the outside. Steve is a perfect fit to play slot receiver. They can run a lot of plays with 3 wide sets as they do now, and when they go two wide I'd be sitting Plax more than Steve. Basically, they can make it work. It would probably hurt Manningham's touches the most so they would have to work him in, b/c he showed me something this year... they need to keep getting him the ball, he is a player.

But he can't cost a lot and he has to be a model citizen... and I'm not sure on either.

Storm, with great respect... that is the most inane thing I have read on here in a long time. Why the hell would you sit a guy who just had the best season in 13 games than just about any WR in Giants history? He tipped a couple of balls that were intercepted, but he also dominated. Smith, Barden, Manningham, Boss, they all had bad tips that turned into INTs as well but none of them had the dominating season Nicks had. Nicks should have been a pro bowler this year and the fact that he's not is a shame.

I would welcome Plax back for a low price... put Steve in the slot and Nicks and Burress on the outside. Steve is a perfect fit to play slot receiver. They can run a lot of plays with 3 wide sets as they do now, and when they go two wide I'd be sitting Plax more than Steve. Basically, they can make it work. It would probably hurt Manningham's touches the most so they would have to work him in, b/c he showed me something this year... they need to keep getting him the ball, he is a player.

But he can't cost a lot and he has to be a model citizen... and I'm not sure on either.

Um because he was the direct cause of about 10+ interceptions this season, bobbles, running the wrong route, etc. He doesn't grasp the offense and drops a ton of big passes. Wide open, 30 yards down the field, dropped.

He's essentially OUR Braylon Edwards.

Rep expects ex-Giant Burress to be playing in NFL next season

# NFL.com # Published: Jan. 27, 2011 at 03:18 p.m. # Updated: Jan. 27, 2011 at 04:14 p.m.

Will Plaxico Burress follow in Michael Vick's footsteps, going from Pro Bowl-caliber player to incarcerated and back to star?

Burress' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said on Thursday night's episode of "Inside the NFL" on Showtime that he expects the former New York Giants wide receiver to be playing in the NFL next season.

"I am not afraid to make the following prediction; Plaxico Burress will be playing in 2011. And he will play very well," Rosenhaus said, via The New York Post. "And it will be a very happy ending to a very tough, tough story for him."

Burress, 33, hasn't played since he accidentally shot himself in the leg with an illegal handgun in a Manhattan nightclub on Nov. 28, 2008. The Giants released him the following April. Burress accepted a plea deal and began serving a two-year prison sentence in September of 2009. He is expected to be released this spring after serving 20 months.

Vick returned to the league in 2009 after serving time in prison for operating a dog-fighting ring. He rarely played for the Philadelphia Eagles as a backup to Donovan McNabb that season, and he claimed the Eagles' starting job early this past season after Kevin Kolb sustained a concussion in Week 1.

Two former NFL players who also are analysts for NFL telecasts weighed in on Burress' prospects on the show.

"My concern would be what I saw with Mike Vick," NBC's Cris Collinsworth said. "It took Mike a year out of prison before he looked like Mike Vick again. Plaxico Burress is a guy [that] I don’t think it will take him that long. But we’ll have to see."

CBS' Phil Simms, who played his entire career for the Giants, asserts that Burress would be better served re-emerging with another team.

"I don’t think he’ll come back to the Giants," Simms said. "One, they are loaded at the receiver position. And I think it might be best for him to move on and connect with the coach or the receiver coach that he can have a special relationship with and further his career along."

Link