SportsWrath

Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks

JMFP

The Panthers doubled Steve Smith, and Hakeem Nicks made them pay.....it's pretty clear Nicks is going to abuse single coverage.

So, eventually, the 8 man box is going to disappear.

Most teams don't have enough depth in the secondary to field a #3 CB that can match up well with Manningham.

Throw Cruz and Barden into the mix, and this is the deepest Giants WR unit I have ever seen.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?..........................that's right, hello Hedgecock Swing Pass!

You guys don't know this but I secretly wished for the Giants to sign Brandon Marshall. But I must say that this group complements Eli's preference.

He's got 3 talented guys with no ego issues who seem to run routes well. No Divas to appease, no drama. As long as he gets more accurate, this

should be a good group.

The Giants have been really, really fortunate with their draft picks for WR's. Smith was a hands down winner. Nicks another hands down winner. They took a chance with Manningham in late rounds and it appears another winner. And Cruz falling into their lap with Barden ready to blossum and Calhoun looks like another real deal. It's incredible when you look back at how hard it was for the Giants to keep a decent second receiver on the field. We've gotta have the deepest recieving corp in the NFL. And most of them are very young and they don't seem to be hurt all the time like many recievers. I love it!!!

The Giants have been really, really fortunate with their draft picks for WR's. Smith was a hands down winner. Nicks another hands down winner. They took a chance with Manningham in late rounds and it appears another winner. And Cruz falling into their lap with Barden ready to blossum and Calhoun looks like another real deal. It's incredible when you look back at how hard it was for the Giants to keep a decent second receiver on the field. We've gotta have the deepest recieving corp in the NFL. And most of them are very young and they don't seem to be hurt all the time like many recievers. I love it!!!

Don't get ahead of yourself. Saints WR crew is still ahead of ours....without question.

Colston, Henderson, Meachem, etc.

But, your point about getting some good WRs through the draft is valid.

Don't forget the master of disaster, S.MOSS!!!! :05-mafia:

I agree that these WR are young and blossoming but tell you the truth, other than Smith and NICKs. I'm a bit worry about the other young guys. They really haven't proven much other than pre-season. But i am keeping my fingers cross.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, just like to put in my 2 cent..

He was a third round pick, he would of been an late first/early second if he didn't get caught with Marry-J in college.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Saints WR crew is still ahead of ours....without question.

Colston, Henderson, Meachem, etc.

But, your point about getting some good WRs through the draft is valid.

I disagree with that. We have better WRs. They have like 3 NYG Steve Smiths. They don't have a real gamebreaker like Nicks and that makes all the difference.

I disagree with that. We have better WRs. They have like 3 NYG Steve Smiths. They don't have a real gamebreaker like Nicks and that makes all the difference.

I wouldn't say that Colston is a better play maker then Nicks at their point in their careers, infact Colston holds some sort of recieving record or something. Meachem is like our Manningham, a really fast guy who always finds himself behind the defense.

I'd say that the Saints have a better WR core in play making ability and over all better WR core.

I wouldn't say that Colston is a better play maker then Nicks at their point in their careers, infact Colston holds some sort of recieving record or something. Meachem is like our Manningham, a really fast guy who always finds himself behind the defense.

I'd say that the Saints have a better WR core in play making ability and over all better WR core.

yah, he holds the record for most receptions in his first two years or something...despite that, I think Hakeem Nicks has the potential to be the better playmaker and will, hopefully, show that this year...Henderson and Meachem are their Mario Manninghams, is prolly more accurate than Steve Smiths, you're right....

7 Years in the league and i doubt accuracy will get better.

I thought his accuracy was fine, a few high passes, but it was also pretty wet out, all three TD passes were perfect, the running through to Manningham was beautiful. Didn't the receivers get 2 hands on most of those high ones? I kn ow Barden did and I think Nicks did. They were catchable balls.

I'm not worried about his accuracy at all, both qb's had a little trouble with the slick ball yesterday.

Those 3 passes that the receivers dropped were right in their hands...especially Hicks and Bradshaw...Bradshaw's just hit him in the fucking chest and it bounced off...terrible hands yesterday.

Steve Smith dropped an easy one yesterday too.

Eli should have been 25 for 30 with over 300 yards passing if not for a terrible case of the dropsies.

You guys don't know this but I secretly wished for the Giants to sign Brandon Marshall. But I must say that this group complements Eli's preference.

He's got 3 talented guys with no ego issues who seem to run routes well. No Divas to appease, no drama. As long as he gets more accurate, this

should be a good group.

Wow, I had no idea you wanted Marshall...

We were looonngg overdue for getting decent wide receivers in tne draft.

It's nice to see Nicks starting to show the huge potential he has. I've been saying it, Nicks is our #1 receiver this year. The guy is a stud. What he did last year in only about a half a season of starting was remarkable, leading all rookies in yards and showing breakaway ability. This guy could have a ridiculous year for us...

Manningham also had a nice game, no bobbles from what I saw, which is what I had been critical of with him in the past. He and Steve Smith complete the best Giants trio we've ever had.... still, it's not the best in the NFL, guys, let's not get crazy! But we should all be ecstatic about these young guys.

As for the rest of the group, they are all unknowns. Cruz looks the part but until he shows it in regular season games against a starting NFL secondary, I have to remain somewhat of a skeptic. I am still optimistic. Same goes for Calhoun, and Barden may still be a ways off, we just don't know if we have anything there yet or if we'll ever have anything there. I'm hopeful, Barden in particular is a game changer.

As for Eli, he did complete 66% of his passes despite a plethora of drops. Some of those balls would've been tough catches, but they were catchable. I can't really fault Eli on any of the three picks, either. He hit his receivers... his receivers batted them to the opposing team. I would have to conclude that Eli is well on his way to a fantastic start to this season.

ironically ....i thought the player with the safest hands on Sun was .............Brandon Jacobs !!!!

That pass , short right to Jacobs for 12 yards early in the 3rd Q was a game changer .....we took control of the contest from that moment on.

yes, he's shored up his receiving a little, it seems. and he has energy off the bench. it's a good move and will extend his career.

i'll take nicks over anyone on the saints and the same goes for steve smith. saints have 3 homerun threats and an overrated lance moore but only colston is a complete receiver--the rest look good because they are in a pass-friendly offense with a great qb

The Panthers doubled Steve Smith, and Hakeem Nicks made them pay.....it's pretty clear Nicks is going to abuse single coverage.

So, eventually, the 8 man box is going to disappear.

Most teams don't have enough depth in the secondary to field a #3 CB that can match up well with Manningham.

Throw Cruz and Barden into the mix, and this is the deepest Giants WR unit I have ever seen.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?..........................that's right, hello Hedgecock Swing Pass!

Lets not get ahead of our selves.. didn't Barden get one pass that he managed to tip to the CB? lol

Manningham is promising but he hasn't shown anything that would make any team rethink their coverage.

Lets not get ahead of our selves.. didn't Barden get one pass that he managed to tip to the CB? lol

Manningham is promising but he hasn't shown anything that would make any team rethink their coverage.

barden has done nothing but be tall. he's manute bol in shoulder pads.

WTF are you guys smoking? Colston is far better than the WRs we have. He IS a game breaker. We might have a better WR group, but Colston is far superior. Not taking anything away from the guys we have, but none of these guys have the play-making ability that a Plax had, or a Marshall might have had. But atleast they dont have the mental baggage which is a great thing. They can be great - but not yet. They need to gel into greatness along with Eli. But a group Id love to watch for years to come.

WTF are you guys smoking? Colston is far better than the WRs we have. He IS a game breaker. We might have a better WR group, but Colston is far superior. Not taking anything away from the guys we have, but none of these guys have the play-making ability that a Plax had, or a Marshall might have had. But atleast they dont have the mental baggage which is a great thing. They can be great - but not yet. They need to gel into greatness along with Eli. But a group Id love to watch for years to come.

Hakeem Nicks, right now, today...is more a play maker than Plaxico ever was. On his best day.

And he might not be as steady as Colston, but he's certainly more of a threat to take it the distance.

Colston is real good, but the guy is just a glorified possession receiver. Put him on almost any other team, his numbers aren't half what they are in New Orleans.

If Nicks was getting the pass in stride like Colston, he'd look alot like Colston.

This isn't a knock on Eli, as much as it is an appreciation of Drew Brees....when he's on, it's like the Pinball Wizard.