SportsWrath

Victor Cruz

Lughead

If Victor Cruz can repeat his performance the rest of the preseason, I'd say he has a pretty good chance at sticking. He's already shown more than Moss has in his time with the team. That being said, I'd be shocked if Moss gets cut over Cruz. The team is still more in love with their second round draft pick than I think is warranted. Maybe they are thinking he is going to turn into Santana.

How could they still be sticking to that pipe dream? Moss hasn't shown he can stay healthy, really. He hasn't shown that he has enough talent to be a 3rd WR. He didn't blow anyone away with PR/KR duties. Maybe he's some sort of locker room guy, but I don't see guys looking to him when he's not producing on the field.

I'd take a chance on Cruz long before resigning what I know to be Moss.

watched the video. he looked awesome. don't care who he was playing against he caught some amazing balls.

Exactly. He was actively pursuing the ball. He didn't wait for it to drop when it was up for grabs. Showed very smooth athletic moves.. he made them look easy. This maybe our 3rd starting WR this season if he's this good... And I say that knowing I like Manningham and think he is a star in the making...

Didn't Grillz miss out mainly due to injury?

Beat me to it. He would have had a shot that year at getting some decent playing time but like most things in life timing is almost everything.

Anyway back on topic Cruz has shown more in one game then Moss ever has. If he doesn't beat out Moss then something is fishy.

If we keep six it should look like this:

Smith-Nicks-Manningham-Barden-Hagan-Cruz

If seven, through Moss in there. He's still better than other guys on the roster (though I've heard great things outta camp about Tim Brown).

If seven, through Moss in there. He's still better than other guys on the roster (though I've heard great things outta camp about Tim Brown).

I agree with two of the three lines in your post.

Plax over Moss.

Am I the only one who's tired of reading the half-dozen Victor Cruz stories per day? The guy had a fantastic game against 4th and 5th string corners. That is what they are... not saying they are bad corners, but they were 4th, 5th, and 6th best corners on that team defensively. And yes I'm counting Revis because he is still a Jet and ordinarily he would be out there. Revis, Cromartie, and Kyle Wilson are the top 3 corners on that team. That said, I was thoroughly impressed by Cruz... but I'm not going to crown ANY UDFA after 1 game against/with backups. I think he's probably earned a spot on the roster with his performance, and he's earned some game reps with Eli under center... but hold off on the coronation please!

I think we've seen just about every damn angle of the Victor Cruz story there is dating back to last week. There are many other guys worthy of talking about as well.

But if Cruz knocks Moss off this roster, then I will suck on his game socks. Right now, I think he has the inside track to do it, but Hagan could also be vulnerable. I highly doubt TC is going to carry 7 WR's this year. With Boss' health, they will need to carry 3 TE's, and I think they will carry an extra OL for depth because of all the dings the unit has suffered over the past year.

Right now I see this battle for the 6th WR spot going down between Hagan, Moss, and Cruz. If Cruz distinguishes himself in specials, particularly the return game, then I think he is a shoe-in for the 53 man roster.

Am I the only one who's tired of reading the half-dozen Victor Cruz stories per day? The guy had a fantastic game against 4th and 5th string corners. That is what they are... not saying they are bad corners, but they were 4th, 5th, and 6th best corners on that team defensively. And yes I'm counting Revis because he is still a Jet and ordinarily he would be out there. Revis, Cromartie, and Kyle Wilson are the top 3 corners on that team. That said, I was thoroughly impressed by Cruz... but I'm not going to crown ANY UDFA after 1 game against/with backups. I think he's probably earned a spot on the roster with his performance, and he's earned some game reps with Eli under center... but hold off on the coronation please!

I think we've seen just about every damn angle of the Victor Cruz story there is dating back to last week. There are many other guys worthy of talking about as well.

But if Cruz knocks Moss off this roster, then I will suck on his game socks. Right now, I think he has the inside track to do it, but Hagan could also be vulnerable. I highly doubt TC is going to carry 7 WR's this year. With Boss' health, they will need to carry 3 TE's, and I think they will carry an extra OL for depth because of all the dings the unit has suffered over the past year.

Right now I see this battle for the 6th WR spot going down between Hagan, Moss, and Cruz. If Cruz distinguishes himself in specials, particularly the return game, then I think he is a shoe-in for the 53 man roster.

I agree with most of this, but I think Hagan is pretty much established due to his special teams play.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I think most if not all of us are aware of this... yea we know the guy is a rookie and may not make it after all but he gave us enough to get excited about.. hey.. and we won the very first game at Giants Stadium... Fuck the Jets.

no you're definitely not. read the rest of the thread.

Seems to me people have forgot about the fact that Hixon Is out for the season and we need a guy to fill that spot . Cruz could easily slide in to that position If he can keep up his performance, as well as return kicks. I feel Cruz is in. The last spot will be between Moss and Hagan and lets face why would we keep a guy another year if all he can do is ride the pine with injuries or when he even gets in a game he has Zer0 production. How many times have people seen Moss catch a ball and run backward 3 to 5 yards? His time is up IMO Moss needs to go .

I was at Giants Camp yesterday... and Cruz was practicing as kick/punt returner. He looked significantly faster then everyone else returning. He also made a really slick cut that left the defender (Don't remember who) on the ground.