SportsWrath

Victor Cruz

Lughead

What string was this Cruz guy playing against? I turned the game off after half time so I have no idea who this guy is. Is this guy for real? Even Lebron tweeted about him.

If I am not mistaken he beat the starting CB on that one-handed TD catch. If he is PSed he won't clear waivers. Goodbye Moss you won't be missed.

he was beating up on 2nd and 3rd stringers I think. But he was really beating up on them. He definitely deserves more playing time in the following preseaon games. Maybe throw him in for some of the 1st stringers reps and see how he does.

he was beating up on 2nd and 3rd stringers I think. But he was really beating up on them. He definitely deserves more playing time in the following preseaon games. Maybe throw him in for some of the 1st stringers reps and see how he does.

Agreed. i'm not about to annoint him as the 2nd coming, but he showed enough to make this team this year and to be given a larger role than what he had last night. At the very least, I could see him as a starting kick returner and 5th or 6th WR behind Nicks, Smith, Manningham, Barden, and Hagan.

Moss needs to get the fuck out....sooner than later.

The second catch was really nice, him coming back for the ball, keeping his eyes on it the whole time. I don't want to get too excited about this guy. Lowery and Coleman are no pushovers but not even close to the skills of Revis though. Even his third TD catch was a tough one to make.

3 TDs is great against anybody. Though he really impressed with his catching and body positioning, as well as his elusiveness after the catch. It wasn't just him getting free from scrub DBs; he fought for and won the ball.

Hagan also played very well, showing sure hands and nice routes. I think Moss is officially dead in the water (did he even see the field last night?) and Barden should be very worried. He was the least impressive of the backup receivers last night.

3 TDs is great against anybody. Though he really impressed with his catching and body positioning, as well as his elusiveness after the catch. It wasn't just him getting free from scrub DBs; he fought for and won the ball.

Hagan also played very well, showing sure hands and nice routes. I think Moss is officially dead in the water (did he even see the field last night?) and Barden should be very worried. He was the least impressive of the backup receivers last night.

i dont think barden should be worried about making the team, we arent going to cut him, but he didnt play very well.

i dont think barden should be worried about making the team, we arent going to cut him, but he didnt play very well.

I don't think he'll be cut, but he's gonna be fighting for snaps with Cruz & Hagan this season if he doesn't show he's a legit threat soon.

WRONG AGAIN

dosent it get to you after a while

He will replace Ramses Barden............or that usless sack of sht- Rocky Bernard

hahah the man who wrong more than anyone else on this forum trying to tell me im wrong.

how bout we make a bet.

if ramses barden doesnt make the roster this year i will leave the forum forever, if he does make the roster then you leave the forum forever.

sounds like a fair bet.

you in?

If I am not mistaken Moss didn't play because he is injured again. If he isn't cut then he officially has comprising data on the Giants organization. Cruz may not have been playing in a real NFL game but he played extremely well and deserves a roster spot just for last night. In a real game the defenders may have had better positioning but he made some very nice adjustments to catch those balls.

This kid is a Coughlin-type player.....granted it is preseason, and he's going against guys who will be selling insurance in a couple months......but he's making everything of the opportunity.

And the kid is where the ball is, and has great hands.....you've got to think there is room on the roster for someone like him.

If Moss stays, and Cruz gets cut, I'll go apeshit.

This kid is a Coughlin-type player.....granted it is preseason, and he's going against guys who will be selling insurance in a couple months......but he's making everything of the opportunity.

And the kid is where the ball is, and has great hands.....you've got to think there is room on the roster for someone like him.

You and me both.

Take pix :)

Agreed. i'm not about to annoint him as the 2nd coming, but he showed enough to make this team this year and to be given a larger role than what he had last night. At the very least, I could see him as a starting kick returner and 5th or 6th WR behind Nicks, Smith, Manningham, Barden, and Hagan.

Moss needs to get the fuck out....sooner than later.

Personally, I think Manningham kind of sucks. The man cannot run a route to save his life. Drops passes, too.

If Victor Cruz can repeat his performance the rest of the preseason, I'd say he has a pretty good chance at sticking. He's already shown more than Moss has in his time with the team. That being said, I'd be shocked if Moss gets cut over Cruz. The team is still more in love with their second round draft pick than I think is warranted. Maybe they are thinking he is going to turn into Santana.