SportsWrath

I am ashamed

boohyah

I was in Ireland while the Vikings game was on, and I didn't get to see it. I feel less of a Giants fan. :(

And now, I'm back, amongst all you "real" Giant fans, and Eagle Trolls and I feel unworthy. :(

It's a terrible feeling. :cwy:

And yet..........

Not quite as bad as it must be............

to be a fan of this team -------------> Dallas-Cowboys-Logo.gif

:LMAO::LMAO: ------------>220px-Jerry_jones_owner_dallas_cowboys.jpg

:LMAO::LMAO: -------------->200px-Tony_Romo.jpg

Okay, now I feel better. :)

I can top that.... I'm so ashamed of this I rarely tell this to anyone... Been a diehard Giants fan since I could practically walk. Seriously my journals from Kindergarden (sp?) through 2nd grade from school were loaded with pictures of my favorite football team (The Giants) or mention of them on practically every page.... I was even told to "talk about something else sometimes" - my mom saved them.... Well from about the age of 8 until 21 I never missed a game (I sat through some awful seasons but managed to watch every game). Last year, my last year of college I went on a study abroad inbetween semesters (fall and spring) and did a one month 2 class course in Turkey and Greece. I didn't think the Giants would do anything after going to the Giants-Skins games a few weeks before, but even if they were hot at the time I was locked in to the trip months before the playoffs even started. So.... I go there expecting to get football games and not one single place in the whole country gets them... So I'm pissed (I tell my gf to tape the Tampa game and the Giants win). I go out drinking the night of the Cowboys game (not at all expecting a win) but getting updates through my phone (500 dollar bill in 1 month) by texting to 4-Info to get score updates... They win and I'm bouncing off the walls (Missing my 2nd Giants game in like 15 years in back to back weeks in the most exciting time of Giants football ever). Then the GB game comes and I just know their going to pull it off. The game started at around 5Am turkey time so I couldn't even text updates for the game. I wake up immediately blurry eyed and text Giants to 4-Info. I get back that they won in overtime. Now I'm freaking out (My Giants have gotten to the superbowl and I have missed the entire run after never missing a game).... I frantically call my parents trying to arrange an early flight home (our flight leaves during the game) and I am dying to catch the game.... They refuse cuz the extra fees would be astronomical and I couldn't pay them myself. So I sit on the computer in the hotel lobby following the game until halftime and its close... We are 30 minutes away from getting that ring if we can pull it out... Well we get on the freaking bus to the airport.... no games on any TV in the airport and I drunkenly dropped my phone in the toilet a few days earlier so I have no way of getting updates... I get on the plane and theres a guy with a PATS jersey on and he tells me Pats are winning with under a minute to go. So I am beyond depressed. We catch a connecting flight to Germany and I sleep on the ground of the airport furious that my Giants (in my opinion) had lost such a close game to the best offense ever in the NFL. I am awaken to a few of my friends (who know I am a diehard fan telling me the Giants won) - I don't believe it. The game has been over for like 5 hours and I was so convinced we lost I didn't even ask for a final score from anyone. I don't believe it - I have to see it with my own eyes. I confirm it on someones computer, catch the 10+ hour plane ride home (having missed the entire run) and drive home from Philadelphia off of practically no sleep in the past 48 hours and go to the parade next day.... Craziest few days of my life... I got all the games taped for me but I missed out on the entire run! I need to witness a repeat this year!!!! Sorry for the long story - Thought you guys would enjoy it.

I can top that.... I'm so ashamed of this I rarely tell this to anyone... Been a diehard Giants fan since I could practically walk. Seriously my journals from Kindergarden (sp?) through 2nd grade from school were loaded with pictures of my favorite football team (The Giants) or mention of them on practically every page.... I was even told to "talk about something else sometimes" - my mom saved them.... Well from about the age of 8 until 21 I never missed a game (I sat through some awful seasons but managed to watch every game). Last year, my last year of college I went on a study abroad inbetween semesters (fall and spring) and did a one month 2 class course in Turkey and Greece. I didn't think the Giants would do anything after going to the Giants-Skins games a few weeks before, but even if they were hot at the time I was locked in to the trip months before the playoffs even started. So.... I go there expecting to get football games and not one single place in the whole country gets them... So I'm pissed (I tell my gf to tape the Tampa game and the Giants win). I go out drinking the night of the Cowboys game (not at all expecting a win) but getting updates through my phone (500 dollar bill in 1 month) by texting to 4-Info to get score updates... They win and I'm bouncing off the walls (Missing my 2nd Giants game in like 15 years in back to back weeks in the most exciting time of Giants football ever). Then the GB game comes and I just know their going to pull it off. The game started at around 5Am turkey time so I couldn't even text updates for the game. I wake up immediately blurry eyed and text Giants to 4-Info. I get back that they won in overtime. Now I'm freaking out (My Giants have gotten to the superbowl and I have missed the entire run after never missing a game).... I frantically call my parents trying to arrange an early flight home (our flight leaves during the game) and I am dying to catch the game.... They refuse cuz the extra fees would be astronomical and I couldn't pay them myself. So I sit on the computer in the hotel lobby following the game until halftime and its close... We are 30 minutes away from getting that ring if we can pull it out... Well we get on the freaking bus to the airport.... no games on any TV in the airport and I drunkenly dropped my phone in the toilet a few days earlier so I have no way of getting updates... I get on the plane and theres a guy with a PATS jersey on and he tells me Pats are winning with under a minute to go. So I am beyond depressed. We catch a connecting flight to Germany and I sleep on the ground of the airport furious that my Giants (in my opinion) had lost such a close game to the best offense ever in the NFL. I am awaken to a few of my friends (who know I am a diehard fan telling me the Giants won) - I don't believe it. The game has been over for like 5 hours and I was so convinced we lost I didn't even ask for a final score from anyone. I don't believe it - I have to see it with my own eyes. I confirm it on someones computer, catch the 10+ hour plane ride home (having missed the entire run) and drive home from Philadelphia off of practically no sleep in the past 48 hours and go to the parade next day.... Craziest few days of my life... I got all the games taped for me but I missed out on the entire run! I need to witness a repeat this year!!!! Sorry for the long story - Thought you guys would enjoy it.

TL;DR

lol speak of the devil.

He just came back and read my 'cowboys tie record' thread, then left.

You're no fun anymore eggy.

In all honesty, I was just released from the hospital after going there on X-Mas day. I cut my finger while clearing ice away from a car wheel on the 24th. The cut was very small - maybe the size of a single letter if you typed in a normal font. Unfortunatly I got some type of infection that required 2 different types of IV antibiodics several times every day for over a week, and will need 2-6 weeks worth of 2 different types of oral antibiodics. They initially thought surgery was going to be the only way to stop it. Moral of the story is that if you cut your hand/finger and it begins swelling get treated immediately. There is no fat in the fingers, so there is very little protecting the bone, ligaments/tendons, and blood stream.

Anyway, it takes me way to long to type responses to anything. I hope to be in better shape by the time the Giants are eliminated from the playoffs, and all of the "back-to-back " fantasies go up in smoke. Which will most likely be Monday. :o

In all honesty, I was just released from the hospital after going there on X-Mas day. I cut my finger while clearing ice away from a car wheel on the 24th. The cut was very small - maybe the size of a single letter if you typed in a normal font. Unfortunatly I got some type of infection that required 2 different types of IV antibiodics several times every day for over a week, and will need 2-6 weeks worth of 2 different types of oral antibiodics. They initially thought surgery was going to be the only way to stop it. Moral of the story is that if you cut your hand/finger and it begins swelling get treated immediately. There is no fat in the fingers, so there is very little protecting the bone, ligaments/tendons, and blood stream.

Anyway, it takes me way to long to type responses to anything. I hope to be in better shape by the time the Giants are eliminated from the playoffs, and all of the "back-to-back " fantasies go up in smoke. Which will most likely be Monday. :o

thats some excuse, youre a fat kitten

well thank god for that - not for your illness/hospitalization (the dog doesn't wish that on anyone...even Bigblue), but if you were out any longer, no doubt people would start accusing the dog of not bringing you out (as part of that whole alter-ego you and the dog are the same person extravaganza that well, maybe two people still believe here), and that is just tiresome...

well thank god for that - not for your illness/hospitalization (the dog doesn't wish that on anyone...even Bigblue), but if you were out any longer, no doubt people would start accusing the dog of not bringing you out (as part of that whole alter-ego you and the dog are the same person extravaganza that well, maybe two people still believe here), and that is just tiresome...

you dont think its odd that "you two" are never logged in at the same time?

Youre mean, I havent heard anything that mean in 12 years. Well, besides all the cowboys not making the playoffs jokes in that time. Those were funny. :)

You sound like an AIDS patient. Wouldn't surprise me coming from the land of steers, queers n' tears.

Sorry for failing to muster any sympathy.

you dont think its odd that "you two" are never logged in at the same time?

not the case at all, which the dog and many others can point out...what is funny is that people find it hard to believe that two non-giant fans would often share the same opinions...the dog supposses it is much easier for everyone to just believe that someone takes the time to set up two accounts and toggle back and forth regularly on a message board...

not the case at all, which the dog and many others can point out...what is funny is that people find it hard to believe that two non-giant fans would often share the same opinions...the dog supposses it is much easier for everyone to just believe that someone takes the time to set up two accounts and toggle back and forth regularly on a message board...

Oh, is that how you do it?

Dog, I can say I've never believed you two were one entity. I'm certain that you are two different, totally independent, posters both posting from different asylums.

Dog, I can say I've never believed you two were one entity. I'm certain that you are two different, totally independent, posters both posting from different asylums.

well, the dog has to hand it to you...that was funny stuff.

Well, if this is true, I hope you get better soon. Don't think much of your trolling, but it is just a message board, so I'm not about to wish you ill/dead/horribly disfigured/chopped up and placed in your inlaw's basement freezer with you wife's previous husband.

Here, I'll even try to cheer you up:

Multiple choice.

What do you call a cowboy with a superbowl ring?

a) retired;

b) "grandpa;"

c) by his prison number;

d) all of the above

Thanks, don't forget to tip your waitress, er... or whoever it is that brings you snausages.

OK, now you took it one step beyond...the dog is reminded of costanza who wasn't able to leave them on a high note...