SportsWrath

No Romo for Giants game next week...

Allstarjim

Link-ESPN

A break for the Giants. The statue of Brad Johnson will make a much easier target for Tuck and Co. than the shifty Romo. We have to shut down the run and play some bump and run and I think we will do great.

I wish a healthy Romo was playing. I'm sorry, but I don't want to win against them without the cowboys being in full strenght.

Sorry, how old do you have to be to have actually seen Staubach play?

Staubach played up till the early 80's before giving over reins to Danny White and Gary Hogeboom. Both very tasty targets for LT. LT also popped Staubach a couple of times as things wound down for him. Late 30's is old enough to have seen him play and understand what you were looking at.

Staubach played up till the early 80's before giving over reins to Danny White and Gary Hogeboom. Both very tasty targets for LT. LT also popped Staubach a couple of times as things wound down for him. Late 30's is old enough to have seen him play and understand what you were looking at.

Roger Staubachs last year was 1979 at 37 years old, one of his last great moments was a big comeback win against the Skins and Theisman 35-34 on the last day of the season to win the East. I hardly remember him being 34, but I remember the aura of the Cowboys of the late 70s and he certainly was the face of that team. Wonder why he retired at 37 after a great 79 and pro bowl year?

As for LT, well he was a rookie in 1981, so you must be thinking of the vicious hits he use to put on White, Hogeboom and later Steve Pelluer.

One cool thing to think about is that Phil Simms started his first regular season game in 79 vs STaubach and his last regular season game(not counting playoffs) in 93 against Aikman.

Roger Staubachs last year was 1979 at 37 years old, one of his last great moments was a big comeback win against the Skins and Theisman 35-34 on the last day of the season to win the East. I hardly remember him being 34, but I remember the aura of the Cowboys of the late 70s and he certainly was the face of that team. Wonder why he retired at 37 after a great 79 and pro bowl year?

As for LT, well he was a rookie in 1981, so you must be thinking of the vicious hits he use to put on White, Hogeboom and later Steve Pelluer.

One cool thing to think about is that Phil Simms started his first regular season game in 79 vs STaubach and his last regular season game(not counting playoffs) in 93 against Aikman.

Now that I think about it....I was thinking about the 81 game that vaulted us into the Playoffs; and it was against Dallas....Jesus I could have sworn that was Staubach we were playing against. I guess it was Danny White. LOL!!! Memory is the first thing to go.