SportsWrath

Jerome McDougle !

UK-Giantsfan

so if we sign Jerome McDougle .......who do we cut ....?

my guess is Leslie i suppose .....but perhaps it could be Droughns , Tollefson , Ware or Wynn !

what are your thoughts ?

can Spags make some use of this Philly reject ?

Surprised Philly cut him, I heard he was having a pretty good camp, But according to SI the Eagles D is equilvalent to the fucking Rams fearsome foursome. Sorry still pissed about SI, and probably will be until the Eagles go 6-10 and SI devotes an entire issue about why they would pick the Eagles to go the Super Bowl and then offer many many apologizes

McDougle deal is now done according to Garafolo !

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/08..._de_mcdoug.html

Wasn't he touted as a steal by the Eagles when he was drafted? Has he been a disappointment or is the Eagles' line is better than the the 2007-8 Giants'?

Why do I feel this guy is going to flourish under Spags? Could be wishful thinking on my part.. who knows.

Umm, in 5 seasons, this guy only has 3 career sacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Why did we sign him again?

The guy has been plagued with injuries and remember he's the guy who got shot in the stomach a few years back.

There's very little risk here

From what I've read there apparently was just no room for Mcdougle on the Eagles roster. They have a ton of DE's. He was having a real good camp and preseason. I'm not expecting the second coming of Strahan but the more and more I read about his play this summer the more I like this signing.

i remember wanting the Giants to draft him...

I remember the same. I remember cursing at the TV when the Eagles snared him just ahead of the Giants. I also remember that I was happy William Joseph was at least still on the board so we could still get a good defensive lineman...that of course turned out to be a bust as Joseph was an uninspired player.

What a funny draft (2003). We had the 25th pick in the first round and the Eagles made a bunch of trades to move up to 15 to snatch McDougle ahead of us because they knew we had targeted him and needed a DE more than a DT. Then in the next round I screamed bloody murder because we drafted a DE that I had never heard of - his name was unpronouncable and Kipper was laughing at the Giants for burning their second round pick on a player that could've been picked up in the 5th or 6th round and perhaps even as an undrafted free agent. I was furious because highly touted DE Nick Eason was still on the board and had been projected to be a first round pick and we passed on him (lucky for us as he ended up getting waived and playing in Europe before finally making a practice squad for 1 year). That player we got stuck with of course, was none other than Osi Umenyura! Still....here it is 5 years later and Joseph is a multi-millionaire as an underachieving DT for Oakland, Eason is flipping burgers somewhere, and McDougle gets picked up for a song by the Giants and Osi is out for the season. After the Osi pick....I learned to backoff and have a little faith in the Giants' scouts rather than read a bunch of shit from magazines about who was great and who wasn't. I learned more from that single draft than any other.

It will be interesting to see if the Giants can get the best out of McDougle. I have to believe that it's a spit in his face by the Eagles to cut him the way they did which in itself is a huge motivator most the time. I also believe that Spags will be pickin this guys brains by the hours to get some insight into the Eagle's defensive schemes - that alone should piss off the Eagles that the Giants are the ones who picked him up. Hell, at a million dollars a year, perhaps that's all the Giants really wanted out of McDougle - an inside look at the Eagles' defensive strategies.

I remember the same. I remember cursing at the TV when the Eagles snared him just ahead of the Giants. I also remember that I was happy William Joseph was at least still on the board so we could still get a good defensive lineman...that of course turned out to be a bust as Joseph was an uninspired player.

What a funny draft (2003). We had the 25th pick in the first round and the Eagles made a bunch of trades to move up to 15 to snatch McDougle ahead of us because they knew we had targeted him and needed a DE more than a DT. Then in the next round I screamed bloody murder because we drafted a DE that I had never heard of - his name was unpronouncable and Kipper was laughing at the Giants for burning their second round pick on a player that could've been picked up in the 5th or 6th round and perhaps even as an undrafted free agent. I was furious because highly touted DE Nick Eason was still on the board and had been projected to be a first round pick and we passed on him (lucky for us as he ended up getting waived and playing in Europe before finally making a practice squad for 1 year). That player we got stuck with of course, was none other than Osi Umenyura! Still....here it is 5 years later and Joseph is a multi-millionaire as an underachieving DT for Oakland, Eason is flipping burgers somewhere, and McDougle gets picked up for a song by the Giants and Osi is out for the season. After the Osi pick....I learned to backoff and have a little faith in the Giants' scouts rather than read a bunch of shit from magazines about who was great and who wasn't. I learned more from that single draft than any other.

It will be interesting to see if the Giants can get the best out of McDougle. I have to believe that it's a spit in his face by the Eagles to cut him the way they did which in itself is a huge motivator most the time. I also believe that Spags will be pickin this guys brains by the hours to get some insight into the Eagle's defensive schemes - that alone should piss off the Eagles that the Giants are the ones who picked him up. Hell, at a million dollars a year, perhaps that's all the Giants really wanted out of McDougle - an inside look at the Eagles' defensive strategies.

Spagnolou worked there for years and is a Jim Johnson disciple, I hardly think they need Jerome McDougle and his 3 career sacks to find out what the Eagles are doing, something tells me Steve and his coaches have that under control.

This is a nice pick if nothng else it adds to the depth of the Dline.

Spagnolou worked there for years and is a Jim Johnson disciple, I hardly think they need Jerome McDougle and his 3 career sacks to find out what the Eagles are doing, something tells me Steve and his coaches have that under control.

This is a nice pick if nothng else it adds to the depth of the Dline.

I'm sure that Spags knows a lot about how Johnson thinks after working for him for years, but every coach continually updates their strategies so as not to become predictable. AFter last years debacle in which the Giants d-line pummeled McNabb over and over, I'm sure Marty Mornhinweg has made some changes accordingly and McDougle should have a lot of insight as to those schemes to try and stop the Giants pass rush.

Regardless, any inside information on a team in the same division is a resource to be tapped and a luxury.