SportsWrath

brett Favre.......

TrashTalker92

can't believe no one posted this.... is he for reals??.. i don't care if he comes back or not. It does suck to be praise as a GOD in greenbay for so many years and to end your career with your last pass being a INT by the Giants... but on the other side,, it's not fare for Rogers, the kids been sitting there waiting for his turn.. what you guys think??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

If you watched his press conference where he talked about retiring you can see that it was killing him inside to say those words. The guy came off one of the best seasons he ever had and hearing about the Packers with Arron Rodgers must be eating at him inside. He should'nt of retired so quickly, should of taken it up to mini camp then should of decided. I hope this doesn't put a stain on his career.

He should have never retired. The Packers will probably grant his release so he can sign somewhere else.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he came back and played for the Packers, but I would be very surprised if he played for another team.

I think he should continue with the wrangler ads and run for President in '12.

But seriously guys, if he ran for governor of Wisconsin, what percentage of the vote do you think he'd get, 85%?

I wouldn't be too surprised if he came back and played for the Packers, but I would be very surprised if he played for another team.

I think he should continue with the wrangler ads and run for President in '12.

But seriously guys, if he ran for governor of Wisconsin, what percentage of the vote do you think he'd get, 85%?

I wouldnt be surprised if it were 100%.

Hell....there was a poll in Wisconsin that asked "If you could cheat on your spouse and get away with it, who would it be?"

98% of the women in Wisconsin said "Favre".......but only 77% of the men in Wisconsin said Farve!

He's a HOF'r, so he doesn't have to be fair to Rogers. Who's surprised that he came back; he hasn't really left anything.

The only thing that irritates me about this isn't that he'll be bad for football (clearly not), but the he doesn't have enough sense to stop making announcements about his retirement; he's the one that stoked these flames for years; shouldn't have even brought it up whatsoever.

Now think if he comes back and then really retires; we'll all have to hear the farewell again and then a full off-season of speculation and then the ongoing calls for his Testeverde-like returns for competitive teams in need.

The only thing saving us from the worst is that he' already quite old, so time is a factor for him. He should let it go before his ending is worse that a Corey Webster pick. Besides they wouldn't have beaten the Pats anyways.

I for one am tired of this Brett Farve mess! I got 4 words for Brett: "Sit yo' azz DOWN!"

You could be right. I thought the difference in that game was Favre no longer wanting anything to do with the cold. It just seemed to bother him more than it did Eli.

You could be right. I thought the difference in that game was Favre no longer wanting anything to do with the cold. It just seemed to bother him more than it did Eli.

Watching the Giants/Packers game again....Brett Favre was suffering. He couldn't get his face gear right after each play, his nose was running he didn't show too much excitement (minus the 90 yd pass for a TD). You are right...I did see that Eli wasn't bothered much by the cold.

it's pretty clear when tynes set up for that 36 yard field goal that favre checked out mentally in the game.

I've had enough of him. poor rodgers.

Yeah he seemed to not care either way. If he returns they need to say thanks but no thanks. GB needs to move on and with that young and talented team it would be much more of an advantage to start Rodgers now.

yeah if im rodgers and favre comes back im demanding a trade. it's bad enough this dude was supposed to be the number 1 pick and fell as far as he did, but now he's gotta put up with this crap?

This puts Green Bay in a no-win situation:

Un-retire Favre for what, one more season?....one more distracting farewell tour, and a vote of no confidence in Rodgers.

Let Favre sign with another team?....I'm sure Packer Backers would love seeing Favre in different uniform.

Give Favre the stiff-arm?....again, not likely to please the Packers fans...especially if Rodgers struggles.

This puts Green Bay in a no-win situation:

Un-retire Favre for what, one more season?....one more distracting farewell tour, and a vote of no confidence in Rodgers.

Let Favre sign with another team?....I'm sure Packer Backers would love seeing Favre in different uniform.

Give Favre the stiff-arm?....again, not likely to please the Packers fans...especially if Rodgers struggles.

You're dead right; they're fucked any which way...unless Brett 'returns' in a coaching role.

Favre is denying this btw

He denies it every time the possibility of him coming back comes up. That's twice this offseason he denied. Peter King said he's spoke to McCarthy about coming back.

Aaron Rodgers has Favre's face on his dartboard with a note that says, "will fold when it's cold".

I can't stand Favre, never have. Always felt he was overated.

"Today in NFL news, Brett Favre has signed a contract with the Oakland Raiders. The contract is reported to be a one day, 185 million dollar contract, the terms of the contract were released. Favre will be paid this one day contract to ejaculate on JaMarcus Russell's forehead, Al Davis commented on the contract. "We wanted to bring in Favre to bust a nut on Russell's forehead in an attempt to give him some of #4 greatness". John Madden was also quoted with saying "If if if if if we could get Favre to ejaculated on anyone who who who who has Cancer...BOOM they would be cured". More information to follow."

He denies it every time the possibility of him coming back comes up. That's twice this offseason he denied. Peter King said he's spoke to McCarthy about coming back.

Aaron Rodgers has Favre's face on his dartboard with a note that says, "will fold when it's cold".

I can't stand Favre, never have. Always felt he was overated.

I concur and he reminds me of Collins. Can be very good but is also a liability at times. How many times has Favre lost a game because he is forcing the ball in as usual. I think GB would have had few more SB appearances, or at least NFC championship games, if Favre was more consistent. Really GB needs to try and move on just like the 49ers did with Montana or Jordan and the Bulls. Sometimes you just have to know when to let the veterans out to pasture and Favre needs to just stop wasting GB's time. They are a young team that need to move on, no matter how much better Favre is compared to Rodgers. Considering they drafted Brohm and Flynn I don't think GB wants on this Favre confusion ride anymore.