SportsWrath

Giants seeking out DeAngelo Hall

NeMesiS

I'm not. If we get him for a 1st rounder and something small next to it, it's a no brainer. We've been susciptable (sp) to the deep pass for years now. There are games when our pass rush isn't there. And we have the cap room to land 2 solid players.

I will now pay more attention to the Vilma thread.

There are some red flags raised about him. 45 yards in penalties ON THREE CONSECUTIVE PLAYS! That is ridiculous. Lucky for us is we have a great foundation of leadership on defense that wouldn't put up with his shit. That's what has me more in tune to the idea.

And if he's really looking for 10 million a year, that's gonna be really hard to pay. Especially when we have other issues.

man, I hope you're wrong. But it's looking like it more and more.

I'm kind of happy too. It shows that Reese isn't going to be over-paying no matter what the circumstance is. I like his stance.

I remember after the Patriots started to win Super Bowls, every year people were saying their secondary was done after cutting Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy. But they kept on finding viable replacements for cheaper. We can do the same thing.

Wilson's not coming back.

There's no doubt in my mind Reese will do his best to sign him for the right amount of money. If teams want to overpay him, so be it. The Giants won as a team.. and anyone is replaceable.

There's no doubt in my mind Reese will do his best to sign him for the right amount of money. If teams want to overpay him, so be it. The Giants won as a team.. and anyone is replaceable.

No doubt he'll at least try to get him back for the right price. But that's the thing, there's no way he signs here for the right price.

In a crappy market for a big position, he'll be getting a lot.

No doubt he'll at least try to get him back for the right price. But that's the thing, there's no way he signs here for the right price.

In a crappy market for a big position, he'll be getting a lot.

Well he's a middle of the pack safety. That shouldn't be too hard to overcome.

This would be a wet dream.

dont even pull out the cum rag. he wants to be a saint and the coaches want him in New Orleans, and they have plenty of cap room. I do however believe he would be a better fit in NY. He is a selfish locker room shit starter, and the Saints have shown that they cannot motivate players who have strong personalities. The giants have proved through the years that they can handle such drama and overcome it. I cruise these saints boards and mention people like hall, Moss (last year), and others and get blasted because they are not "payton players" these clowns want every player on the team to eat all their vegatables, go to church every sunday, walk old ladies across the street, and essentially be the biggest fucking pussies they can be. if you guys ever want a good laugh you should surf a couple saints mb's. talk about dillusional.

It's extremely hard to blame Wilson if he asks for the moon. He's got his superbowl, the Giants had their chance last year to sign him for a longer deal and didn't. He could go to another team and be the man. He's in a great situation. I hope we sign him, but I think that the more Gibril asks for , the more Jerry Reese is going to think "Hmmm, that Michael Johnson kid is good".

It's extremely hard to blame Wilson if he asks for the moon. He's got his superbowl, the Giants had their chance last year to sign him for a longer deal and didn't. He could go to another team and be the man. He's in a great situation. I hope we sign him, but I think that the more Gibril asks for , the more Jerry Reese is going to think "Hmmm, that Michael Johnson kid is good".

We may have a star in waiting... I'm optimistic about this kid's potential.

Agree with you yet again, Boo. I think in this situation the SB win works against us, since he no longer has as much need to stay on a winning team. He's got the Superbowl, now he can go for the money. He's probably going to get a HUGE payday considering the state of FA, and that probably wasn't in his dreams being picked as a 5th rounder.

It will suck trying to replace him, but I can't say that I blame him.

Agree with you yet again, Boo. I think in this situation the SB win works against us, since he no longer has as much need to stay on a winning team. He's got the Superbowl, now he can go for the money. He's probably going to get a HUGE payday considering the state of FA, and that probably wasn't in his dreams being picked as a 5th rounder.

It will suck trying to replace him, but I can't say that I blame him.

Eh, while you make a good argument here, I feel this is one of those.. the Grass is Greener on the other side kind of things. Wilson is a mediocre safety and should be signed to a contract that fit that description. If a team want to spend a huge amount of money on him, they better pray they have our Pass Rush...

I can't stand players having no loyalty to the team that drafted them and nourished them. It's not like these guys are playing for minimum wage. At some point, a player has to reach a point where "money ain't a thing"... assuming they're not spending that money on "how I'm living" and showing people what kind of lavish life style they have.. when the back account has less than 5 digits.

Anyone who thinks we couldn't use a corner like HALL is smoking some serious herbage.

Ross and Webster were successful because we got so much pressure on qb's, not because they played great coverage. Their coverage was good enough, but definately not great. They would've been exposed had we no pass rush.

LOL!!! You know it. I think he has tops one interview with Wilson with a hair lick more money....Gbril turns up his nose....and Reese ushers him to the door and calls Johnson into the room to discuss the weather. :P

Anyone who thinks we couldn't use a corner like HALL is smoking some serious herbage.

Ross and Webster were successful because we got so much pressure on qb's, not because they played great coverage. Their coverage was good enough, but definately not great. They would've been exposed had we no pass rush.

You could say that about most corners in the league. I look at the GB game as the deciding factor. Farve had lots of time on many of those plays, and still got shut down damn near the entire second half. And Ross played tremendous, especialy for a rookie. Web played very well against the top 3 offenses in the league, either you can do that or you cant. Do we still have Pope?? That kid played pretty good to against Dallas.

Still thinking about it, Hall would make our defense sick. Put Web in the nickle, and rotate Madison in from time to time. Though I doubt Reese finds a way to bring him in. Even if he cant, Im more than fine with the guys we have back there.

As I'm reading this all I can picture is Webster looking like Galloway's shadow.

Peter Kings note about Hall: (take it for what it's worth).

4. I'm warning you about DeAngelo Hall, Giants. And I'm warning you other suitors: Don't overpay for this man. A good beat guy on the Giants, Mike Garofolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York is considering trading its first-round pick, 31st overall, for Hall, who wants out of Atlanta so bad he'd walk to East Rutherford.

I can say two good things about Hall: He's a cornerback with guts, and he's only 24 years old. But coaches and some former teammates who've been around him think he's an immature risk-taker and not a team guy; I saw him throw some cheap shots in a training-camp brawl two years ago.

In my informal canvassing of personnel people over the last three days, I've gotten some incredulous looks about the report that the Giants might deal a low first-rounder for Hall. The reaction: Tom Coughlin would be playing with fire. Playing with fire is worth it for, say, a low third-rounder. But with the startling success of the G-men last year in the draft -- they drafted eight players, and all not only made the team, but also were active for at least one playoff game in New York's Super Bowl run -- it's much smarter to let your personnel staff find a good-citizen corner with a bright upside.

That would be miles better than to trade for a wiseacre who last year reamed out his head coach on the sideline after taking multiple personal-foul penalties against Carolina. I think Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff would be doing well to get a third-rounder for Hall, whose exit is a must for new coach Mike Smith to start fresh with a good locker room.

Eh, while you make a good argument here, I feel this is one of those.. the Grass is Greener on the other side kind of things. Wilson is a mediocre safety and should be signed to a contract that fit that description. If a team want to spend a huge amount of money on him, they better pray they have our Pass Rush...

I can't stand players having no loyalty to the team that drafted them and nourished them. It's not like these guys are playing for minimum wage. At some point, a player has to reach a point where "money ain't a thing"... assuming they're not spending that money on "how I'm living" and showing people what kind of lavish life style they have.. when the back account has less than 5 digits.

Wilson is much better than you give him credit for and he will get paid accordingly. You don't get bandied about as one of the best FA for being mediocre.