SportsWrath

Giants seeking out DeAngelo Hall

NeMesiS

Well, I'd like to get some other issues out of the way first before landing him. Thinks like pacifying Osi and Stra (I think the 2 should get the same amount as Tuck.. as he's an equally capable DE.... but that's another topic.

im with you 100%. those guys come first, but if we can retain these guys and add hall, why not? we're not rebuilding, we're a superbowl championship team--if we can get better NEXT season at the expense of a pick or two i don't think we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot. now if we were the dolphins? i'd be 100% against it, one cb at 10 mil a season on a lousy team (w/ or w/o him) is a waste of money and the picks are more valuable.

So favre had a decent game then? Regardless of the reason, he had a good game?

:rolleyes:

You can't have it both ways man. If he had a good game, it was at the expense of Webster, if he had a bad game it can't be because of Web's coverage.

I don't want to take anything away from what anybody did in the playoffs, but I'm not sold on Webster starting. I like Ross but I think getting a premiere cb is top of our need list.

I'd rather gamble with draft picks at lb, ol, rb, and s. Get a solid veteran cb in free agency.

He had a bad game, CAUSE of our COVERAGE. Same as any QB would have. It isnt Farves fault that his WR"S couldnt get open. If they were getting open, and he couldnt hit them, then you could blame it on Farve, but thats not the case. Hall isnt worth 2 high picks. FA is not the way to build a team.

While I agree getting Hall would be great, but dont you think Web and Ross are good where they are and we should be looking for a big name LB or a safety with Mitchell and/Wilson looking like they might not be back?

That's the point I raised earlier... is that we should first lock up our guys first. Once we know who's in and who isn't, we can now make moves in the FA market.

He had a bad game, CAUSE of our COVERAGE. Same as any QB would have. It isnt Farves fault that his WR"S couldnt get open. If they were getting open, and he couldnt hit them, then you could blame it on Farve, but thats not the case. Hall isnt worth 2 high picks. FA is not the way to build a team.

Well, this isn't free agency, this would be atrade. Normally I would agree, but Hall is a proven commadity at like 24 years old.

Jesus. Favre had a bad game. You said it. I said it. So what the fuck were we arguing about?

Oh yes, because I said Favre had a bad game and you disagreed. :rolleyes:

Favre was OFF. Good coverage or no good coverage. Anyone who's seen the man play before could tell you that.

He looked like there were a million other places he would rather be. And if there was one person getting open (Driver), it was usually at the expense of Web.

I didn't say anything about building the team via free agency(why do we have to BUILD? We're losing one or two starters and we just won the superbowl :confused: ). I mentioned one position. And it's a position that's been killing us since the Wills left us. It's much easier to nab a shutdown corner in fa than it is to discover one in the draft. It's that simple.

Take away our pass rush and everyone here would be screaming for this trade.

Jesus. Favre had a bad game. You said it. I said it. So what the fuck were we arguing about?

Oh yes, because I said Favre had a bad game and you disagreed. :rolleyes:

Favre was OFF. Good coverage or no good coverage. Anyone who's seen the man play before could tell you that.

He looked like there were a million other places he would rather be. And if there was one person getting open (Driver), it was usually at the expense of Web.

I didn't say anything about building the team via free agency(why do we have to BUILD? We're losing one or two starters and we just won the superbowl :confused: ). I mentioned one position. And it's a position that's been killing us since the Wills left us. It's much easier to nab a shutdown corner in fa than it is to discover one in the draft. It's that simple.

Take away our pass rush and everyone here would be screaming for this trade.

Methinks you are correct, particularly about this point. But JayD also has a point. A lot of times there was just nowhere to go with the football. I see what you're saying about not giving Web the keys yet, but he gave me so much hope in that playoff run because he was just blanketing guys. On that last play in the SuperBowl he was stride for stride with Moss and deflected that pass, that was a stellar play that did not get the recognition it deserved. I believe Reese said something to this effect, as well... for him to go stride for stride with Moss on a deep pattern and out fight him like that on a fast track, no less, that says that this kid has the ABILITY to be very, very good.

Methinks you are correct, particularly about this point. But JayD also has a point. A lot of times there was just nowhere to go with the football. I see what you're saying about not giving Web the keys yet, but he gave me so much hope in that playoff run because he was just blanketing guys. On that last play in the SuperBowl he was stride for stride with Moss and deflected that pass, that was a stellar play that did not get the recognition it deserved. I believe Reese said something to this effect, as well... for him to go stride for stride with Moss on a deep pattern and out fight him like that on a fast track, no less, that says that this kid has the ABILITY to be very, very good.

Yeah I see his point. Ross and Web both played well. Especially in the postseason, but neither one of them (yet) are like Hall. He can be an island with good receivers whereas Ross and Web are relying a good pass rush and pressing at the line. It's not so much good coverage as it is knocking the qb/wr out of timing.

If we stick with Ross and Web, we'll live and die with our pressure, and although everything was clicking for the superbowl, we'd be so lucky to get a continuation of that.