SportsWrath

Giants seeking out DeAngelo Hall

NeMesiS

I'm pretty upbeat about Johnson.. even though he's seen limited time.. I like what I've seen so far.

I'm still iffy on the kid, I still think we should draft a safety with our first pick either to replace Wilson or to compete with a spot across from him.

But whoever the coaches decided on, I'll be behind them 100%

pacman is more talented then Hall. Plus he's a hellava kick returner also.

Hall is just less of a dumbass.

Pacman was a good CB but everyone made him out to be great because he could return kicks, it was like with Hester. Hester was a subpar CB but yet everyone said he was a good because he could return kicks.

I'd take Hall over Pacman any day in terms of being a CB. Not to mention Pacman is not going to last in this league, he cant stop hitting the female type and I doubt that will ever change.

Pacman was a good CB but everyone made him out to be great because he could return kicks, it was like with Hester. Hester was a subpar CB but yet everyone said he was a good because he could return kicks.

I'd take Hall over Pacman any day in terms of being a CB. Not to mention Pacman is not going to last in this league, he cant stop hitting the female type and I doubt that will ever change.

You guys realize that apart from the pacman is better than Hall comment, that I'm joking?

Just curious, by why wouldn't they try to move Sam Madison to safety ala Ronnie Lott? He's still a good corner back, who is losing a step, and speed plays a smaller role at safety, compared to CB, right? You keep that experience/leadership on the field if you can do that.

This deal would be as good as you can get from a talent standpoint. Hall completely can shut down one side of the field, with our pass rush the big plays from the secondary could be great with Hall.

With that said, Is he going to be a jackass?

This deal would be as good as you can get from a talent standpoint. Hall completely can shut down one side of the field, with our pass rush the big plays from the secondary could be great with Hall.

I don't remember Hall being a jackass with Jim Mora Jr as the head coach,

but I know he was a dick with Bobby Petrino....can you really blame him?

Just curious, by why wouldn't they try to move Sam Madison to safety ala Ronnie Lott? He's still a good corner back, who is losing a step, and speed plays a smaller role at safety, compared to CB, right? You keep that experience/leadership on the field if you can do that.

I was thinking the same thing. Rod Woodson went to a few Pro Bowls at safety too when he became too old/injured to be a corner. Hall would be a tremendous value with the 31st pick, IMO.

And hey... why hasn't "Shockey and a 5th" been tossed around yet? Atlanta just lost Crumpler.

I think he is just like most "cancers" or what "experts" call them, they just want to win.

The Falcons went from a winning team to a league joke, I think he is just more pissed with the fact that they arnt winning games then him being a jackass. Not to mention it seems like good players are leaving shitty teams now a days, Moss out of Oakland, Chad Johnson wants out of Cinci. Big names want to get on winning teams, not like before where whatever team you were drafted by was the team you retired with.

I was thinking the same thing. Rod Woodson went to a few Pro Bowls at safety too when he became too old/injured to be a corner. Hall would be a tremendous value with the 31st pick, IMO.

And hey... why hasn't "Shockey and a 5th" been tossed around yet? Atlanta just lost Crumpler.

Cause Reese already stated that Shockey is our guy and he's going to stay with the team.

But I am surprised some people havent started chanting this :P

I don't remember Hall being a jackass with Jim Mora Jr as the head coach,

but I know he was a dick with Bobby Petrino....can you really blame him?

Hall is a bit of a dick period. You know why he showed so much support for Vick, because he was into pit bulls himself.

He's also likes to jaw jack out there, but the top wideouts burn him. Didn't Chad Johnson tear his ass up in one game for like 4 touchdowns.

And I don't like all this clearance sale stuff that's going on in Atlanta. Honestly, you have to wonder about a team giving away half it's team in a fire sale like this. They had some real mental lightweights and trouble makers and if they were worth the effort, Atlanta would be keeping them. What other explanation could they have for this?. Atlanta got back the money on Vick, they have it to spend.

I say stay away from him. You have 5 guys on this team that are under contract that showed the last 2 months of the season they could hold their own. Jason Bell was showing promise before he got hurt. You could draft a guy in the first 2 rounds to give you some more depth if needed. Webster and Ross should be given a chance to start now, they've earned it, with Madison/Dockery backing up and McQuarters at the nickel.

Cause Reese already stated that Shockey is our guy and he's going to stay with the team.

But I am surprised some people havent started chanting this :P

Shockey and a 5th for a guy who's done exactly what since he got into the league???

Last years 5th was Boss, I Wouldn't trade him straight up for Hall.

Hall is a bit of a dick period. You know why he showed so much support for Vick, because he was into pit bulls himself.

He's also likes to jaw jack out there, but the top wideouts burn him. Didn't Chad Johnson tear his ass up in one game for like 4 touchdowns.

And I don't like all this clearance sale stuff that's going on in Atlanta. Honestly, you have to wonder about a team giving away half it's team in a fire sale like this. They had some real mental lightweights and trouble makers and if they were worth the effort, Atlanta would be keeping them. What other explanation could they have for this?. Atlanta got back the money on Vick, they have it to spend.

I say stay away from him. You have 5 guys on this team that are under contract that showed the last 2 months of the season they could hold their own. Jason Bell was showing promise before he got hurt. You could draft a guy in the first 2 rounds to give you some more depth if needed. Webster and Ross should be given a chance to start now, they've earned it, with Madison/Dockery backing up and McQuarters at the nickel.

Jason Bell wasn't on the team this year.

And no Chad Johnson didn't score 4 touchdowns against him, I looked it up. He

scored 1.

I'm on the fence with this one. I feel like we are set at CB with Web and Ross as starters, and Madison at the nickel. However, getting Hall for a 1st rounder, and maybe even a late rounder would make our defense that much better. I don't, however, like the idea you guys are kicking around about having one of our corners switching positions. I'd rather re-sign Gibril. Is this not likely to happen? We have the cap room. Somebody fill me in if I missed something. But Hall and Ross, with Web as the nickel would be an awesome set of corners. With our pass rush, we might lead the league in sacks AND INTs next year. As long as we keep Gibril, our defense will be solid next year either way.

If we do this deal, Madison should be gone. To me, Web's play has earned him a spot higher on the depth chart than Madison, and you don't keep a guy like Madison to be the 4th CB. Out of all of the candidates though, Madison would likely be the best suited to a move to safety, however, if that situation presents himself.

The Giants have a tough decision to make here. And unless Gibril is asking for the moon, the best option is to just re-sign him, and let Ross and Web stay there as starters. Then we can use our cap room for depth at offensive tackle and perhaps re-signing Kawicka Mitchell. This is the first season in a long, long time, that I haven't seen multiple glaring needs up and down the roster going into the offseason, and that's a credit to EA and Reese for the last 2 stellar drafts.

I'm on the fence with this one. I feel like we are set at CB with Web and Ross as starters, and Madison at the nickel. However, getting Hall for a 1st rounder, and maybe even a late rounder would make our defense that much better. I don't, however, like the idea you guys are kicking around about having one of our corners switching positions. I'd rather re-sign Gibril. Is this not likely to happen? We have the cap room. Somebody fill me in if I missed something. But Hall and Ross, with Web as the nickel would be an awesome set of corners. With our pass rush, we might lead the league in sacks AND INTs next year. As long as we keep Gibril, our defense will be solid next year either way.

If we do this deal, Madison should be gone. To me, Web's play has earned him a spot higher on the depth chart than Madison, and you don't keep a guy like Madison to be the 4th CB. Out of all of the candidates though, Madison would likely be the best suited to a move to safety, however, if that situation presents himself.

The Giants have a tough decision to make here. And unless Gibril is asking for the moon, the best option is to just re-sign him, and let Ross and Web stay there as starters. Then we can use our cap room for depth at offensive tackle and perhaps re-signing Kawicka Mitchell. This is the first season in a long, long time, that I haven't seen multiple glaring needs up and down the roster going into the offseason, and that's a credit to EA and Reese for the last 2 stellar drafts.

Wilson is the best Saftey available and may command money beyond what we're willing to pay.

It looks like Gibril is about to ask for the moon now that Hamlin is franchised. The Giants had a chance to lock him up last season and didn't and probably would have paid less back then. The gamble didn't work out.

It looks like Gibril is about to ask for the moon now that Hamlin is franchised. The Giants had a chance to lock him up last season and didn't and probably would have paid less back then. The gamble didn't work out.

Gibril is alot better than Hamlin, but he isn't worth more than what Bob Sanders got.

I saw DeAngelo Hall berate a teammate for intercepting a pass (which sealed their victory) that he felt was his ball. Instead of celebrating, he was actually upset. Thumbs down on this guy, we don't need him. :TD: :TD: :TD:

You are out of your mind. He can celebrate like a bitch all he wants if he plays for us like he can play.