SportsWrath

Eli, Rivers, or Big Ben?

Sephiroth

LOL... don't know if any of you noticed, but Eli handed off to a guy named Tiki Barber for the last three years, and I heard he was pretty good, too.

Defend the guy all you want. I'll still be here in two years to say "I told you so."

He DOES NOT have it.

hmmm...30 tds, 2 tds...hmmm.....

LOL... don't know if any of you noticed, but Eli handed off to a guy named Tiki Barber for the last three years, and I heard he was pretty good, too.

Defend the guy all you want. I'll still be here in two years to say "I told you so."

He DOES NOT have it.

Right now Tomilson has 30 more carries and 300+ more yards then Tiki this year.... Tiki had more carries last season and the GIANTS won the NFC East.....Interesting. Giving your best player the ball helps you win games, someone should write that down

He DOES NOT have it.

Yes but we never seem to establish the run to set up the pass. And out WR never get open and get seperation like other WRs around the league. This game is about momentum and our play calling has been anything but.

He DOES NOT have it.

Just call us you don't have to hang around.

Just call us you don't have to hang around.

I was here first. :TU:

Hey, I'm not saying that Eli isn't the only problem. The coaches suck, Plax and Shockey are both whiners who need to go (yes, I said it. Get what you can for them now), and the entire secondary needs to be overhauled.

But Eli doesn't have it either. I wish the story were different, but write it down.

• 3 months later...

You know, I dug up this old thread to see if I still felt the same way about everything... and the answer is yes.

Man, would I love it if we could unload Shockey and Plax for some draft picks and/or to move up.

And Eli still sucks.

Bump for Eli sucking! :TU:

Eli or Rivers. Ben only has a ring because of the TEAM.

Eli and Rivers both have IT.

Rivers has several advantages.

He got to sit for 2 years behind an accomplished qb.

He's got a safety outlet in Tomlinson, the best player in the game.

Better coaching.

It's too soon to say who is the better of the two.

You know, I dug up this old thread to see if I still felt the same way about everything... and the answer is yes.

Man, would I love it if we could unload Shockey and Plax for some draft picks and/or to move up.

And Eli still sucks.

We'll dig this up in 10 years and see how we all feel.

The Browns and the Raiders will be arguing this same thing.

Who's better? Russell or Quinn?

Russell. :rock:

Although in all honesty, even though his stock is as high as it's ever going to get. He needed to stay at LSU to polish his game. I am really worried the Raiders will throw him to the wolves and he's gonna get destroyed and ruin his phsyce.

Russell. :rock:

Although in all honesty, even though his stock is as high as it's ever going to get. He needed to stay at LSU to polish his game. I am really worried the Raiders will throw him to the wolves and he's gonna get destroyed and ruin his phsyce.

Raiders should pick the WR.

...but IMO, if the Raiders don't shore up that O line....Jamarcus (or Quinn) will get killed. I hope Russell has wheels to go with that 300 pound frame. Or he'll end up being a Duante Culpepper.

Raiders should pick the WR.

...but IMO, if the Raiders don't shore up that O line....Jamarcus (or Quinn) will get killed. I hope Russell has wheels to go with that 300 pound frame. Or he'll end up being a Duante Culpepper.

Exactly. Russell can move, but he's gonna get creamed playing for the Raiders.

I also agree with them needing to take Calvin Johnson. They could still trade Randy for a good draft pick or some player they need. They should have gone after Trent Green.

Yea...

If I really cared about the Raiders..... ....They should get Calvin Johnson (you can NEVER have too many WR). And in the second round draft a Kevin Kolb - Houston (if avail). Or in the second round get Drew Stanton.

And your QB's would look like this: Watler, J. Booty, and one of the above rookies.

Quinn to the Browns (IMO)...and I'd like to see a scenario a la Matt Lienert happen to Russell. Russell "slipping" to a team like the Dolphins.

Yea...

If I really cared about the Raiders..... ....They should get Calvin Johnson (you can NEVER have too many WR). And in the second round draft a Kevin Kolb - Houston (if avail). Or in the second round get Drew Stanton.

And your QB's would look like this: Watler, J. Booty, and one of the above rookies.

Quinn to the Browns (IMO)...and I'd like to see a scenario a la Matt Lienert happen to Russell. Russell "slipping" to a team like the Dolphins.

Yep. Or even the Skins (God I hate that). They are apparently not happy with Campbell, who knows why, but at least with Gibbs he has a fighting chance.

Yep. Or even the Skins (God I hate that). They are apparently not happy with Campbell, who knows why, but at least with Gibbs he has a fighting chance.

No the Deadskins!! The Giants would hafta play J. Russ TWICE. And knowing the Giants D...they'd make Russell look like Vince Young to the 10th power.

dont take much stock into the interviewing thing. this is just for future reference if something were to happen to campbell and quinn or russell hit the market at some point.

And Eli still sucks.

Are you always in the habit of trading off pro-bowl players (in their prime) for unproven player?

I was hoping the Giants took Big Ben, his arm seemed stronger to me and with the way the wind swirls at Giants Stadium we need a QB with a strong arm, Eli would be better off on the West Coast or inside a dome like his brother.

Are you always in the habit of trading off pro-bowl players (in their prime) for unproven player?

I think we should keep one of them, not both. One crybaby on a team can be dealt with, but two on the field at the same time is a bit much.

Those two guys sure don't play the brand of Giants Football I used to watch growing up.

And Eli still sucks.

That sets a new benchmark for retarded and idiotic.

Dude, no matter what you say or whatever Eli is, we are stuck with him for a long time. I feel he has it and it has been the playcalling and coaching that is severely screwed him up. Lets hope it turns around this year. The playcalling and game planning and preparation was so poor that it was near zero! Lets see....

None of them has really stood out yet, but it's pretty funny how each is perceived. Big Ben has the ring, but when you look at his number of attempts the whole season, you start realizing that he wasn't relied on to win games. And his sophmore year he looked terrible for large chunks of the season. Rivers had the best running back and receiving tight end in the league, so again, he wasn't as critical a component.

They are good young players. They had decent seasons for young QBs. But neither player has anyone thinking that they are looking at future HOF'ers. Except, of course, when they are compared to Manning, in which case they are considered all-world.

Like I said, I'm not ripping the other two, but an argument can be made that considering the respective quality of surrounding teams and the demands made, Manning has actually played at a higher level. But certainly not at a noticeably higher level.

Yea...

I think Kolb will be a steal for someone. He'll take a little time to develop but he's got a lot working for him.

• 6 months later...

Well, here we are halfway through the year.

Rivers has taken a dive. Right now, he looks like the worst of the three. The Chargers look like they have a real problem at QB right now.

Eli looks like Eli. Consistently inconsistent. 70-something QB rating. 50-something completion % What a deal.

Big Ben will likely be a Pro Bowler this year. He has it.

Well, here we are halfway through the year.

Rivers has taken a dive. Right now, he looks like the worst of the three. The Chargers look like they have a real problem at QB right now.

Eli looks like Eli. Consistently inconsistent. 70-something QB rating. 50-something completion % What a deal.

Big Ben will likely be a Pro Bowler this year. He has it.

I agree. As much as I like to believe Eli will become a great QB(Im not saying he's bad), I just dont see it. Ben has the "it" that Eli lacks