SportsWrath

So pick #2

BlueInCanada

QB or RB?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do they take?

• QB
    • RB

Listening to Shurmur/Gettleman comments from the combine it sounds 100% they are going to draft Barkley

My gut reaction was 100% against picking Barkley with the 2nd pick... but it might just be the pre-draft hype for him on WFAN, but I am starting to think he is the right pick. Gives Eli another shot at a playoff run next year, and Webb another year to learn and grow into the system, a system that now features a top flight running back and a world beater at WR.

Just need to get some sort of help at LT, which apparently is not available as a top pick this year, but maybe second or third round

My gut reaction was 100% against picking Barkley with the 2nd pick... but it might just be the pre-draft hype for him on WFAN, but I am starting to think he is the right pick. Gives Eli another shot at a playoff run next year, and Webb another year to learn and grow into the system, a system that now features a top flight running back and a world beater at WR.

Just need to get some sort of help at LT, which apparently is not available as a top pick this year, but maybe second or third round

I have to believe LT help is coming via FA....

The nightmare scenario is Darnold stays in and the Shits take Rosen. Mayfield reminds me a lot of Drew Brees though and I'd be happy with him, but I have to admit I don't watch much college ball and I'm only going by his highlight reel.

....Big 12 spread QBs....or Big 12 QBs period...should be viewed with a jaundice eye.

Has this guy ever taken a snap from center?

C. Wagon

....the World Beater wants $20 mil...a year.

C. Wagon

This is his option year and hes a free agent after. we can franchise tag him up to 3 additional years. First year tag guaranteed salary is average of top 5 wr contracts. Tagging him in 2020 means he gets a 20% raise. Tagging him in 2021 means he gets a 44% raise.

Watching the combine, I'm really liking what I see out of Sony Michel. Yes, Barkley is better but Michel, at 5'11"/220 is fast and elusive, catches the ball well and watching some tape, he has excellent vision and instincts. Mayock is comparing him to Alvin Kamara but he's actually a little bigger and faster. Best of all, he very well might be there at the top of the 2nd round. How about Quenton Nelson in round 1 and Michel in the 2nd? I'd say trade down a few spots and take Nelson but knowing us, someone will trade up and take him from under our nose.

Watching the combine, I'm really liking what I see out of Sony Michel. Yes, Barkley is better but Michel, at 5'11"/220 is fast and elusive, catches the ball well and watching some tape, he has excellent vision and instincts. Mayock is comparing him to Alvin Kamara but he's actually a little bigger and faster. Best of all, he very well might be there at the top of the 2nd round. How about Quenton Nelson in round 1 and Michel in the 2nd? I'd say trade down a few spots and take Nelson but knowing us, someone will trade up and take him from under our nose.

A white guy named Quenton... Draft him.

I see nothing wrong with taking Quenton at #2. Thinking like Jerry Reese and not taking a Guard that high because he is a guard is how the offensive line deteriorated to what it is now. Still think we can get him at #6 though.

As much as Barkley is head and shoulders the best, this rb class is still awesome. Everyone is huge and really athletic

Running on borrowed time. Had a horrific knee injury that nearly ended his career before this past season.

Look at Frank Gore, though. Chubb turned me into a believer watching him at the combine. Insanely good results in athletic testing, only really overshadowed by the freak, Barkley.

He also really improved the 2nd year removed from that knee injury.

He took over for gurley, and averaged like 9 ypc, right?

As I've said earlier, I don't know at about college, I didn't know he got hurt. Any chance the Giants can get him in the later rounds or do you think he will be gone pretty early even with the injury?

I don't know, seems he was really good in college

Dude, Im think the same thing... Nelson in the first. Michel in the second

Great to see Gettleman keying in on a 30 year old Johnathan Stewart over a once a decade RB prospect. This is the problem with old guys who the game has passed. They think they can bargain shop and stop gap positions of intense need with aging vets at positions where undrafted free agents commonly and regularly render them obsolete.

Great to see Gettleman keying in on a 30 year old Johnathan Stewart over a once a decade RB prospect. This is the problem with old guys who the game has passed. They think they can bargain shop and stop gap positions of intense need with aging vets at positions where undrafted free agents commonly and regularly render them obsolete.

U honestly think Cleveland is gonna pass on Barkley now?

U honestly think Cleveland is gonna pass on Barkley now?

I honestly think that there is absolutely no reason to believe that Tyrod Taylor is their QB of the future. And I dont think they actually feel that way, either. Taylor is QB for this year and thats about it.