SportsWrath

So pick #2

BlueInCanada

QB or RB?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do they take?

• QB
    • RB

Giants were 12th in fewest sacks allowed...

Don't know the exact number but I'd bet Eli was near the top of the league in how fast he got rid of the ball. That was by necessity and it's why we were near the bottom of the league in "chunk plays". We were also 26th in rushing. Can't wait to see the dismantling and rebuilding of this OL. As much as I'd like Barkley, I couldn't argue with trading down a few spots and getting the big, nasty OG from Notre Dame.

The problem with this draft and trading down, and it's a pretty funny one since it doesnt happen all too often is the level of QBs in this draft.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph.

A team like the Bills could stay at pick 21 and still end up with a first round guy.

The end of the first round is where trades are going to explode when one or two of these guys get pushed down the draft boards.

The problem with this draft and trading down, and it's a pretty funny one since it doesnt happen all too often is the level of QBs in this draft.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph.

A team like the Bills could stay at pick 21 and still end up with a first round guy.

The end of the first round is where trades are going to explode when one or two of these guys get pushed down the draft boards.

I agree, too much talent at QB for teams to give up a lot to move up. Bills are more likely to move up 4 or 5 slots and get a pretty good prospect than move up to 2. Unless the drop off between the 1st and 2nd tier widens, I don't see a lot of moves in the top 5...unless someone wants our spot to take Barkley.

Barkley is the safest pick. I would classify any QB drafted in the top 10 picks, especially #1 or 2 overall, as high risk/high reward. If he's what you think/hope, your franchise can be set at QB for the next 10 years.....but if he turns out to be a bust or even just mediocre, you set your franchise back 5 years. I don't follow college football well enough to have an informed opinion on any of the QB names you're all throwing around but if we draft one of them #2 overall, we damn well better be right about him.

Barkley is the safest pick. I would classify any QB drafted in the top 10 picks, especially #1 or 2 overall, as high risk/high reward. If he's what you think/hope, your franchise can be set at QB for the next 10 years.....but if he turns out to be a bust or even just mediocre, you set your franchise back 5 years. I don't follow college football well enough to have an informed opinion on any of the QB names you're all throwing around but if we draft one of them #2 overall, we damn well better be right about him.

I don't think Webb is far off from any of the QB prospects... maybe I'm a homer for Webb... but ideally we'd have Eli/Webb at QB and Barkely at RB with a few draft/FA moves on the OL and we're competitive again..

I don't think Webb is far off from any of the QB prospects... maybe I'm a homer for Webb... but ideally we'd have Eli/Webb at QB and Barkely at RB with a few draft/FA moves on the OL and we're competitive again..

Yeah I have to put you in the homer category now. I don't think the difference between Webb and the current top 5 QB's in this draft class is simply physical attributes and college program. Can't wait for the clarity free agency and the combine provides to the draft board.

Yeah I have to put you in the homer category now. I don't think the difference between Webb and the current top 5 QB's in this draft class is simply physical attributes and college program. Can't wait for the clarity free agency and the combine provides to the draft board.

Webb is our Aaron Rodgers. Those who always focus on where the kid was drafted I'll ask you this: Where was Aaron Rodgers drafted? Late first? Where was Brady drafted? I think the kid has the physical attributes and the work ethic to be a great QB... besides it's not like we have a choice here... most SW folks want Barkley drafted...

Fact is, none of us know what Webb is or will be. Coaches needed to get him meaningful snaps in the season, be it practice or on Sundays, in order to accurately compare him.

The comparison, now, will have to be Webb's college tape vs. the tape on the new class of QBs here in 2018. The shame of that is that it completely eliminates whatever progress Webb has made during his rookie year.

Of course, on the other hand, if he didn't get enough snaps, then he probably didn't progress enough for there to be a big difference between his college tape and his ability now...so perhaps the comparison is more accurate than I originally thought. \

But to the point being made...yeah, if we go QB at #2, he damn well better be the guy to take over for Eli a year from now. If we end up going QB at #2 overall and that guy sits for 3 years, then it's an equally bad scenario.

I guess my take on it is, if we go QB at #2 overall, it needs to be a year or less before the guy is starting or else it's a waste. You want to take advantage of those early years of a quality QB whom you don't have to pay 20 mil per year.

Let me go on record here and say that I, for one, do not want Barkley...

...unless, the offensive line is completely upgraded across the board in free agency first. Offensive line is too much of a glaring issue for us right now to burn the luxury of a 2nd overall on a RB.

Barkley is the pick if theyre planning to start Manning. If they are planning to move on, which signs point to no, then a quarterback is the pick. If you pick a QB at number two, he should be the de facto starter.

Thing about QB is they either take one at 2 or they don't take one at all. Hearing Shurmur/Gettleman talk and what they plan on doing, seems like they want road graders in the Oline and be focused on the run game while going with Eli

Barkley seems like the fit. I am not sure I am team RB 2 overall though, so maybe it's Nelson. There's talk of them wanting an EDGE as well so I wouldn't be surprised with Chubb. They've been looking for that stand up rusher and really wanted Floyd two years ago, Beasley three years ago

I think that the point we're all coming to is that at #2, there will be a ton of prospects that could help our team.

The draw to drafting a QB is (1) we don't plan on picking in the top 5 in the next couple years so we have a prime opportunity to replace Eli ala Rodgers/Favre and (2) we don't know shit about Webb ala every backup Eli has ever had.

I think that's the discrepancy...if they think they can win with Eli why bother drafting a QB and bypassing a position of need? If they think they can't win with Eli then why bother sticking with him? It's not like this will be the last QB class ever and i'm not sure if it's that great

I think that's the discrepancy...if they think they can win with Eli why bother drafting a QB and bypassing a position of need? If they think they can't win with Eli then why bother sticking with him? It's not like this will be the last QB class ever and i'm not sure if it's that great

I worry about this too. Nobody is really jumping off the page at you. Could just be a deep class of dalton/Flaccos

If history is any predictor, they will draft a QB and he will start the 5th or 6th game, whenever Eli has a Bad Eli game. I don't think they pass up a QB this year. It's the most valuable and long lasting commodity (if they're good).

Again, I think it's a combination of drafting high, there being some quality prospects, and that Eli's shelf life is shorter than the rookie contract of 4 years. That combination doesn't come around very often for us, so there is a strong inclination to take advantage of that scenario, regardless of Eli's performance.

It's like a perfect storm that's leading us towards a QB at #2 overall...but the wild card is Davis Webb. If we already have the heir apparent, then you go elsewhere at #2. If we don't, then you go QB at #2.

Thing is, because we don't know what we have in Webb, we're stuck in that second position of going with QB at #2. With all the new hires, they all know that their future depends on the QB that replaces Eli. And none of them want to risk going down looking...they at least want to swing the bat while at the plate.

If history is any predictor, they will draft a QB and he will start the 5th or 6th game, whenever Eli has a Bad Eli game. I don't think they pass up a QB this year. It's the most valuable and long lasting commodity (if they're good).

That sets them up for a problem too, there's Giants fans that are stuck in 2011 that will still get pissed over Eli's benching

I worry about this too. Nobody is really jumping off the page at you. Could just be a deep class of dalton/Flaccos

I too don't think any of the QB prospects jump out as the next Wentz... Which is why I don't think Webb is a bad option given we still have Eli. If available, draft Barkely, fix the OL (which is doable) and start competing... Use 2018 to evaluate Webb further and see what he's made of...

I think a lot of the fan outrage for manning being benched was a) it was for geno which served no purpose and b) everyone already hated mcadoo and saw it as him passing the buck. I think if he gets benched for the number 2 pick it wont nearly be so bad this time