SportsWrath

WAS @ NYG Game Thread

Nas

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

I don’t know what you wanted….  DJ did ok. Not great but seems you have a thing for him.  

This was the first game I thought Jones was downright good. Lots of arm on that first Slayton throw and had a completion percentage in the 90s for most of the game. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

This was the first game I thought Jones was downright good. Lots of arm on that first Slayton throw and had a completion percentage in the 90s for most of the game. 

Same here, thought he did decent. He did some good work with his foot. Even gave us a good chance to win it in OT. 

5 hours ago, mastershake said:

Jesus fucking Christ, the most critical play of the game and we got two guys on offense running into each other to blow up the play.

The coaching this game has been pathetic

That play had nothing to do with coaching but execution. 10 guys knew the play, one didn't. And it looked like if he did that play would have paid off.

12 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's still a better QB, can't keep riding the WR excuse year in and out for Jones.

BIC - I dont usually disagree too much with you - but this is BS. Both of Heinecke's TDs were his WRs making terrific plays. Slayton flat-out dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have put us in FG range and made it a 2 score game. That taunting shit that put us back out of FG range didnt help either. Dude was at 100% completion rate with 72 yards on the ground accouting for 9 of the 13 1st downs we had. As a team, we just dont have the people to even be competing in these games. But somehow we are. What I really was scratching my head over was handing the ball back to washington on that drive with 3 straight deep throws and taking like 15 sec off the clock - they had the time and the time-outs to try and engineer a regular out-of-the-pocket scrambling drives that was doing so well.

We seem to have that 1 deflating play every game - earlier it was the bad miss on the 4th and 1 to Barkley. This time it was Ritchie James and Barkley colliding on that zone-read play. Am glad we didnt lose this one - but it was definitely not on Jones.

On 12/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Also can we trade for Heniecke? 

I want a QB like him. 

I really like him (as far as his story and personality) but he's pretty limited in what he can do and makes a lot of mistakes. He's got a ton of energy though and I'm sure almost every team would be happy to have him as a second string quarterback. 

And why in the world was this obvious pass interference call picked up?  Flat out pushes him off his route.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

The ball was underthrown and not catchable probably

The Taunting call was abysmal, thank you Mara

Looks totally catchable if he wasn't held. Especially for McLaurin.

This looks like textbook taunting to me. Walked right into a crowd or Redskins. Refs will call that every time even if he says he only meant it for the running back. Refs won't give you the benefit of the doubt if you're in a crowd of the opposing team when you do that.

15 hours ago, mikmak said:

Looks totally catchable if he wasn't held. Especially for McLaurin.

This looks like textbook taunting to me. Walked right into a crowd or Redskins. Refs will call that every time even if he says he only meant it for the running back. Refs won't give you the benefit of the doubt if you're in a crowd of the opposing team when you do that.

I agree with the taunting call.  Even if he meant it for his teammate… still boneheaded and classless.

I’m not too sure about the PI call though.   Many plays worse than that go uncalled.   

A tie is about right.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:47 PM, mikmak said:

I really like him (as far as his story and personality) but he's pretty limited in what he can do and makes a lot of mistakes. He's got a ton of energy though and I'm sure almost every team would be happy to have him as a second string quarterback. 

And why in the world was this obvious pass interference call picked up?  Flat out pushes him off his route.

the true answer is, that is clear DPI if the Giants are on offense, and its a good no call if they're on defense. :P

seriously I think the flag was picked up because the defender did such a good job getting his head around. Seems they usually give the defensive player the benefit of the doubt if they're at least giving the impression of looking at the ball. Definitely obstructed the receiver. but did it without grabbing any jersey and while looking at the ball.... probably one of Moreau's best reps this year.