SportsWrath

Bradberry released

Herc

18 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also what a situation.

You still get 11 million from your previous employer, you get to leave a decade bottom of the NFL franchise and you can go chase a ring.

God bless DG and his mystic GM ways. 

I have to be honest, and this is easy to say because I'm not a top notch athlete...if I got $11 million to not play, I'd just be done. At his age, I'd take the money, invest most of it so it kept making me money, keep some of it in a bank account to pay bills with, and keep the rest in a suitcase under my bed for partying and general bullshit. I'd buy a house outright and a car, maybe two. I'd get my mom a house with a casita or two for my siblings to live in, and buy her a car to get around in. Fuck risking getting injured chasing a football. 

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

Giants owners need to learn from this more than anybody. No GM should ever put the future of a teams pay structure in such a reckless fashion.  

This.

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

I have to be honest, and this is easy to say because I'm not a top notch athlete...if I got $11 million to not play, I'd just be done. At his age, I'd take the money, invest most of it so it kept making me money, keep some of it in a bank account to pay bills with, and keep the rest in a suitcase under my bed for partying and general bullshit. I'd buy a house outright and a car, maybe two. I'd get my mom a house with a casita or two for my siblings to live in, and buy her a car to get around in. Fuck risking getting injured chasing a football. 

Some play the game for the love of the game.   It’s just nicer to get paid for it.

4 hours ago, BronxRik said:

This big time man.  We are on the same wavelength.  These guys all play hurt as well.  Why worry about being crippled or paralyzed for the rest of your life when you can take the money and run. :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Yeah but that 11 million probably turns into about 4 million after taxes, agent fees, all the other shit. Not chump change but probably not let it ride money for most 28 year olds either I think.  

Not if they're smart. 

I don't know anybody who makes $11 million per year, but I know a few guys that are pretty up there and its shocking how many of them are still paycheck to paycheck. Not pro athletes, just dudes with good jobs and that should have way, way better sense.

I have a friend who makes obscene money, an exec at a like Fortune 5 company (not 500.... 5), and that motherfucker still needs to be floated sometimes. Like come on man, how many cars do you really need, your house looks like a car lot. And no, your lazy fucking kid doesn't need a Mercedes to drive around in. Nice guitar. ... but you already have seventeen, did you really need to spend your last $3000 for the week on that one? And I don't mind, he's always way beyond good for it, there's another $20k bonus coming the next month, but that fucker should be retired by 45, and he won't be. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Not if they're smart. 

I don't know anybody who makes $11 million per year, but I know a few guys that are pretty up there and its shocking how many of them are still paycheck to paycheck. Not pro athletes, just dudes with good jobs and that should have way, way better sense.

I have a friend who makes obscene money, an exec at a like Fortune 5 company (not 500.... 5), and that motherfucker still needs to be floated sometimes. Like come on man, how many cars do you really need, your house looks like a car lot. And no, your lazy fucking kid doesn't need a Mercedes to drive around in. Nice guitar. ... but you already have seventeen, did you really need to spend your last $3000 for the week on that one? And I don't mind, he's always way beyond good for it, there's another $20k bonus coming the next month, but that fucker should be retired by 45, and he won't be. 

This dude... you need one house to live in and maybe... big maybe one vacation house.  One to two cars max.  Maybe a motorcycle and a decent boat.  No to planes.  Take first class if you must.  Two thirds of all money invested in the market... no blowing away of money.  Scum bag spoiled brat gets an internship job and gets a nice modest modern car... that is all.  Most people unfortunately don't do financial planning until they are in their late 40's early 50's.  With his money I would have been retired by 50 and my kids would learn the ways of the world and not be princesses.  There is an old saying that goes like this:  The king made a great king, yet the prince is a lousy king.  The prince was raised in wealth and became king... the king was not.  Big difference there. ;) These guys/gals with big money don't really understand how money works, many of them.

7 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Not if they're smart. 

Yeah I was going to add, if your Bradberry and making obscene money every year, probably not going to maintain a lifestyle you're accustomed to by calling it done now.  And I don't know anything about the man, not saying he is immature or bad with money, but I'd imagine like most 20 year olds suddenly rich, he entered a lifestyle that demands a certain level of income - even if he just bought a million dollar house, a really nice car, etc - property taxes will eat at it.  

For my lifestyle, I'd be living the good life on that settlement.  lol.  Pay off the house, but a new Toyota for me and the wife, and probably 100 acres in WV to hunt and camp and I'd be set I think.  Ah, dreams. 

For sure... 11M or just south of that with 20% taxes is 8M and change.  I could live on that the rest of my life and pass on at least half if not more of it to my children in terms of generational wealth.  New car... new house... some consumer things that is it.  6M for investments and the other 2M to spend on property and Knick Knacks... :laugh:

5 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure... 11M or just south of that with 20% taxes is 8M and change.  I could live on that the rest of my life and pass on at least half if not more of it to my children in terms of generational wealth.  New car... new house... some consumer things that is it.  6M for investments and the other 2M to spend on property and Knick Knacks... :laugh:

Federal tax alone is near 40%… then you have NY or NJ taxes at probably 12% if not higher… and god forbid you live in NYC, they want their 8 to 12%….

5 hours ago, Nas said:

Federal tax alone is near 40%… then you have NY or NJ taxes at probably 12% if not higher… and god forbid you live in NYC, they want their 8 to 12%….

I hear you man... disability cuts that in half... so 20% and 6%... and another 6%.  32% altogether.  Thanks.  Researched it in case I win LOTTO.  ;)

6 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I hear you man... disability cuts that in half... so 20% and 6%... and another 6%.  32% altogether.  Thanks.  Researched it in case I win LOTTO.  ;)

My plan is to move to FL or TN before cashing out the ticket 😂 

26 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I hear you.  Neither state is an option for me.

It’s only for the taxes THAT year… I’m a Northeast guy… or Yemen eventually.

2 hours ago, Nas said:

It’s only for the taxes THAT year… I’m a Northeast guy… or Yemen eventually.

Then you should move out here. No state taxes, no city taxes, none of that shit from back east. Plus, it's 120 degrees in the summer, you'll never know the difference when you move to Yemen.