SportsWrath

Bradberry released

Herc

51 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Then you should move out here. No state taxes, no city taxes, none of that shit from back east. Plus, it's 120 degrees in the summer, you'll never know the difference when you move to Yemen.  

:laugh: Plus no water... works fine... :surf:

On 5/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, BronxRik said:

Then you should move out here. No state taxes, no city taxes, none of that shit from back east. Plus, it's 120 degrees in the summer, you'll never know the difference when you move to Yemen.  

I actually hate hot weather (granted it's the humidity that gets me).   Even my hometown in Yemen became unbearable last time I visited in 2010... granted we didn't have AC's either and I wasn't about to buy one for a 4 week stay.   

23 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Smart man... Floribama might be better than Tennessee... it is a redneck paradise man... ;)

The house my sister lives in near Nashville is in my name... will have no problem establishing residency in quick order.    There's been a lot of frustration recently with my work (seems like the "boss" doesn't like others to shine)... I've been considering a move which hopefully will get me out of NYC and into Garden City, Long Island.    

2 hours ago, Nas said:

I actually hate hot weather (granted it's the humidity that gets me).   Even my hometown in Yemen became unbearable last time I visited in 2010... granted we didn't have AC's either and I wasn't about to buy one for a 4 week stay.   

The house my sister lives in near Nashville is in my name... will have no problem establishing residency in quick order.    There's been a lot of frustration recently with my work (seems like the "boss" doesn't like others to shine)... I've been considering a move which hopefully will get me out of NYC and into Garden City, Long Island.    

Garden City is nice.  I was finishing my Doctorate at Adelphi and I drove around all of Garden City nice place man....

4 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Garden City is nice.  I was finishing my Doctorate at Adelphi and I drove around all of Garden City nice place man....

Yep…. Very.   

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

today's worst person in the world is James Bradberry's agent.

I understand trying to get your money while the getting is good, but Bradberry's team massively overvalued their client. 

There was no "trying to get your money" IMO

The Giants owed Bradberry 21 million this year, that was because of the restructuring that Getty did.

It's not like Bradberry just flat out said "I'm not playing for you unless you pay me more" 

If anything the Giants said "you're not playing for this team unless you take a pay cut and pray you don't get injured" 

45 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

There was no "trying to get your money" IMO

The Giants owed Bradberry 21 million this year, that was because of the restructuring that Getty did.

It's not like Bradberry just flat out said "I'm not playing for you unless you pay me more" 

If anything the Giants said "you're not playing for this team unless you take a pay cut and pray you don't get injured" 

True, I'm referring to the scuttled trade deals. He is rumored to have had respectable offers from a couple teams that offered to trade for him, but when Bradberry refused to restructure they filled their CB needs and the money dried up. 

Instead, a one year below market deal.

Isn't the $11 mil 'dead money' just the sum of the bonuses that were supposed to be spread over the life of the contract ie. money he's already been paid? Gentlemen restructured him last year, pushing bonus money forward, plus he's already been paid $3 mil this year.

11 hours ago, Treehugger said:

Isn't the $11 mil 'dead money' just the sum of the bonuses that were supposed to be spread over the life of the contract ie. money he's already been paid? Gentlemen restructured him last year, pushing bonus money forward, plus he's already been paid $3 mil this year.

right, I think the confusion is there was also some offset language in his contract, and I'm not sure there's clear info out there on how that impacts the Giants cap situation. Most of the dead money is pro-rata bonus money paid in prior years. Some of it is this year's roster bonus, but I think thats where the offset language comes in - and I'm not clear on if its the Giants picking up some of the cap cost for the Eagles, or vice versa.